Windows 10: errors on drive not primary drive that need to be repaired windows 10

Discus and support errors on drive not primary drive that need to be repaired windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I have the above message occuring when I run a 'properties/tools/check' on my 'E' drive not my main drive, and also a mechanical drive..not ssd.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lethal42, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Lethal42 Win User

errors on drive not primary drive that need to be repaired windows 10

Hi,I have the above message occuring when I run a 'properties/tools/check' on my 'E' drive not my main drive, and also a mechanical drive..not ssd.I have run chdsk /f & chkdsk/r on it under admin priveleges, also on boot...and nothing has changedMy main drive DID have this same error, however that disappeared after a third party optimisation; a similar thing is NOT occuring on the E drive.Most of the threads for this either pre-date win 10 or head in another direction.Appreciate any advise as to how to fix this, and more than happy to provide system info as required.regardsLethal42

:)

Lethal42, Jul 2, 2021
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Jul 2, 2021
  3. Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Jul 2, 2021
  4. errors on drive not primary drive that need to be repaired windows 10

little cat, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

errors on drive not primary drive that need to be repaired windows 10

1. errors on drive not primary drive that need to be repaired windows 10 - Similar Threads - errors drive primary

2. Can I boot to a second Windows drive and from there repair Windows on my primary drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I boot to a second Windows drive and from there repair Windows on my primary drive?: For the past week Windows 10 has not been booting normally. After running every repair I can find, including a few 3rd-party tools I was able to get it to boot normally, but Windows would freeze up after a few minutes, so I couldn't run anything within Windows that would take...
  3. Restart to repair drive errors Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart to repair drive errors Windows 10: 2 days ago when I turned on my pc, it did the disk checking during the boot up process for the C: drive. Then on my notifications it shows that I need to restart to repair drive errors, which I did, however the message is still there after the restart. On Security and...
  4. Restart to repair drive errors Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart to repair drive errors Windows 10: 2 days ago when I turned on my pc, it did the disk checking during the boot up process for the C: drive. Then on my notifications it shows that I need to restart to repair drive errors, which I did, however the message is still there after the restart. On Security and...
  5. Restart to repair drive errors Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Error:"Repair this drive. Windows found errors on this drive that needs to be repaired....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error:"Repair this drive. Windows found errors on this drive that needs to be repaired....: Hi.. Currently running on windows 10. The error appeared when i was trying to check/scanning drive C: by going to "this pc" right clicking on drive C "properties" "tools" "check" "scan drive" and then the only option I'm getting is to close. The issue started when i was...
  7. Disk "Restart Needed" Restart drive to repair errors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk "Restart Needed" Restart drive to repair errors.: I have disk checked, i have restarted my computer a billion times, each time it was "repairing drive" but i still get that message! I have tried a lot of things but in the control panel in security and maintenance in the tab maintenance at the drive status it says "restart...
  8. Restart to repair drive errors [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restart to repair drive errors [Windows 10]: Hi, I recently install NVMe M.2 SSD with PCIe x1 adapter when the problem occur. It ask me to restart and so here is what I have done in order: 1. Restart the message still appear 2. Properties > Tools > Check No errors 3. CMD as below: [ATTACH] I am about to proceed...
  9. Primary drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    Primary drive: After installing windows 10 from a usb stick (legal from microsoft) my desktop starts up from USB only. If i remove the stick, start up leaves me with a black screen. I want my desktop to start up from the intern HD. How to change that ?...
  10. How to repair external hard drive that has errors that need repairing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to repair external hard drive that has errors that need repairing: Hello, I scanned my 2 TB external hard drive and it was found to have errors. The box said errors were found and to close the box and repair them. It doesn't say how to do this. This hard drive registers as Drive N on my PC. I am trying to copy the files on this drive to a...