Windows 10: Esd folder

Discus and support Esd folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc had some file corruption i did in placment update and after that there some file called esd 4.3 gb what to do it can i deletw it and how pls... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Absuard, Dec 21, 2021.

1. Absuard Win User

Esd folder

My pc had some file corruption i did in placment update and after that there some file called esd 4.3 gb what to do it can i deletw it and how pls wirte steps

:)

Absuard, Dec 21, 2021
  2. nancy3243 Win User

ESD Folder

Someone somewhere should be able to enlighten me with the purpose of this folder. From what little I know it got created from my last force-able download from Windows 10. Somehow many of my normal files disappeared from my C Drive and I am now trying to
    copy and paste from the ESD folder. Windows does not support any help with this and suggested I find a good company to try and fix this horrendous problem.

My simple question is when Windows decides to drop another new installation does it delete the existing files located in my ESD file?

Does it then create new files into an empty ESD folder?

Any help or knowledge would be so appreciated before I go crazy.

nancy3243, Dec 21, 2021
  3. llMuratll Win User
    What is ESD Folder?

Hi,

There is one folder on my PC called "ESD", which is at This PC > Local Disk (CEsd folder :) > ESD location. It is empty folder now. If it is not important I want to delete it.

Can you explain what it's exact name and what it does?

llMuratll, Dec 21, 2021
  4. Repiru Win User

Esd folder

ESD Folder?

I updated my windows version 1511 to 1703 today and I found that ESD folder in my C drive. what is it for?

Repiru, Dec 21, 2021
Thema:

Esd folder

1. Esd folder - Similar Threads - Esd folder

2. Can I delete the esd folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete the esd folder: so there is an near 5 gb folder called the Esd its directory is C:\ESD\Windows and it just basically looks like an windows installation folder and i could really use that 5 gb so can i delete it? and im not using windows insider etc etc...
  3. Can I delete the esd folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete the esd folder: so there is an near 5 gb folder called the Esd its directory is C:\ESD\Windows and it just basically looks like an windows installation folder and i could really use that 5 gb so can i delete it? and im not using windows insider etc etc...
  4. Can I delete the esd folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Massive "ESD" Folder Appears After Update and After 10 days Deleting the Previous Update...

Massive "ESD" Folder Appears After Update and After 10 days Deleting the Previous Update...: Before making this post, I tried researching, looking for similar issues others had and waited 14/10 days for the popup about deleting previous Windows update files to appear and nothing happened/worked/I didn't want to risk.Around the 11th or 12th, I updated my laptop and...
  6. Massive "ESD" Folder Appears After Update and After 10 days Deleting the Previous Update...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive "ESD" Folder Appears After Update and After 10 days Deleting the Previous Update...: Before making this post, I tried researching, looking for similar issues others had and waited 14/10 days for the popup about deleting previous Windows update files to appear and nothing happened/worked/I didn't want to risk.Around the 11th or 12th, I updated my laptop and...
  7. ESD Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESD Folder: Trying to clean up my 1TB hard drive because I'm running out of room! I've moved off all videos, music, documents, photos, and STILL only have 10GB left!!There is a folder entitled "ESD" that contains a 4GB file - ESD>Windows>Sources>install.esdWhat is that for? Do I need it...
  8. ESD Folder

ESD Folder: Trying to clean up my 1TB hard drive because I'm running out of room! I've moved off all videos, music, documents, photos, and STILL only have 10GB left!!There is a folder entitled "ESD" that contains a 4GB file - ESD>Windows>Sources>install.esdWhat is that for? Do I need it...
  9. ESD Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Could this folder C:\ESD\Windows be deleted? CESD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Could this folder C:\ESD\Windows be deleted? CESD: win11Cwin115G win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-this-folder-cesdwindows-be-deleted/12d9482a-7a39-4a1b-a094-3aeccdac8c8b