Windows 10: Errors when attempting to burn a music disk using Windows Media Player

Discus and support Errors when attempting to burn a music disk using Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When attempting to burn a music disk to a CD-R or CD-RW, Windows Media Player sometimes returns one of the following errors: Windows Media Player... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M. Hamer, Nov 8, 2019.

1. M. Hamer Win User

Errors when attempting to burn a music disk using Windows Media Player

When attempting to burn a music disk to a CD-R or CD-RW, Windows Media Player sometimes returns one of the following errors:

Windows Media Player cannot burn some of the files.

To investigate the problem, click the icon next to the files in the burn list.

Or

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while burning the file to disk.

:)

M. Hamer, Nov 8, 2019

2. Windows Media Player burning music Problem. When I click "start burn" with my disk in the computer, it tells me to insert a blank disk

Hello Mehrzad,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with burning music in a blank DVD. We will certainly help you.

The disk you are using ,is it a Read/ Write disk or a Normal disk (copy write CD)?

Let me inform you, if you are not using a Read/ Write CD/DVD then you will not be able to burn the music in the DVD.

Put an empty disk in the drive open my computer and double click on the CD inserted. And check for the status of the CD, if its CD/DVD-RW drive, if any files appear in explorer greyed out then delete them by clicking "Delete these temporary files".

I suggest you to follow the below steps to fix the issue.

Method 1:
    If you are trying to copy the songs to CD, follow the below steps.

If the CD is copy right protected. You will not be able to copy songs to the computer if the CD is copy right protected.

Also try to clear the burn list if any old list of songs available and try to copy again and see if it helps.

Method 2: Windows media player settings troubleshooter

Also try the Windows media player settings troubleshooter and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
          Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting
          and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Windows media player settings
          and follow the prompts.

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/burn-cd-dvd-media-player#1TC=windows-10

Burn CD's with windows 10

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assists you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Burning CD with Windows Media Player

Hi Carey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Firstly, Windows Media Player requires that content intended to be burned to discs be first stored on the computer's hard disk. Therefore, I would suggest you to copy all the songs to a folder first and then proceed to the next step.

Once that is done, I would suggest you to refer to the help article below for steps to burn the CD and check if it helps.

Burn a CD or DVD in Windows Media Player: frequently asked questions

In response to your query, please note that the track information will or will not show depending on the file or whether it is being played on a Text-enabled CD player.

Get back to us with the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Errors when attempting to burn a music disk using Windows Media Player

WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 12 IN WINDOWS 10 WILL NOT BURN AN AUDIO CD FROM SONGS IN THE WAV FORMAT

The exact error message was: "Windows Media Player cannot burn some of these files. To investigate the problem check the icon next to the files in the burn list"

Click "OK" then click on "Blank Disk (FErrors when attempting to burn a music disk using Windows Media Player :)". One or more songs in the burn list will have a red circle containing an X beside it along with a message "An Error Occurred".

I have only attempted to burn popular music files. From these, there is no particular specific music file that stands out as being the cause of the problem.

Before this particular issue, I prepared a burn list of 22 songs in wav format from a different artist and after 2 or 3 attempts, I was unsuccessful to burn a CD. I then reduced the burn list to 18 songs and after 2 attempts the burn was successful.

Next, is the second attempt to burn a music CD. I was successful after 2 attempts using music files in the wav format from another artist. The burn list contained 3 songs.

This leads to the third attempt to burn a music CD which so far has been unsuccessful and is the subject of this post.

The music files are again from a different artist.

I purchased this notebook new, approximately one month ago.

I hope that this information is helpful.

notfinished, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Errors when attempting to burn a music disk using Windows Media Player

1. Errors when attempting to burn a music disk using Windows Media Player - Similar Threads - Errors attempting burn

2. can windows media player burn disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can windows media player burn disk.: can windows media player burn disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-media-player-burn-disk/3f432277-08f1-436f-b1a5-97d20a840e9e
  3. can windows media player burn disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can windows media player burn disk.: can windows media player burn disk. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-windows-media-player-burn-disk/3f432277-08f1-436f-b1a5-97d20a840e9e
  4. Windows Media Player not burning readable music to CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player not burning readable music to CD: I have Windows 10 on my Dell laptop and am using a plug-in CD burner Dell. My Windows Media Player always burned my music purchased and downloaded from Amazon before with no issues. Suddenly the music will burn to the disc but can't be played anywhere other than on my laptop....
  5. Trying to burn music thru windows media player,

Trying to burn music thru windows media player,: Disk drive almost completes burn then it kicks me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-burn-music-thru-windows-media-player/f8e0decd-b093-48ff-8be8-fd2f311a1578
  6. Using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD: When using Windows Media Player to burn music files to a CD, the result is files burned on the CD with a name of Track01.cda, Track02.cda, Track03.cda, etc. Each file is 1 KB in size. Further, the disk becomes write-protected so it must be thrown away. The original files...
  7. Error message on Windows Media Player when trying to burn a music cd.

Error message on Windows Media Player when trying to burn a music cd.: I have Windows 10 and when I try to burn a music cd I get an error message that says some files couldn't be burned to disk. The songs that would not burn have a red X beside them. The cd never starts to burn....
  8. Media Player Burn error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Player Burn error: Error message - some files cannot burn, check files with icon against them. There is no files with an error icon. How can I resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-burn-error/607f5973-a240-4bde-863f-7124a8229732"
  9. Burning Music CD'S on Windows 10 media player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning Music CD'S on Windows 10 media player: Will not burn cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-music-cds-on-windows-10-media-player/1ffa7c83-a0d9-4bc3-9203-015aaebbffdd
  10. Burning a music CD with Windows Media Player.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning a music CD with Windows Media Player.: I have my burn list ready, but when I click "Start Burn," I get an error message that the files could not be burned and to remove the files that have an icon beside them. There are no icons. One of your help comments said click Blank Disk on the left side of the screen. I did...