Windows 10: Esc button suddenly launches Calculator

Discus and support Esc button suddenly launches Calculator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Esc key suddenly launches the Calculator app whenever I press it or even when in conjunction with other keys (eg. Ctrl+Esc). Updated to v1909 last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by funkyhelpermonk, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Esc button suddenly launches Calculator

My Esc key suddenly launches the Calculator app whenever I press it or even when in conjunction with other keys (eg. Ctrl+Esc). Updated to v1909 last Nov 14. (KB4524570)

:)

funkyhelpermonk, Nov 16, 2019

2. Window's 10 Calculator won't launch

Hi Dan,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Calculator app on Windows 10. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to the application itself.

You may consider resetting the Calculator app. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & feature.
    • Click the Calculator app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Mireles-L Win User
    calculator button

The calculator button on my keyboard no longer opens the calculator. It launches the "add an account" email feature.

Mireles-L, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Esc button suddenly launches Calculator

calculator again

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query.

Here are some steps that may help:

I request you to remove Calculator by following the below steps:

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
    2. Click File > Run New Task
    3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    4. Type CMD
    5. Type the following 2 commands at the CMD prompt:
      1. powershell
      2. get-appxpackage *Microsoft.WindowsCalculator* | remove-appxpackage
    6. Close the CMD window.

Now you can install the Calculator from Windows store or from the below link:

Get Windows Calculator - Microsoft Store

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Kevin Larry, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

Esc button suddenly launches Calculator

1. Esc button suddenly launches Calculator - Similar Threads - Esc button suddenly

2. How do I fix my spacebar button and esc button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix my spacebar button and esc button: So my cat walked on my computer while I walked away and now my ESC button doesn't work. It's a laptop and a extra keyboard. My spacebar acts as ESC now and I do not know how to fix it!...
  3. How do I fix my spacebar button and esc button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix my spacebar button and esc button: So my cat walked on my computer while I walked away and now my ESC button doesn't work. It's a laptop and a extra keyboard. My spacebar acts as ESC now and I do not know how to fix it!...
  4. ESC button activation

in Windows 10 Customization
    ESC button activation: Hello,some time ago the computer started acting like I pressed ESC every few seconds. I have verified that the keyboard is ok. I tried a clean start and even restoring factory data, and the problem persists.I'll be grateful for any advice where there might be a problem....
  5. CTRL+SHIFT+ESC not launching task manager!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTRL+SHIFT+ESC not launching task manager!: As stated, I couldn't launch task manager using the shortcut. It launches and closes almost instantly! Along with this, some more issues have popped up which didn't exist before Fn+Up arrow key can be used to increase brightness, but it stopped working. But Fn+Down arrow...
  6. keyboard esc button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard esc button not working: MY KEYBOARD ESC , F3 AND F5 BUTTON NOT WORKING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-esc-button-not-working/4241ab8c-ba65-4746-8258-bfcfc0396821
  7. calculator suddenly changes

calculator suddenly changes: I was working with the Windows Calculator, scientific mode. I closed the calc, then when reopened, the scientifc mode changed. Before I had the roots function on the same "page". Now there's a new button "2nd" that I have to click to see the roots function. [img] Same...
  8. calculator suddenly changes

in Windows 10 Support
    calculator suddenly changes: I was working with the Windows Calculator, scientific mode. I closed the calc, then when reopened, the scientifc mode changed. Before I had the roots function on the same "page". Now there's a new button "2nd" that I have to click to see the roots function. [img] Same...
  9. Calculator App Launches On Its Own

Calculator App Launches On Its Own: Hello, everyone. I've been having an odd issue with my Calculator App for the last month or so: it launches on its own at random points in time, and I've been unable to find out why, or to make it stop. I'm on Windows 10 Home, Version 1903. So far, it seems to be connected...
  10. Calculator launches with blank blue display?

Calculator launches with blank blue display?: I've been running Win10 for almost a year. In the last week or so, my Calculator app has started a weird behavior. Usually when I launch it (from the Run dialog), it displays the app window -- but it's all blue with a white calculator icon in the center. Basically it's what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. calculator display not esc not exit