Windows 10: Escape from Safe mode boot loop using an installation disk

Discus and support Escape from Safe mode boot loop using an installation disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-stuck-in-safe-mode-and-does-not/d3a2292a-07bf-48e6-ba39-3e30fd7722e9?pa... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeHastick, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Escape from Safe mode boot loop using an installation disk

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-stuck-in-safe-mode-and-does-not/d3a2292a-07bf-48e6-ba39-3e30fd7722e9?page=1

I was following the instructions above which were working up until I reached the command prompt screen (image #9).

My screen had just x:\sources> without notepad so I entered bcdedit.

It returned back with

The boot configuration data store could not be opened.

The requested system device cannot be found.

I also tried putting notepad in and just an untitled notepad came up.

I also tried notepad/bcdedit and an untitled notepad came up with a message box stating

cannot find the /bcdedit.txt file do you want to create a new file?

Not sure what to do and not sure how to back out of this screen?

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you,

George

:)

GeorgeHastick, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Tryx3 Win User
    Tryx3, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Try3 Win User
    Try3, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Escape from Safe mode boot loop using an installation disk

Tryx3, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Escape from Safe mode boot loop using an installation disk

1. Escape from Safe mode boot loop using an installation disk - Similar Threads - Escape Safe mode

2. How to Escape from Safe mode to Normal Mode without being error by BSOD NO WIFI SITUATION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Escape from Safe mode to Normal Mode without being error by BSOD NO WIFI SITUATION: So, While my Computer to Safe Mode Which means No Internet Access to My Computer. And I Have My Father's Former/Old Laptop to Help my Broken Computer for Accessing to Internet by My Old Laptops. So, What's the Solution? Help Me REMEMBER: Dave was Not allowed to help and...
  3. How to Escape from Safe mode to Normal Mode without being error by BSOD NO WIFI SITUATION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to Escape from Safe mode to Normal Mode without being error by BSOD NO WIFI SITUATION: So, While my Computer to Safe Mode Which means No Internet Access to My Computer. And I Have My Father's Former/Old Laptop to Help my Broken Computer for Accessing to Internet by My Old Laptops. So, What's the Solution? Help Me REMEMBER: Dave was Not allowed to help and...
  4. Windows boot loop and can't go into safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boot loop and can't go into safe mode: Hello. When I turn on my pc, it will go to the ASUS logo, black screen, ASUS logo again, and then shut itself down and then turns itself back on repeating the same steps. I tried a few methods on youtube like adjusting the RAM stick, replacing the battery, and cleaning the...
  5. Windows Safe Mode stuck; Booting hangs or goes in loop

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Safe Mode stuck; Booting hangs or goes in loop: [ATTACH]When you try to boot your Windows OS in Safe Mode, but find that the Windows Safe Modeis stuck at Please wait or Loading files […] This article Windows Safe Mode stuck; Booting hangs or goes in loop first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  7. Can't escape from Safe mode - password issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't escape from Safe mode - password issues: I've been having a lot of troubles with my AMD driver recently, i tried to use an AMD cleanup tool to uninstall all AMD software but to do so it needed to use safe mode. I didn't think twice about it, however once the system re-booted i'm being asked to sign into my account...
  8. Computer boots from stale backup after using safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer boots from stale backup after using safe mode: Hi, I was scammed for a brand new Dell Laptop with an extremely slow HDD in it. Then I went ahead and bought a NVMe SSD and added it to the system, migrating the HDD content to it. I used the clonix wizard at the time, since then and I have been able to boot from the NVMe...
  9. How to - Escape from an MSConfig-induced Safe mode boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to - Escape from an MSConfig-induced Safe mode boot loop: This thread is based on a 2017 article I wrote in the MSAnswers forum, hence the rather dated screenshots. Getting into Safe mode by changing entries in MSConfig can sometimes get you stuck in Safe mode at every boot. - This thread only addresses the case of getting stuck...
  10. Pc is in a loop after trying to boot up safe mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc is in a loop after trying to boot up safe mode: After trying to boot safe mode my pc doesn't show anything on my monitor and after I turned it off it turns back on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-is-in-a-loop-after-trying-to-boot-up-safe-mode/77fcf338-ec65-46a8-a596-80c0ca0e8007