Windows 10: ESD crashing pc

Discus and support ESD crashing pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've built a new pc recently and if a static shock anything on the same breaker as my pc it crashes no matter if I am in Windows or the BIOS. Here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cmzurcher, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Cmzurcher Win User

ESD crashing pc

Hi, I've built a new pc recently and if a static shock anything on the same breaker as my pc it crashes no matter if I am in Windows or the BIOS. Here is a windows reliability report, I need help interpreting it. I understand the gpu is the cause but i have the same problem with the new card after RMA. ESD crashing pc 60466def-1cf2-4eb8-8e06-05cfbb15b089?upload=true.png

:)

Cmzurcher, Mar 8, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 8, 2019
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Missing ESD

Hi,

To assist you better, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Have you tried any changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to check the files in your Recycle bin?
    • May we know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know what ESD file are you trying to create? Is it for Windows 10 update?

Regards.

Marby Rey, Mar 8, 2019
  4. ESD crashing pc

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

ESD crashing pc

1. ESD crashing pc - Similar Threads - ESD crashing

2. Can I delete the esd folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete the esd folder: so there is an near 5 gb folder called the Esd its directory is C:\ESD\Windows and it just basically looks like an windows installation folder and i could really use that 5 gb so can i delete it? and im not using windows insider etc etc...
  3. Can I delete the esd folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete the esd folder: so there is an near 5 gb folder called the Esd its directory is C:\ESD\Windows and it just basically looks like an windows installation folder and i could really use that 5 gb so can i delete it? and im not using windows insider etc etc...
  4. Can I delete the esd folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. DISM error 0x800f081f couldn't restore health with both the .esd and .wim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM error 0x800f081f couldn't restore health with both the .esd and .wim: Can't restore health no matter what I try says "couldn't find initial files".DISM log https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-error-0x800f081f-couldnt-restore-health-with/90cfacfc-f588-4835-9b27-846c14901629
  6. DISM error 0x800f081f couldn't restore health with both the .esd and .wim

DISM error 0x800f081f couldn't restore health with both the .esd and .wim: Can't restore health no matter what I try says "couldn't find initial files".DISM log https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-error-0x800f081f-couldnt-restore-health-with/90cfacfc-f588-4835-9b27-846c14901629
  7. DISM error 0x800f081f couldn't restore health with both the .esd and .wim

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Is this esd usb normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this esd usb normal: Hey recently I tried installing a new Windows from a bootable drive but after flashing the iso through the media installer it showed this logo instead of the normal one does this affect my Windows installation on another PC or is it okI did go through the installation by...
  9. Is this esd usb normal

Is this esd usb normal: Hey recently I tried installing a new Windows from a bootable drive but after flashing the iso through the media installer it showed this logo instead of the normal one does this affect my Windows installation on another PC or is it okI did go through the installation by...
  10. DISM, Export WIM>ESD (recovery) > Crashes (0x80070008)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM, Export WIM>ESD (recovery) > Crashes (0x80070008): Well, got interesting error with latest Windows 10 ADK, crashes while exporting image from WIM to ESD using /compress:recovery switch, same happens also with wimlib and solution seems the same (Figured perhaps this helps someone who might have same error). HW information:...