Windows 10: Escape from white "settings setup" screen after feature update

Discus and support Escape from white "settings setup" screen after feature update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If you are stuck with the screen and unable to access your desktop, turn on Narrator (highlight the name to do this, when the option is offered) then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Simba., May 4, 2019.

1. Simba. Win User

Escape from white "settings setup" screen after feature update

If you are stuck with the screen and unable to access your desktop, turn on Narrator (highlight the name to do this, when the option is offered) then follow the voice prompts. Choose Yes to every option offered and you will get the greyed out Accept buttons activated, and finally get out.

Then use Start>Settings to alter the settings back to what you actually want, including turning off Narrator if that is your choice. Other "escape routes" have been aired on the forum but I found this the easiest way. In my case the update was to Build 1803, which ironically I had deferred for the maximum 365 days hoping this crazily unhelpful setup system would be binned.

:)

Simba., May 4, 2019

2. Trouble with Farmville Country Escape app

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you with playing the game Farmville 2 Country Escape as it crashes, we will help you with this issue.

This behavior can be caused due to conflict between build-in and purchased app or any other third party software. Hence, I would suggest you to try the methods below and check.

Method 1: As an initial step, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and see if the issue can be resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search next to start on the desktop and select
          Troubleshooting.
        • Click on View All on left side and select Windows Store Apps.
        • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator
        • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2: If the issue still persists, try to uninstall the game and re-install it from the
    Windows Store and check.

Uninstall the game:

• Type Programs in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Programs and Features.
    • Right click on Farmville 2 Country Escape and click on
      Uninstall
    • Later try to install it from the Windows Store.

Also refer to: For Help with Gaming Issues

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 4, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 4, 2019
  4. Roan T Win User

Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, May 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Escape from white "settings setup" screen after feature update - Similar Threads - Escape white settings

2. White screen of death after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen of death after latest updates: I'm having white screen of death issue with ASUS TUG gaming laptop, windows 11, here's how it looks like after login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-11-leads-me-to-white-setup-screen/888d0e65-37d1-4445-b111-5e70cf795702, after recent...
  3. White screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen after update: Yesterday i updated my laptop and now whenever i turn on my laptop i get this screen, i already tried deleting the lateta updates in safe mode and even re installed windows but still no succeswith ctrl tab i can see that the window is a microsoft account window....
  4. White screen after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White screen after update: Yesterday i updated my laptop and now whenever i turn on my laptop i get this screen, i already tried deleting the lateta updates in safe mode and even re installed windows but still no succeswith ctrl tab i can see that the window is a microsoft account window....
  5. White Screen After Updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White Screen After Updating Windows 10: Hi everybody, I just got a brand new Dell Inspiron laptop. The current version of Windows 10 in my laptop is 1803. Since 4 days, I've been trying to update it but it doesn't seem to work out. After updating using following methods, I get a wavy white screen of death, and then...
  6. White screen after windows updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White screen after windows updates: It seems KB5000908 has bricked my computer. It installed last night, since then when my computer is started it loads to back/white screens (one black, one white). The cursor appears and can move over both screens. Ctrl alt delete brings up the account switch menu, but task...
  7. White screen after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    White screen after update: [ATTACH] Hello! Yesterday, I was using my computer normally and when I shut it down, windows started installing some updates, as it does often. Today, I booted my PC and tried to log-in. For some reason, my computer took ages to log-in, getting stuck on the "Welcome"...
  8. White screen after update

in Windows 10 Customization
    White screen after update: Hello! Yesterday, I was using my computer normally and when I shut it down, windows started installing some updates, as it does often. Today, I booted my PC and tried to log-in. For some reason, my computer took ages to log-in, getting stuck on the "Welcome" screen for a...
  9. White Screen after Update to 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    White Screen after Update to 2004: Hi tenforums people! I would not put a high priority on this ticket. I am an experienced PC technician, and am just posting this for the general benefit of the community. I have a run-of-the-mill, consumer-grade Dell laptop Inspiron 15-3565, Win 10 Home x64 AMD Radeon R4...
  10. white screen setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    white screen setup: So i just bought a new laptop and was going though the installation (a nightmare since it makes you do things you dont want to do such as making a microsoft account and making a pin for the laptop) but after the page "Link your android to this PC" i press next and get nothing...