Windows 10: Errors - Microsoft.Windows.Remediation - Event 2 error 0xC0000035

Discus and support Errors - Microsoft.Windows.Remediation - Event 2 error 0xC0000035 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Starting about ten days ago, Event Viewer shows a flood of Errors: Session "Microsoft.Windows.Remediation" failed to start with the following error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by glnz, Jul 19, 2021.

1. glnz Win User

Errors - Microsoft.Windows.Remediation - Event 2 error 0xC0000035

Starting about ten days ago, Event Viewer shows a flood of Errors: Session "Microsoft.Windows.Remediation" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035 This is on Win 10 Pro 64-bit version 20H2, updated through the June 2021 updates. I also have Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365). A Google search does not help. Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

2. Mike0409 Win User

System Error.

Event ID for each error? List those, will tell you what caused it on the Microsoft Knowledge Base.

Mike0409, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start error: 0xC0000035 Event ID 2

Errors - Microsoft.Windows.Remediation - Event 2 error 0xC0000035 [​IMG]

I started getting this error message Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035 Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing ID 2 <Data Name="ErrorCode">3221225525</Data>
    <Data Name="LoggingMode">8388736</Data>

I first noticed this in the 19th of July and then again yesterday and once again today.

I think this started happening after installing Microsoft Visual C++ with the FIFA 18 Demo on the 18th July and the the following day this error started emerging.

I don't know if this is a coincidence, but over a month ago I had the same problem when I upgraded to 1903 from 1809.

I did a fresh clean install of Windows 10 1903 less than a month ago and I didn't have this error message until now again!

Can someone tell me what is triggering this error message to occur in the Event Log?

BLaZiNgSPEED, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Errors - Microsoft.Windows.Remediation - Event 2 error 0xC0000035

Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start error: 0xC0000035 Event ID 2

Ok I have found out the reason for this error trigger to appear sometimes and not on all occasions. Normally this error occurs only on restart of the computer!

On the moment you restart the PC that is when the error gets logged in the Event Viewer. This happens randomly, sometimes it doesn't occur at all. The error gets triggered due to perhaps a timing issue, but I can't be certain what causes it to make it happen.

Errors - Microsoft.Windows.Remediation - Event 2 error 0xC0000035 [​IMG]

In order to fix this, you must open Regedit and search for this. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\EventLog-System\{b675ec37-bdb6-4648-bc92-f3fdc74d3ca2}

Inside Enabled and EnableProperty change the value to a 0 from 1 and now this error will no longer appear in the Event Viewer during PC restarts/shut down.
    Here I found out from another users advice. windows 7 - Event Viewer: Event ID 2 'Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035' - Super User
    To Open Control Panel -> System -> Administrative Tools -> Performance Monitor. Under Data Collector Sets -> Event Trace Sessions, verify that the Context Logger is running. I have no problem with the Context Logger this always runs.

However, the PerfDiag Logger session disappears after a few minutes on PC boot. It does not run at all times, I have no idea whether this behaviour is normal. Maybe others can confirm if this behaviour is normal for it to stop running after a while.

All I know is that this error gets logged in event viewer on PC restart/shut down but it doesn't happen absolutely every single time. Sometimes it doesn't run on PC launch and other times it would run for a few minutes and then disappear.

For now the best thing to do is change the Enabled and EnableProperty to a 0 so this random error will not get logged in the Event Viewer. *Smile

BLaZiNgSPEED, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Errors - Microsoft.Windows.Remediation - Event 2 error 0xC0000035

1. Errors - Microsoft.Windows.Remediation - Event 2 error 0xC0000035 - Similar Threads - Errors Microsoft Remediation

2. Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035: Hi Support,I've just built a new computer this month and am having trouble with several errors that appear in Event Viewer.Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035 2 times in 1 hourSession "CldFltLog" failed to start with the following...
  3. Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035: Hi Support,I've just built a new computer this month and am having trouble with several errors that appear in Event Viewer.Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035 2 times in 1 hourSession "CldFltLog" failed to start with the following...
  4. Fix Error code 0xC0000035 in Event Viewer on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error code 0xC0000035 in Event Viewer on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you’re using the Event Viewer in Windows 11/10, then maybe in recent times, you’ve come across an error code 0xC0000035 that points directly towards a Kernel Event Tracing Error. This is not a new error, of course, but for many, this is the first time they’ve come...
  5. Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start error: 0xC0000035 Event ID 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start error: 0xC0000035 Event ID 2: [img] I started getting this error message Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035 Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing ID 2 <Data Name="ErrorCode">3221225525</Data> <Data Name="LoggingMode">8388736</Data> I first noticed this in...
  6. Anyone else get Event 2 Kernel-Event Tracing error in Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else get Event 2 Kernel-Event Tracing error in Event Viewer?: Every morning when I switch on my PC I just get one error in Event Viewer..It is Event 2 Kernel-Event Tracing error . Under General it reads Session "CldfFltLog" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022 Ive been seeing this error forever on my PC and Ive searched...
  7. 2 questions about event manager errors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 questions about event manager errors: In my event manager, what do these mean and can they be fixed?THANKS!!! The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{E1E47DE5-E3C7-4923-AADA-8FD3E34A7914} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start.The name...
  8. event error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    event error: Product: 23-q141in SERIAL NO: 8CC6240HY3 PRODUCT NO: N4R49AA#ACJ product ID : 00327-60000-00000-AA218 Operating SySTEM WINDOWS 10 HOME SINGAL LANGUAGE 64 BIT VERSION : 1803 A corrected hardware error has occured. Component: PCI Express Endpoint Error Source:...
  9. Event ID 1 warning & Event ID 2 error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 1 warning & Event ID 2 error: Hello, After Fall Creators update I'm seeing 1 error and 1 warning in the Event Viewer which I'm not able to resolve. Event ID 1 The backing-file for the real-time session "DefenderApiLogger" has reached its maximum size. As a result, new events will not be logged to...
  10. Random crahes with no error messages on reboot but 0xc0000035 in Event

in Windows 10 Support
    Random crahes with no error messages on reboot but 0xc0000035 in Event: Newly acquired older laptop with fresh install of W10. No problems for the first month but daily crashes now. It just shuts off on it's own with no problem on restart, no error messages of any kind such as windows failed to shut down properly, etc. No BSOD, no Black screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. microsoft.windows.remediation 0xc0000035