Windows 10: Errors playing and downloading films with Film & TV or Movies & TV ... Same app different...

Discus and support Errors playing and downloading films with Film & TV or Movies & TV ... Same app different... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a PC Film & TV issue not an XBox issue. I part watched a film then left it so I could sleep. When I went back to it it would not play. Just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Guilliem, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Guilliem Win User

Errors playing and downloading films with Film & TV or Movies & TV ... Same app different...

This is a PC Film & TV issue not an XBox issue.

I part watched a film then left it so I could sleep. When I went back to it it would not play. Just remained on a black screen. I tried downloading it, it would not download, stuck on pending then an error. Tried playing a downloaded film.. would not play. Tried buying another film.. I bought it but it does not play. Eventually the black screen would display an error message as well. 2 different error messages.

Tried a different laptop. Populated the items bought, but would not play.

Upgraded to latest version of Windows 1903.. Nice visual changes, but no help to playing video.

Uninstalled and reinstalled Film & TV.. Repopulated items but no change.

Checked Date, time, region etc.. all correct.

Free ram on SD card 100+ GB

Free ram on HDD 400+ GB

Checked down load location to look for media.. It no longer listed my SD card & location for files on HDD was wrong.. Corrected both & can now play downloaded films.

Checked error messages Noticed they changed.

I think this is an issue connecting to the verification to play the film. This is for films not watched but bought before the issue & the one I bought to test.

Tried various films already watched & the one part watched.. same error each time.

Tried films not watched but bought prior & film bought after the problem surfaced. so also not watched.

So, am I really the only one with this issue?

I do not think it can be the device as it replicates on a second device. Thus it must be my account? But that looks ok..

The changes I had to correct either came during the reinstall or the Windows upgrade, or by a MS update.. None were made by me.

The fact that those films not played, so not verified, give a different error to ones watched. Implies to me that there is a verification issue at MS.

This is the only app I constantly have issues with.

:)

Guilliem, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Thomas-H Win User

Refresh movies in Films & Tv

When I download/add movies or films to the Videos folder on my computer then try to play them later using Films & TV app, it takes up to 15 minutes for the Films & TV app to refresh it's library. Is there a shortcut where I can manually refresh the Films
    library?

Thomas-H, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Sanmoy281 Win User
    Problem with the windows app "Films and TV"

Hello,

I am running win 10 SL home edition (ver. 1511). My default windows app for playing any movies is "Films and TV" but we all know that at present there is no such app like "Films and TV". It should be "Movies and TV". I tried updating it from Microsoft
    store but there the name was "Movies and TV" but when I open it it shows the name of "Films and TV". So
    I want to change my default windows app for playing movies from "Films and TV" to "Movies And TV".

Expecting co-operation from your end.

Thank you.

Sanmoy281, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Errors playing and downloading films with Film & TV or Movies & TV ... Same app different...

Films & Tv App

Hi Guys

In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name.

Info - My movies are all stored on an external Hdd in a few different folders not in the default Videos folder

Cheers Danny

xxxdannyxxx, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Errors playing and downloading films with Film & TV or Movies & TV ... Same app different...

1. Errors playing and downloading films with Film & TV or Movies & TV ... Same app different... - Similar Threads - Errors playing downloading

2. Films & TV download location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Films & TV download location: Windows 11 v23H2 I have purchased my first video from the store and was able to watch it through "Films & TV" application. I later noticed I could download the files so got "Films & TV" to do so. The video now has the 'Remove download' icon. I can't find the physical file...
  3. Film and tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Film and tv: Why haven't they made a app for film and tv on Android been wanting one for years come on just do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv/c3326188-ccbf-430c-ae0e-b4a71aff70dc
  4. Film and tv

Film and tv: Why haven't they made a app for film and tv on Android been wanting one for years come on just do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv/c3326188-ccbf-430c-ae0e-b4a71aff70dc
  5. Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.: I recently purchased my first film on the windows Films & TV app in which a song is played at the beginning. For some reason, the song plays in a higher pitch in comparison to the rest of the film, similar to YouTube videos that try and avoid a copyright strike. I don't...
  6. Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.

Films & TV app plays purchased films in higher pitch.: I recently purchased my first film on the windows Films & TV app in which a song is played at the beginning. For some reason, the song plays in a higher pitch in comparison to the rest of the film, similar to YouTube videos that try and avoid a copyright strike. I don't...
  7. Films & TV App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Films & TV App: Hello, I have a pc and I accidentally uninstalled it in the Films & TV App. I would like to reinstall it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/films-tv-app/860284b6-65c4-493b-8438-438cf4f70a5b
  8. Films and TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Films and TV: Hi, I've been having problems with the films & TV app working correctly after I've been using it a while so I thought I'd do a system check. It found some corrupt files they were unable to fix. Going into the CBS.log they talk of duplicate ownership files etc. I can't...
  9. Films & TV App

Films & TV App: How do I remove a device that I have listed as being able to download movies when the device is broken and I cannot logon to it? The help seems to suggest, you logon to the device then go to the Films & TV app and select settings. In this path you can then select Remove this...
  10. Films & Tv App

Films & Tv App: Hi Guys In the Films & Tv app is it possible to get my personal films to arrange by folder rather than all listed by name. I'm sure I had it like that but something has changed and now there all listed on one page sorted by name. Info - My movies are all stored on an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 no option to sign in to films and tv