Windows 10: ESD File

Discus and support ESD File in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey there! I have downloaded an esd file of windows 10 2004 update. I have to clean install my laptop. Should I convert esd file into iso and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RohRak_116, Aug 5, 2020.

1. ESD File

Hey there! I have downloaded an esd file of windows 10 2004 update. I have to clean install my laptop. Should I convert esd file into iso and then install it ?

:)

RohRak_116, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Missing ESD

Hi,

To assist you better, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Have you tried any changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to check the files in your Recycle bin?
    • May we know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know what ESD file are you trying to create? Is it for Windows 10 update?

Regards.

Marby Rey, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Do I need the install.esd AND installx64.esd files on my disk?

Hi Adam, welcome to the Ten Forums.

You can delete those files if you want to, although I would follow the David's suggestion in post above mine.

If you decide to completely delete them, you might want to first create your own Windows 10 install media from them:

Tutorials:

Kari, Aug 5, 2020
  4. swarfega Win User

ESD File

ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File  

The first link in Step 1.1 is not working: , you do not have permission to access this page.

Also when I try to run ESDtoISO it claims that the ESD file is not an original Microsoft ESD file. I'm doing this in VMWare btw.

swarfega, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

ESD File

1. ESD File - Similar Threads - ESD File

2. How do I delete an ESD file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I delete an ESD file?: I have 2 ESD files: one for Windows 10 and one for Windows 11. I want to delete the one for Windows 10 as I don’t need it anymore… How do I delete one but not the other?...
  3. How do I delete an ESD file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an ESD file?: I have 2 ESD files: one for Windows 10 and one for Windows 11. I want to delete the one for Windows 10 as I don’t need it anymore… How do I delete one but not the other?...
  4. How do I delete an ESD file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Fooling" SSD's with little storage into accepting updates to Win. 10 via USB ESD WIM files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Fooling" SSD's with little storage into accepting updates to Win. 10 via USB ESD WIM files...: I wasn’t able to download cumulative updates and had about 4gb of space on my SSD; after lengthy procedures I got on to Microsoft Tier 3 and we downloaded what I think is called an ISO; it's titled ESD-USB a WIM file is yet another name apparently: I was initially told that...
  6. "Fooling" SSD's with little storage into accepting updates to Win. 10 via USB ESD WIM files...

"Fooling" SSD's with little storage into accepting updates to Win. 10 via USB ESD WIM files...: I wasn’t able to download cumulative updates and had about 4gb of space on my SSD; after lengthy procedures I got on to Microsoft Tier 3 and we downloaded what I think is called an ISO; it's titled ESD-USB a WIM file is yet another name apparently: I was initially told that...
  7. "Fooling" SSD's with little storage into accepting updates to Win. 10 via USB ESD WIM files...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    check if i have ESD file: My computer is usually slow so I use Disk Cleanup frequently, when it shows me some box list, I just tick all of them. I recently read that i should not delete some file and one of that is ESD file. I do not remember if I delete that file or not and i do not see it in my Disk...
  9. check if i have ESD file

check if i have ESD file: My computer is usually slow so I use Disk Cleanup frequently, when it shows me some box list, I just tick all of them. I recently read that i should not delete some file and one of that is ESD file. I do not remember if I delete that file or not and i do not see it in my Disk...
  10. check if i have ESD file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware