Windows 10: ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...

Discus and support ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My plan for now is to buy ESD key for windows 10 and use it to update to windows 11 in future, when it will be more widely used.So i have question:If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Олексій_UA, Apr 29, 2022.

1. ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...

My plan for now is to buy ESD key for windows 10 and use it to update to windows 11 in future, when it will be more widely used.So i have question:If I can update my windows to 11 using ESD license for windows 10 and still have it activated?If I have another PC in the future can I activate windows on it using my old ESD license? I suppose windows on my old PC should be deactivated?

:)

Олексій_UA, Apr 29, 2022
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Apr 29, 2022
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Apr 29, 2022
  4. CK011885 Win User

ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...

1. ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC... - Similar Threads - ESD license usage

2. Window 11 licensing on different PC than the old Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 11 licensing on different PC than the old Windows 10 PC: I currently have a DIY system running Windows 10 Pro. The hardware is not Windows 11 eligible and truth be told it is so old that it is painfully slow and beginning to fail. I am building a new DIY system that I want to install Windows 11 Pro onto. How will I be able to get...
  3. Window 11 licensing on different PC than the old Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 licensing on different PC than the old Windows 10 PC: I currently have a DIY system running Windows 10 Pro. The hardware is not Windows 11 eligible and truth be told it is so old that it is painfully slow and beginning to fail. I am building a new DIY system that I want to install Windows 11 Pro onto. How will I be able to get...
  4. ESD license for Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESD license for Windows 11.: Hi! Tell me, please, when will Microsoft "make us happy" with an ESD license for Windows 11 on sale in the Microsoft Store? To be honest, I and many are already tired of waiting. What is the problem and the "secret plan"? I can not understand....
  5. ESD license for Windows 11.

ESD license for Windows 11.: Hi! Tell me, please, when will Microsoft "make us happy" with an ESD license for Windows 11 on sale in the Microsoft Store? To be honest, I and many are already tired of waiting. What is the problem and the "secret plan"? I can not understand....
  6. ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...: My plan for now is to buy ESD key for windows 10 and use it to update to windows 11 in future, when it will be more widely used.So i have question:If I can update my windows to 11 using ESD license for windows 10 and still have it activated?If I have another PC in the future...
  7. ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...

ESD license usage: update from windows 10 to 11 and migration to different PC using 1 PC...: My plan for now is to buy ESD key for windows 10 and use it to update to windows 11 in future, when it will be more widely used.So i have question:If I can update my windows to 11 using ESD license for windows 10 and still have it activated?If I have another PC in the future...
  8. Windows 10 Professional License/ 1 PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Professional License/ 1 PC: how do I download it I payed for it Windows 10 Professional License/ 1 PC Customer Ann Deveau Order Number #4738 Order Date 02/16/2020 License Key Y89T6-CN4WD-99TDC-J9T3W-VH4XB Download Link Link Windows 10 Pro x8632 BIT RAM<4GB Link...
  9. Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows 10 Digital License on a different PC: Im currently building my new PC and couldnt find a definitive answer to my question: Can I use my current Harddrive in my new PC and still use Windows because of my Microsoft Account or do I have to purchase a new license for the new PC?...
  10. Updating to Windows 10 on different HDs one 1 PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating to Windows 10 on different HDs one 1 PC: I have windows 7 currently installed on 2 HDs, one on SSD which is the main OS & another on HD which is reserved as a standby in case of SSD failure. I've used the same Windows 7 key to register both. Will the Windows 10 upgrade process allow me to upgrade both OSs...