Windows 10: eSATA seems incompatible with Windows 10

Discus and support eSATA seems incompatible with Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is purely out of curiosity, so there's no rush. Is Windows 10 incompatible with eSATA? I have a couple of eSATA docks that used to work perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cpmusic, Nov 20, 2019.

1. cpmusic Win User

eSATA seems incompatible with Windows 10

This is purely out of curiosity, so there's no rush.

Is Windows 10 incompatible with eSATA? I have a couple of eSATA docks that used to work perfectly with Windows 7, but with 10 either they're recognized and dropped after a few minutes, or they're not recognized at all. I remember reading that this appeared to be a bug when 10 was introduced, but my PC is updated to Version 1903, Build 18362, and the problem prevails.

I finally threw in the towel and bought a nice USB 3.0 dock, but this is one of those things that sits at the back of my mind, nagging me from time to time. As I noted at the top, there's no rush on this; I'm just curious whether MS has chosen to leave eSATA by the roadside.

Thanks in advance!

:)

cpmusic, Nov 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 20, 2019
  4. eSATA seems incompatible with Windows 10

after 10586, eSATA not recognized

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

• Are you searching for the drivers in hardware manufacturer's website?

eSATA-2 RAID device drivers will be available in the manufacturer website. I suggest you to download and install the latest drivers and check if it resolves the issue.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

eSATA seems incompatible with Windows 10

1. eSATA seems incompatible with Windows 10 - Similar Threads - eSATA seems incompatible

2. Audio drivers seem to be incompatible with Google Meet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio drivers seem to be incompatible with Google Meet: My Windows 10 recently auto-updated audio drivers Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 6.0.9319.1 2 and IntelR Corporation - MEDIA - 10.29.0.7767 2. Audio output on headphones and speakers are fine, but running Google Meet along with everything makes human voices that can be...
  3. Audio drivers seem to be incompatible with Google Meet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio drivers seem to be incompatible with Google Meet: My Windows 10 recently auto-updated audio drivers Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 6.0.9319.1 2 and IntelR Corporation - MEDIA - 10.29.0.7767 2. Audio output on headphones and speakers are fine, but running Google Meet along with everything makes human voices that can be...
  4. Audio drivers seem to be incompatible with Google Meet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. External HD & eSata port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HD & eSata port: Some Windows Update kill my PC ability to see External HD plugged to eSata Port. Happened just in the last week, everything was working last time about a week ago. Pluged the SAME External HD via USB2/3 - all looks good. Another update broke Win10 functionality?!...
  6. eSata to USB?

eSata to USB?: My laptop has an eSata socket but all of my external drive docks are USB 3. Are there any adapters available that would let me connect the two? 141577
  7. Windows 10 1903 not recognizing eSATA drives as removable

Windows 10 1903 not recognizing eSATA drives as removable: I've used eSATA drives with Windows 10 for years on two computers. After upgrading to 1903 the drives initialize fine but do not appear in the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" icon in the taskbar. In Disk Management clicking on the drive, selecting Properties,...
  8. Incompatible with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incompatible with Windows 10: I'm trying to open an app (PicturePackage) but it is not compatible w/Windows 10. It is compatible with Windows XP & 2000. What can I do to recover the photos on this CD?...
  9. QTTabBar v1038 seems incompatible - v1029 ok

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    QTTabBar v1038 seems incompatible - v1029 ok: Hi, tried to install the latest QTTabBar, having used v1029, but found there was no 'QTTabBar' toolbar shown under Options in Explorer. That's needed to display the tabs initially. Two other QTTabBar toolbars were listed. Eventually I found in Internet Explorer, Internet...
  10. Can Windows 10 be installed on eSATA spinner HD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can Windows 10 be installed on eSATA spinner HD?: I'm in the process of downloading Win 10 latest ISO. Can it be installed on an eSATA spinner HD as standalone, or must it be installed over existing OS such as Vista, 7 or 8? 4380