Windows 10: eSata external device shows up with just one drive since Windows 10

Discus and support eSata external device shows up with just one drive since Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, same question as in this thread ...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Guido Maria Serra, Mar 15, 2019.

1. eSata external device shows up with just one drive since Windows 10

Hi, same question as in this thread ...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esata-drive-not-recognized-in-w10/44f105e8-3ee7-42fa-85ac-aca5803c59ff

My hardware/BIOS configuration used to work like a charme under Windows 7. I have a "sil3726" based eSata port multiplier.

Before installing Windows 10, I was seeing all the drives attached to it, now I see only one... what's going on? Please help.

I'm already at you latest update, troubleshoot, tried to update drivers, I even subscribed to your preview program and got the super latest builds.

p.s. the setup works like a charme on linux... but I really really wanted to have a couple of partitions be used by windows in software raid1

Any feedback? I got the feeling that I have a setup that is quite uncommon among your userbase. But I can't believe you got nobody doing this on the Server edition... shall I switch to that? Will I have the money back of my current Windows 10 Pro 64bit license?

regards,

GMS

:)

Guido Maria Serra, Mar 15, 2019
  2. DocDJ Win User

eSATA drive shows in This PC, not in Desktop

My eSATA (external Hitachi) drive shows in This PC, when I open Windows Explorer, but does not appear in the list of Desktop items. if I turn the drive off and back on again, explorer finds it again. The drive is otherwise working properly.

Is there some setting I am missing? *Confused

DocDJ, Mar 15, 2019
  3. AmyBass Win User
    eSATA device not recognized

Hi - I am having this same problem, I believe. My external hard drive (Fantom GFP2000Q3 Pro 2TB USB/eSata/Firewire) was working perfectly with Windows 7. I had it attached to my laptop using the eSata port. After I upgraded to Windows 10, however, it
    just was not recognized at all. I discovered that it works just fine when I plug it into the USB 3.0 port - Windows automatically recognizes it and it operates perfectly. When I plug it back into the eSata port though - nothing. I tried running the Troubleshooter
    (as suggested above) but Windows still did not even know it's plugged in.

I contacted Fantom, and they told me that these drives do not require any drivers to be installed with "modern" operating systems... everything it needs is already there in the OS.

So - try plugging your drive into the USB port (if your drive has one) and see if that makes it pop up. Post here if you find a solution to the problem, please.

Thanks!

- Amy

AmyBass, Mar 15, 2019
  4. eSata external device shows up with just one drive since Windows 10

How Can I Get Windows 10 to "See" my External Hard Drive in the eSata Port?

Windows 10 can "see" eSata devices. I have one connected and it is working ok although Win-10 doesn't access my USB hard drive.

I would suggest running SFC from an administrator command prompt.

sfc /scannow

This should detect and correct any problems with the Windows installation files.

Reboot and try the external drive again.

Please check back and let us know the results.

Composmentis, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

eSata external device shows up with just one drive since Windows 10

1. eSata external device shows up with just one drive since Windows 10 - Similar Threads - eSata external device

2. external hard drive not showing up on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive not showing up on windows: Hello I format a external hard drive with Mac book.I need to copy some documents from Mac book.but after that I cannot read it from my windows computer.I can see the windows already recognize it, but it is only shows as "devices and USB"cannot read it as a external...
  3. external hard drive not showing up on windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive not showing up on windows: Hello I format a external hard drive with Mac book.I need to copy some documents from Mac book.but after that I cannot read it from my windows computer.I can see the windows already recognize it, but it is only shows as "devices and USB"cannot read it as a external...
  4. External Drive not showing up.

External Drive not showing up.: My external drive is not showing up in file explorer or diskmanagement. However it shows in Device Manager/Diskdrives. When I click on the properties "This device is working properly." but on volumes tab nothing shows in disk information....
  5. External HD & eSata port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HD & eSata port: Some Windows Update kill my PC ability to see External HD plugged to eSata Port. Happened just in the last week, everything was working last time about a week ago. Pluged the SAME External HD via USB2/3 - all looks good. Another update broke Win10 functionality?!...
  6. Only one drive is showing up in Windows 10, connected using eSATA port multiplier

Only one drive is showing up in Windows 10, connected using eSATA port multiplier: Hi, same question as in this thread ... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esata-drive-not-recognized-in-w10/44f105e8-3ee7-42fa-85ac-aca5803c59ff My hardware/BIOS configuration used to work like a charme under Windows 7. I have a "sil3726" based eSata...
  7. External hard drive not showing up windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    External hard drive not showing up windows 10: External storage devices changed a lot since the birth of the PC. From floppy disks and CDs to flash memories and hard drives, people were always looking for the fastest, the lightest and the most durable memory devices. Hard drives are currently the best solution for large...
  8. Security settings for external esata / usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Security settings for external esata / usb drive: Hello, Recently upgraded to a Windows 10 PC, I also have another nearly identical Windows 10 PC plus three other PC running earlier versions of Windows. I have a 1TB external SATA drive (accessing from an eSata and USB connection) that I need to access from all my PC's...
  9. Since when is an eSATA drive considered a 'removable' drive for backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Since when is an eSATA drive considered a 'removable' drive for backup: I've been using an eSATA drive since Win 7 and had no problem with Windows backup. Now, since Sunday morning, backup considers that drive 'removable' media and won't back up to it. Any ideas out there? (Since I couldn't do a Windows backup, I configured Macrim to do it,...
  10. eSATA drive shows in This PC, not in Desktop

eSATA drive shows in This PC, not in Desktop: My eSATA (external Hitachi) drive shows in This PC, when I open Windows Explorer, but does not appear in the list of Desktop items. if I turn the drive off and back on again, explorer finds it again. The drive is otherwise working properly. Is there some setting I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. esata shows up in computer management

2. estata port mutilpier shows up as single disk

3. w10 crashes when accessing esata drive