Windows 10: eSata to USB?

Discus and support eSata to USB? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop has an eSata socket but all of my external drive docks are USB 3. Are there any adapters available that would let me connect the two? 141577 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hairy Scot, Sep 30, 2019.

1. eSata to USB?

My laptop has an eSata socket but all of my external drive docks are USB 3.
    Are there any adapters available that would let me connect the two?

:)

Hairy Scot, Sep 30, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Silicon Power Releases eSATA/USB SSD Featuring 8x the Write Speed of the Normal USB

This is not a normal USB flash drive. Silicon Power has released the availability of its pioneering product: eSATA/USB SSD (eSATA; External Serial ATA), a high-capacity handy SSD in worldwide markets. The eSATA/USB SSD features eSATA and Mini USB dual interface, hot plug and play and four-channel high performance technology. The eSATA connection has a read speed of 92 MB/s and a write speed of 48MB/s, which is 8 times the write speed of the normal USB. The eSATA/USB SSD is available in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB capacities that are ideal for those wanting high-speed data transfer, high-capacity and portability.

The eSATA connector provides external data transfer at speeds up to 3Gbps, which is higher than USB 2.0 interface with 480 Mbps. It is very convenient for large volume of data transfer at a short time. The bottom of the eSATA/USB SSD is a Mini USB connector offering a read speed of 33MB/s and a write speed of 25MB/s.

eSata to USB? 107b_thm.jpg

With the advent of eSATA technology, most of the desktops, servers and laptops manufacturers start to employ eSATA port as a standard interface. Nearly 60% of new laptops uses eSATA interface. There are two kinds of eSATA port (with power provided/ without power provided). Users need to confirm which kind of port is on your device. If your eSATA connector is with power, you can plug it directly without connecting any cable. If not, users connect Mini USB cable to eSATA/USB SSD first, and then connect USB to the device. Each Silicon Power eSATA/USB SSD package comes with a TTPE to Mini USB Cable and a user manual with detailed instruction. The eSATA/USB SSD is backed by a two-year warranty.

Features:
    • eSATA and Mini USB dual interface
    • Support Windows Vista ReadyBoost function
    • Support eSATA-2 3Gbps high speed
    • Four channel high performance tech
    • LED indicates the usage status (Power/Access LED)
    • True plug and play, no external power required
    • Compliant with RoHS requirement
    Specifications:
    • Capacities: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB
    • Color: Black
    • Dimensions: 79.2 x 29.8 x 10.95 mm (L/W/M)
    • Weight: 16g
    • Connection: eSATA, Mini USB type B
    • Support OS: Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Vista, and Linux
    • Support eSATA/USB Hot Plug and Play
    • Operating Temperature: 0℃~70℃
    • Storage Temperature: -20℃~85℃
    • Vibration: 20 G peak-to-peak max
    • Shock: 1500G Max
    • 2 year warranty

eSata to USB? 107a.jpg

Source: Silicon Power

btarunr, Sep 30, 2019
  3. AmyBass Win User
    eSATA device not recognized

Hi - I am having this same problem, I believe. My external hard drive (Fantom GFP2000Q3 Pro 2TB USB/eSata/Firewire) was working perfectly with Windows 7. I had it attached to my laptop using the eSata port. After I upgraded to Windows 10, however, it
    just was not recognized at all. I discovered that it works just fine when I plug it into the USB 3.0 port - Windows automatically recognizes it and it operates perfectly. When I plug it back into the eSata port though - nothing. I tried running the Troubleshooter
    (as suggested above) but Windows still did not even know it's plugged in.

I contacted Fantom, and they told me that these drives do not require any drivers to be installed with "modern" operating systems... everything it needs is already there in the OS.

So - try plugging your drive into the USB port (if your drive has one) and see if that makes it pop up. Post here if you find a solution to the problem, please.

Thanks!

- Amy

AmyBass, Sep 30, 2019
  4. eSata to USB?

eSATA to USB 3 adapter?

