Windows 10: esc key is weird and some of functionf4, f5 not working

Discus and support esc key is weird and some of functionf4, f5 not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I press esc key while using microsoft edge it open some msn international edition tab while using other applications in pc pressing esc key open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Shaheer_7424, Sep 4, 2021.

1. esc key is weird and some of functionf4, f5 not working

When I press esc key while using microsoft edge it open some msn international edition tab while using other applications in pc pressing esc key open a microsoft edge tab. Also f4 and f5 keys aren't working. I am using external keyboard for my laptop and can't blame it because it's brand new and pretty good. Anyone who can help to solve problem.Is there any thing weird with my laptop keyboard??

:)

Shaheer_7424, Sep 4, 2021
  2. AlexHuebi Win User

F5 key suddenly not working

Also thought of that, but that also woudn't explain why the F5-key works as a keycombo.. (eg. strg-f5)

trying right now to reinstall the software.

AlexHuebi, Sep 4, 2021
  3. AlexHuebi Win User
    F5 key suddenly not working

So.. I got a curios problem.

My F5 key doesn't work any more. Or does it?

I have a Logitech G910 Keyboard.

When hitting the key alone. Nothing happens. Neither LGS (Logitech Gaming Software - aka the driver software) nor Windows or any other program seem to notice.

But when using a key combination, the keystroke is noticed. For example in Firefox: Ctrl + F5 is working.

I tried the F5 on this keyboard on different devices and on all the others it seems to work just fine.

Does anyone know what can cause such problem?

I am currently on Windows 10 1809.

AlexHuebi, Sep 4, 2021
  4. esc key is weird and some of functionf4, f5 not working

keyboard esc button not working

MY KEYBOARD ESC , F3 AND F5 BUTTON NOT WORKING

farhanmustafa1, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

esc key is weird and some of functionf4, f5 not working

1. esc key is weird and some of functionf4, f5 not working - Similar Threads - esc key weird

2. Esc and Function keys not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Esc and Function keys not working.: My function keys and my escape key are not working and I have tried many different things to try and fix it. When I hit the esc and function keys they light up red but the rest of my keys do not. So I was wondering how I would go about fixing that so that the keys would work....
  3. Esc and Function keys not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Esc and Function keys not working.: My function keys and my escape key are not working and I have tried many different things to try and fix it. When I hit the esc and function keys they light up red but the rest of my keys do not. So I was wondering how I would go about fixing that so that the keys would work....
  4. Esc and Function keys not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird some keys not working in chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird some keys not working in chrome: I have been experiencing the weirdest problem. When using Google Chrome and typing in dialog boxes or web forms, some keys either do not work at all or cause a reaction as if they were some kind of shortcut. As we speak ! I am typing this using an Edge browser without issue....
  6. Weird some keys not working in chrome

Weird some keys not working in chrome: I have been experiencing the weirdest problem. When using Google Chrome and typing in dialog boxes or web forms, some keys either do not work at all or cause a reaction as if they were some kind of shortcut. As we speak ! I am typing this using an Edge browser without issue....
  7. esc key

esc key: I have no idea what I did, but now I when I hit my esc key I get the HP System Information window. In order for me to get the normal esc key function, I have to hit Shift + esc. Can someone help me undo this?...
  8. Multiple key works as the ESC key

Multiple key works as the ESC key: My laptop's inbuilt keyboard's multiple key works as ESC key. And it happens automatically. Normally the keys are fine they do their job but after a certain period of time some key will automatically trigger as the ESC key specially CTRL, S, B, N, M. Before pressing space-bar...
  9. ESC and ~ keys dont work

ESC and ~ keys dont work: my ESC, FN and ~ keys stopped working when i was using my laptop like usually. i clearly remember using ESC less than 5 minutes ago before i noticed it stopped working. is it possible that i accidentally pressed some key combination that disables these keys? i have...
  10. F5 key suddenly not working

F5 key suddenly not working: So.. I got a curios problem. My F5 key doesn't work any more. Or does it? I have a Logitech G910 Keyboard. When hitting the key alone. Nothing happens. Neither LGS (Logitech Gaming Software - aka the driver software) nor Windows or any other program seem to notice. But...