Windows 10: Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big )

Discus and support Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big ) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a LaCie 2 Big external hard drive ( x2 500MB drives set to JBOD @1TB ) for my 3rd tier back up for O/S image and major artwork... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by farrellart, May 4, 2021.

1. Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big )

Hello everyone, I have a LaCie 2 Big external hard drive ( x2 500MB drives set to JBOD @1TB ) for my 3rd tier back up for O/S image and major artwork projects/VRGalleries(unreal)/commissions. I have moved the LaCie device from my Art studio to the home set-up, in my art studio the LaCie device was connected via USB and the two drives were detected, when I connect the device to my home set-up Win 10 pro (19042.867) via ESata only one of the two drives are visible ( always the right-hand drive ), the weird thing happens when I connect via usb when all the external drives show up. Is this a limitation of Esata and/or a limitation of the Asus p9x79 pro M/B which is aging but still fully functional for Photoshop/Unity/Unreal?

:)

farrellart, May 4, 2021

2. Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big )

Hello everyone,

I have a LaCie 2 Big external hard drive ( x2 500MB drives set to JBOD @1TB ) for my 3rd tier back up for O/S image and major artwork projects/VRGalleries(unreal)/commissions.

I have moved the LaCie device from my Art studio to the home set-up, in my art studio the LaCie device was connected via USB and the two drives were detected, when I connect the device to my home set-up Win 10 pro (19042.867) via ESata only one of the two drives are visible ( always the right-hand drive ), the weird thing happens when I connect via usb when all the external drives show up.

Is this a limitation of Esata and/or a limitation of the Asus p9x79 pro M/B which is aging but still fully functional for Photoshop/Unity/Unreal?

farrellart, May 5, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    LaCie Announces Rugged eSATA Drive, Mobile Storage for Fast Data Transfer

LaCie today announced the Rugged eSATA, the first mobile external hard drive on the market that features a Power eSATA interface. The Rugged eSATA offers major storage capacity and a cost advantage over eSATA SSD solutions, and is one of the only portable, bus-powered eSATA solutions on the market.

Bus-powered when connected to a USB-eSATA combo port, the LaCie Rugged eSATA combines superior transfer speeds of up to 90MB/s in a truly mobile form. The USB-eSATA combo interface, also known as Power eSATA, features a slightly different connector than eSATA and is frequently found on late-model laptops. The drive is also compatible with standard eSATA ports when the included USB power-sharing cable is connected.

Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big ) 58a_thm.jpg

“We are thrilled to integrate power eSATA technology into our best-selling Rugged mobile hard drive,” said Anne-Sophie Marchand, Consumer Product Manager. “This solution brings dazzling transfer speeds to customers on the go, while still ensuring compatibility with standard eSATA and USB 2.0 connectors.”

Housed in the award-winning Rugged casing designed by Neil Poulton, the LaCie Rugged eSATA features a unique scratch-resistant aluminum shell, internal anti-shock absorbers, and a shock-resistant rubber bumper to better protect files against everyday blunders.
    • Power eSATA interface allows you to work faster
    • Rugged casing is ideal for protecting valuable data on the go
    • Up to 90MB/s through Power eSATA
    • Compatible with standard eSATA ports
    Availability
    The LaCie Rugged eSATA will be available in 500GB capacity through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie Reseller+ and LaCie Storage Partner starting at the suggested retail price of $159.99 (VAT included).

btarunr, May 5, 2021
  4. JodaJoda Win User

Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big )

LaCie 4Big Quadra external RAID connected to eSATA - not detected by Windows 10

My LaCie 4Big Quadra 8TB RAID has been working flawlessly under Win 7 through eSATA, but my new Win 10 setup doesn't detect it. The LaCie box works completely normal using USB or Firewire 400 from the Win 10 machine. Also, my other external RAID (a 12TB
    Icy Box) works without problems on the same machine using eSATA.

I've tried the "standard" checks, e.g. the "Scan for hardware changes" in Device Manager without any luck. The LaCie box shows up in Device Manager though, but trying to scan for a driver update (on Internet) doesn't bring any result.

Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big ) 10660d04-9beb-4b50-8138-8f4de6595b7e.jpg

Any good ideas folks?

Kind regards,

JodaJoda, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big )

1. Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big ) - Similar Threads - Esata detecting drives

2. LaCie not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LaCie not recognised: Hello,I am having trouble with my LaCie hard drive not being recognised by Windows. When I go into devices and printers it shows that it’s there and that it’s healthy hard drive but still nothing. I have tried multiple usb-c and usb cables and different devices and it’s the...
  3. LaCie not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LaCie not recognised: Hello,I am having trouble with my LaCie hard drive not being recognised by Windows. When I go into devices and printers it shows that it’s there and that it’s healthy hard drive but still nothing. I have tried multiple usb-c and usb cables and different devices and it’s the...
  4. My computer running Windows10 can't detect my LaCie external hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer running Windows10 can't detect my LaCie external hard drive: I know this is a common issue with this hard drive, as other people have reported this online, but I can't seem to find a solution for it. When I check device manager, it shows up their, but it doesn't show up in files. Does anyone know how to solve this? I know it's a hard...
  5. eSata to USB?

eSata to USB?: My laptop has an eSata socket but all of my external drive docks are USB 3. Are there any adapters available that would let me connect the two? 141577
  6. lacie external hard drive

lacie external hard drive: since I installed windows 10 I cant use my LaCie external hardrive, to access pictures, from way back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lacie-external-hard-drive/c674c2dc-0746-4491-9095-b4875030781a
  7. Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive

Detecting but Wont Open LaCie External Hard Drive: I have a LaCie external hard drive (this one here) that was given to me by a friend, and for one reason or another W10 wont show the external drive as an option under Devices and Drives when selecting "This PC" or My Computer. I can see my SSD with the OS and the internal 2nd...
  8. How to best remove eSATA drive?

How to best remove eSATA drive?: I guess I am used to removing a drive when done on USB...and I used to do this with eSATA. However, while I can still do this on USB is there any way to remove my eSATA drive when I am done? Some have said you do not need to in Win 10 and we can just shut it down and others...
  9. eSATA drive shows in This PC, not in Desktop

eSATA drive shows in This PC, not in Desktop: My eSATA (external Hitachi) drive shows in This PC, when I open Windows Explorer, but does not appear in the list of Desktop items. if I turn the drive off and back on again, explorer finds it again. The drive is otherwise working properly. Is there some setting I am...
  10. Cannot see my Lacie Firewire drive

Cannot see my Lacie Firewire drive: I have a fire wire Lacie external fitted, working well with prior versions. Now can't see the drive in Win10 - whether file explorer of for saving files Is a Firewire connection a problem? 15320