Windows 10: Errors on hard drive

Discus and support Errors on hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I ran a ChkDsk scan and multiple index errors appeared. I have also right clicked on my Windows C: , went to properties then went to tools and clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by um.its.me, Apr 2, 2020.

1. um.its.me Win User

Errors on hard drive

I ran a ChkDsk scan and multiple index errors appeared. I have also right clicked on my Windows C: , went to properties then went to tools and clicked "check" and this is the dialogue box that popped up. My question is, how do I safely repair it and what are all those index entry errors?

Errors on hard drive 605b1440-6a77-4c56-8272-7efff8cccf4f?upload=true.png

Errors on hard drive [​IMG]

Errors on hard drive [​IMG]

:)

um.its.me, Apr 2, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 2, 2020
  3. little cat, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Jess Bor Win User

Errors on hard drive

HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR

Hi Aditya,

In order for us to help you with your concern about hard disk drive error, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What specific error are you getting? Are you getting an alpha-numeric error codes such as 0x80070057? If possible, kindly post here a screen shot of the actual error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • For initial troubleshooting steps, kindly access this
      support link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Errors on hard drive

1. Errors on hard drive - Similar Threads - Errors hard drive

2. hard drive error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive error: whenever i run a hard drive test i keep getting the error code - Targeted Read Test - WHD20-JOD, can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-error/aba95e95-a113-4f77-840f-79e629842b51
  3. hard drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive error: whenever i run a hard drive test i keep getting the error code - Targeted Read Test - WHD20-JOD, can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-error/aba95e95-a113-4f77-840f-79e629842b51
  4. hard drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive Error: So basically what happened is that I reset my hard drive but my smaller 5 year old brother restarted my computer by accident while it was resetting and now whenever I boot up the pc with my hard drive It says "Preparing" Then goes to "Just a Moment then finally to "Windows...
  6. Hard Drive Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Error: So basically what happened is that I reset my hard drive but my smaller 5 year old brother restarted my computer by accident while it was resetting and now whenever I boot up the pc with my hard drive It says "Preparing" Then goes to "Just a Moment then finally to "Windows...
  7. Hard Drive Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Hard drive error

Hard drive error: So I installed windows 10 on my hdd at my friend’s house and it worked fine but than after connecting hdd to my pc it can’t boot IDE channel 0 slave disk HDD S.M.A.R.T capability....Disabled...
  9. Hard drive error

Hard drive error: A message that a recycle bin on my external hard drive is corrupted keeps recurring. I checked the drive for errors but it keeps coming. Ca someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/hard-drive-error/46d93193-f020-4792-bdcc-28daff692796
  10. Checking hard drive for errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Checking hard drive for errors: Hello, I have a 3 yr old Samsung laptop which I thought was behaving properly. Today, Outlook froze and then as I tried to open other programs, each thing froze as well. I left it alone and things eventually sorted themselves out and the computer became functional again....