Windows 10: Errors when updating apps

Discus and support Errors when updating apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to run updates of some apps from the Microsoft store on my desktop PC and all updates fail. The error code received 0x80073CF6 not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by grozzur, Mar 31, 2020.

1. grozzur Win User

Errors when updating apps

I have been trying to run updates of some apps from the Microsoft store on my desktop PC and all updates fail. The error code received 0x80073CF6 not sure that helps much. I tried searching but not finding any answers.

My desktop PC is running Windows 10 Home 1903. Some of the apps failing to update are itunes, mail and calendar and some games.

I realize I have not updated to 1909 and I have choosen not to at this point. Everything I am reading does not suggest my problem will go away if I move to 1909.

I have also noticed that in last week or so I periodically get this message about Windows Firewall which I haven't received previously. In trying to check the firewall settings it seems I cant change anything. I raise this as possibly related as some information I have found implies that this may be connected to my update problem but its not clear how since I cannot seem to make any changes to Windows firewall.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

grozzur, Mar 31, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 31, 2020
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Errors when updating apps :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Errors when updating apps - Similar Threads - Errors updating apps

2. 0xc0000135 error when trying to open or update apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0xc0000135 error when trying to open or update apps: Whenever I try to open TablePlus or Docker I get this error. This error also pops up when trying to update some apps using the winget tool.Error message:The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000135. Click OK to close the application.I followed the steps at...
  3. 0xc0000135 error when trying to open or update apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0xc0000135 error when trying to open or update apps: Whenever I try to open TablePlus or Docker I get this error. This error also pops up when trying to update some apps using the winget tool.Error message:The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000135. Click OK to close the application.I followed the steps at...
  4. Error Code: 0x80070005 When attempting to update 23 apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code: 0x80070005 When attempting to update 23 apps: After a required bios update for my Dell Inspiron 14 2-in-1 laptop, Microsoft Store was unable to update certain apps, resulting in the 0x80070005 error code. My current windows version is Windows 11....
  5. Error 0x80073CFE when updating or installing apps in the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x80073CFE when updating or installing apps in the Microsoft Store: I've been encountering this issue for months now. Whenever I try to install a new update or application from the Microsoft Store, it says Error and lists this code. I'm not sure how to fix this as I've tried every solution I could find. I've tried: - wsreset.exe -...
  6. Error when updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error when updating: Help PLEASE!!! This has been happening for 3 months or longer, every time I try to download the update it goes to 30% restarts then just shows me this text "Updates could not be set up" Later one I see the error code is 0x800f0922 Ive been looking for a fix for month does...
  7. Error when updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when updating: Every time I try to update this pops up Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4464218) - Error 0x80070002 Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-updating/1be691fb-8608-4b1a-b890-a271a8dc6bb6
  8. Error when updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when updating: Every time I try to update this pops up 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4464218) - Error 0x80070002 Any suggestions?...
  9. Error when updating app in Store

Error when updating app in Store: Hello, After you install the latest updates to the build 14393.969, updating store, I notice appears below. The application opens normally, I run the various checks found here, I run troubleshooting Windows app store solving problems, but without solving. than you...
  10. 0x80070003 error when updating apps

0x80070003 error when updating apps: I know this might've already been addressed around here somewhere, but has anyone else had any trouble updating any apps through the app store? I'm thinking it might have something to do with me rolling back to previous builds after trying out a new preview update, since...