Windows 10: ESD Folder in C: Drive

Discus and support ESD Folder in C: Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey there, I've recently reinstalled windows 10 using windows media creation tool and after that I've found a folder named 'ESD' in my C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by D_Gamer_007, Dec 19, 2020.

1. ESD Folder in C: Drive

Hey there,

I've recently reinstalled windows 10 using windows media creation tool and after that I've found a folder named 'ESD' in my C: Drive. So what is it and can I delete it?

:)

D_Gamer_007, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Iyceman Win User

ESD folder on disk C

Thank you for the quick replies.

I quickly wanted to confirm 3 things.

1) Does this manual method work the same as the ESD-ISO method? Will there be any difference in total size? The ESD folder is 3.93 GB in my case.

2) Shouldn't i copy the contents of C:\ESD\Windows folder, as described in the original post? It is the "Windows" folder that has contents that looks like the installation disk. (C:\ESD folder has no other items)

3) After following these steps, do i have to run bootsect.exe?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Iyceman, Dec 19, 2020
  3. C:\ESD folder - Can it be deleted or removed to D drive

Can C:\ESD folder be deleted or removed to D drive to save space? I am running Windows 10 Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.371).

Sumit Simlai, Dec 19, 2020
  4. nancy3243 Win User

ESD Folder in C: Drive

ESD Folder

Someone somewhere should be able to enlighten me with the purpose of this folder. From what little I know it got created from my last force-able download from Windows 10. Somehow many of my normal files disappeared from my C Drive and I am now trying to
    copy and paste from the ESD folder. Windows does not support any help with this and suggested I find a good company to try and fix this horrendous problem.

My simple question is when Windows decides to drop another new installation does it delete the existing files located in my ESD file?

Does it then create new files into an empty ESD folder?

Any help or knowledge would be so appreciated before I go crazy.

nancy3243, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

ESD Folder in C: Drive

1. ESD Folder in C: Drive - Similar Threads - ESD Folder Drive

2. ESD Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESD Folder: Trying to clean up my 1TB hard drive because I'm running out of room! I've moved off all videos, music, documents, photos, and STILL only have 10GB left!!There is a folder entitled "ESD" that contains a 4GB file - ESD>Windows>Sources>install.esdWhat is that for? Do I need it...
  3. ESD Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ESD Folder: Trying to clean up my 1TB hard drive because I'm running out of room! I've moved off all videos, music, documents, photos, and STILL only have 10GB left!!There is a folder entitled "ESD" that contains a 4GB file - ESD>Windows>Sources>install.esdWhat is that for? Do I need it...
  4. ESD Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Esd folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Esd folder: My pc had some file corruption i did in placment update and after that there some file called esd 4.3 gb what to do it can i deletw it and how pls wirte steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-folder/6caa51da-61d5-4743-b24f-b97dd3c537b9
  6. Esd folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Esd folder: My pc had some file corruption i did in placment update and after that there some file called esd 4.3 gb what to do it can i deletw it and how pls wirte steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-folder/6caa51da-61d5-4743-b24f-b97dd3c537b9
  7. Esd folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can I delete ESD folder in c drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I delete ESD folder in c drive.: Hi, I observed a file name ESD in c drive and can i delete it because my c drive is filled. Is this file from media creation tool where I wanted to repair windows 10....
  9. ESD folder on disk C

in Windows 10 Support
    ESD folder on disk C: Could this folder be used to run a dism restorehealth and if so what would the cmd look like to direct the repair. I just seem not to be able to direct the dism direction, thanks. Oh and it has and install esd in the sources folder. 129392
  10. ESD folder on disk C

in Windows 10 Support
    ESD folder on disk C: Hello! I am new here so please excuse me if this is already answered. I am succesfuly upgraded Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit via Microsoft Free Upgrade offer. Everything works fine, so there is no problem My question is: After upgrading to W10 there...