Sort of a hardware question:
    I I have an old PC with an front panel eSATA port (not power eSATA or eSATA + USB) and a couple USB 2 ports but no USB 3 ports. I have no need for eSATA but have a number of USB 3.0 devices. I've been looking for an eSTAT-m to USB 3.0-f adapter or cable but have not been able to find any. I've seen many USB-m to eSATA-f and several eSATAp-m to USB-f.

<many more web searches occurred here>

I now understand that the eSATA interface does not provide power so the adapter I'm looking for would have to be a powered Adapter. Knowing that doesn't seem to help. Does anybody know of such a beast?

pokeefe0001, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

eSata to USB?

1. eSata to USB? - Similar Threads - eSata USB

2. New Server 2022 fails to backup to external USB or eSATA drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Server 2022 fails to backup to external USB or eSATA drives: Windows Server Backup will successfully backup to local SATA drives and NAS file shares, but I can't get it to save to a Backup Schedule using external SATA drives in a USB or eSATA dock. I have tried 4TB Seagate drives and 2TB WD drives and it will always backup the EFI boot...
  3. New Server 2022 fails to backup to external USB or eSATA drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Server 2022 fails to backup to external USB or eSATA drives: Windows Server Backup will successfully backup to local SATA drives and NAS file shares, but I can't get it to save to a Backup Schedule using external SATA drives in a USB or eSATA dock. I have tried 4TB Seagate drives and 2TB WD drives and it will always backup the EFI boot...
  4. Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big )

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Esata not detecting all drives ( LaCie 2 Big ): Hello everyone, I have a LaCie 2 Big external hard drive ( x2 500MB drives set to JBOD @1TB ) for my 3rd tier back up for O/S image and major artwork projects/VRGalleries(unreal)/commissions. I have moved the LaCie device from my Art studio to the home set-up, in my art...
  5. 4 bay external enclosure (non raid) connected to esata/sata

4 bay external enclosure (non raid) connected to esata/sata: 4 bay external enclosure (non raid) - connected via esata cable to sata port on mobo. win 10 19042.631 64bit asus Z87-a mobo drivers up to date Mediasonic ProBox HF2-SU3S2 AHCI in bios Enclosure works fine on usb3.0 trying to free up a usb port and some speed by using esata....
  6. esata internal hd won't start

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    esata internal hd won't start: I am using internal hdd attached by esata port, and it was working in the morning. All of a sudden the connection does not power up the drive and of course does not find it. I tried connecting several different drives and the same thing. I know the power and the sata...
  7. External HD & eSata port

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HD & eSata port: Some Windows Update kill my PC ability to see External HD plugged to eSata Port. Happened just in the last week, everything was working last time about a week ago. Pluged the SAME External HD via USB2/3 - all looks good. Another update broke Win10 functionality?!...
  8. Security settings for external esata / usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Security settings for external esata / usb drive: Hello, Recently upgraded to a Windows 10 PC, I also have another nearly identical Windows 10 PC plus three other PC running earlier versions of Windows. I have a 1TB external SATA drive (accessing from an eSata and USB connection) that I need to access from all my PC's...
  9. eSATA to USB 3 adapter?

eSATA to USB 3 adapter?: Sort of a hardware question: I I have an old PC with an front panel eSATA port (not power eSATA or eSATA + USB) and a couple USB 2 ports but no USB 3 ports. I have no need for eSATA but have a number of USB 3.0 devices. I've been looking for an eSTAT-m to USB 3.0-f adapter or...
  10. External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable: I have a 1TB external hard drive (Medion HDDrive 2 GO) from 2010 that came with a Medion PC from Aldi which my family still use. It is equiped with an eSata connection and a USB2 connection. Both these work fine on the old Medion PC running Windows 10 Home 32bit. The eSata...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. format esata to usb

2. esata to usb format

3. accessing esata drive usb

4. retrieving files sata to usb windows 10