Windows 10: ESD folder on disk C

Discus and support ESD folder on disk C in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Could this folder be used to run a dism restorehealth and if so what would the cmd look like to direct the repair. I just seem not to be able to direct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by csmdew, Mar 22, 2019.

1. csmdew Win User

ESD folder on disk C

Could this folder be used to run a dism restorehealth and if so what would the cmd look like to direct the repair. I just seem not to be able to direct the dism direction, thanks.

Oh and it has and install esd in the sources folder.

:)

csmdew, Mar 22, 2019
  2. llMuratll Win User

What is ESD Folder?

Hi,

There is one folder on my PC called "ESD", which is at This PC > Local Disk (CESD folder on disk C :) > ESD location. It is empty folder now. If it is not important I want to delete it.

Can you explain what it's exact name and what it does?

llMuratll, Mar 22, 2019
  3. nancy3243 Win User
    ESD Folder

Someone somewhere should be able to enlighten me with the purpose of this folder. From what little I know it got created from my last force-able download from Windows 10. Somehow many of my normal files disappeared from my C Drive and I am now trying to
    copy and paste from the ESD folder. Windows does not support any help with this and suggested I find a good company to try and fix this horrendous problem.

My simple question is when Windows decides to drop another new installation does it delete the existing files located in my ESD file?

Does it then create new files into an empty ESD folder?

Any help or knowledge would be so appreciated before I go crazy.

nancy3243, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Repiru Win User

ESD folder on disk C

ESD Folder?

I updated my windows version 1511 to 1703 today and I found that ESD folder in my C drive. what is it for?

Repiru, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

ESD folder on disk C

1. ESD folder on disk C - Similar Threads - ESD folder disk

2. ESD Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESD Folder: Trying to clean up my 1TB hard drive because I'm running out of room! I've moved off all videos, music, documents, photos, and STILL only have 10GB left!!There is a folder entitled "ESD" that contains a 4GB file - ESD>Windows>Sources>install.esdWhat is that for? Do I need it...
  3. ESD Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ESD Folder: Trying to clean up my 1TB hard drive because I'm running out of room! I've moved off all videos, music, documents, photos, and STILL only have 10GB left!!There is a folder entitled "ESD" that contains a 4GB file - ESD>Windows>Sources>install.esdWhat is that for? Do I need it...
  4. ESD Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Could this folder C:\ESD\Windows be deleted? CESD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could this folder C:\ESD\Windows be deleted? CESD: win11Cwin115G win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-this-folder-cesdwindows-be-deleted/12d9482a-7a39-4a1b-a094-3aeccdac8c8b
  6. Esd folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Esd folder: My pc had some file corruption i did in placment update and after that there some file called esd 4.3 gb what to do it can i deletw it and how pls wirte steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-folder/6caa51da-61d5-4743-b24f-b97dd3c537b9
  7. Esd folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Esd folder: My pc had some file corruption i did in placment update and after that there some file called esd 4.3 gb what to do it can i deletw it and how pls wirte steps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-folder/6caa51da-61d5-4743-b24f-b97dd3c537b9
  8. Esd folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. ESD Folder in C: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ESD Folder in C: Drive: Hey there, I've recently reinstalled windows 10 using windows media creation tool and after that I've found a folder named 'ESD' in my C: Drive. So what is it and can I delete it?...
  10. ESD folder on disk C

in Windows 10 Support
    ESD folder on disk C: Hello! I am new here so please excuse me if this is already answered. I am succesfuly upgraded Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit via Microsoft Free Upgrade offer. Everything works fine, so there is no problem My question is: After upgrading to W10 there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i remove windows 10 esd folder

2. what is esd folder (empty) in c drive

3. what is esd folder

4. what is ESD found a folder on windows c drive?,
  5. what is esd folder windows 10,
  6. local disk esd,
  7. esd empty folder,
  8. c windows esd,
  9. windows esd folder,
  10. esd folder cleanup,
  11. windows 10 esd folder empty,