Windows 10: Errors regarding adding new HDD in a laptop

Discus and support Errors regarding adding new HDD in a laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried to add a new HDD to my computer, It wanted me to initialize the HDD. But I cannot do so due to many errors popping up. The error says "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aayush_141, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Errors regarding adding new HDD in a laptop

I tried to add a new HDD to my computer, It wanted me to initialize the HDD. But I cannot do so due to many errors popping up.
    The error says "The request could not be performed due to an I/O device error". If I retry it sometimes gives a different error that says "Invalid function" If I click on the 'offline' button it will say " Device not ready ".

How do I fix such errors? How do I get the HDD usable?

Here are pics of the disk management screen: Errors regarding adding new HDD in a laptop 4a1d4d7f-67a5-4551-a457-6f83d42a931e?upload=true.png

:)

Aayush_141, Oct 27, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Oct 27, 2020
  4. Errors regarding adding new HDD in a laptop

New HDD for my Laptop

Ok, I have a Lenovo T60 Laptop. I got it ~3 years ago and it's running very well. (very solid machine) I don't get to have a new laptop until next year, so I want to upgrade my current one. Specs:
    Code: 2GHz Core Duo, 1GB (2x512MB) DDR2-667, X1400M, 100GB 7200rpm HDD[/quote] I use it for school mostly. Internet, word processing, and the occasional 3D game. (Halo, BF2, RCT2) Nothing serious.

The only upgrade I could think of that's worth the money would be to upgrade the HDD. So that's what I want to upgrade. And I'm looking for speed. Here are some requirements:

Hard Drive
    • $75 Max
    • 160GB+
    • Fast
    SSD
    • $100 Max
    • Preferably 60GB+, but I can do 30GB if it's really cheap
    Notes/Concerns:
    • I'd like to have a warranty. Not necessary, but preferred.
    • Single platter hdds ROCK! (But I don't know the # of platters of 2.5in HDDs)
    • The only SSD I'm gonna get is one that's JMicron based. Is it worth it? In other words, JMicron SSD or laptop HDD?
    So any specific recommendations? Thanks! *Smile Errors regarding adding new HDD in a laptop :)

angelkiller, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Errors regarding adding new HDD in a laptop

1. Errors regarding adding new HDD in a laptop - Similar Threads - Errors regarding adding

2. Regarding Error 0x80071771 to unlock external HDD Drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding Error 0x80071771 to unlock external HDD Drive.: Dear sir/ma'am, I have this HDD and I am looking for my old photos and videos. When I tried to open them I failed because of the lock. It says Error 0x80071771: The specified file could not be decrypted. I have tried a lot with both windows methods, i.e. user change to...
  3. Regarding Error 0x80071771 to unlock external HDD Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding Error 0x80071771 to unlock external HDD Drive.: Dear sir/ma'am, I have this HDD and I am looking for my old photos and videos. When I tried to open them I failed because of the lock. It says Error 0x80071771: The specified file could not be decrypted. I have tried a lot with both windows methods, i.e. user change to...
  4. Regarding Error 0x80071771 to unlock external HDD Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM: Hi everyone,Before, my pc only has an ssd and a ram stick. Then I decided to buy hdd and another ram stick. And few days later, my pc is encountering blue screens. I tried the the dism, sfc, updating drivers but I'm still encountering it. I have this issue since few weeks...
  6. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM: Hi everyone,Before, my pc only has an ssd and a ram stick. Then I decided to buy hdd and another ram stick. And few days later, my pc is encountering blue screens. I tried the the dism, sfc, updating drivers but I'm still encountering it. I have this issue since few weeks...
  7. BSOD error after adding new HDD and RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Regarding External HDD error 0x800701B1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding External HDD error 0x800701B1: I am always facing this error while copying any items form my External Hdd 2 TB of WD company. The error is 0x800701B1 . I tried installing windows again but the problem is still. I would definitely be graetful if you help in this situation. This is new HDD and at the end i...
  9. Adding a disk image to a new HdD.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Adding a disk image to a new HdD.: I bought a 2 TB HdD to replace my old 117 GB HdD. I've done a disk image with Macrium Reflect on an external HdD. Will I be able to install that image to the 2TB HdD without any issues with Microsoft & use it? I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64B which is an upgrade from 7 Pro 64B....
  10. changing hdd in new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing hdd in new laptop: I will be getting a new laptop, I've never had one before, which has a 1tb hdd fitted. I happen to have a Samsung 500gb 850 EVO taken from a desktop that died, the ssd is fine. What are my options, can I remove the hdd and do a clean install of W10, my first choice to avoid...