Windows 10: ESD or ISO

Discus and support ESD or ISO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey there! What is difference between esd and iso file? Should I update my windows 10 through esd file or iso file?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by It's rohr, May 17, 2019.

1. It's rohr Win User

ESD or ISO

Hey there! What is difference between esd and iso file? Should I update my windows 10 through esd file or iso file?

:)

It's rohr, May 17, 2019
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Iso, esd or wim?

Many people have reported that DISM will not use the .ESD file contained in the Media Creation Tool ISO file and had to download the ISO from Tech Bench containing the .WIM file, so I always suggest just going to Tech Bench first.

NavyLCDR, May 17, 2019
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Missing ESD

Hi,

To assist you better, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Have you tried any changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to check the files in your Recycle bin?
    • May we know what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know what ESD file are you trying to create? Is it for Windows 10 update?

Regards.

Marby Rey, May 17, 2019
  4. tracit99 Win User

ESD or ISO

ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File  

@Kari
    During the discussion about ESD to ISO in the past few days, I have read some misconceptions about ESDs, crypto keys and decryption tool.
    First is the Install.esd referenced in this tutorial. This ESD is not encrypted and never has been as far as I know. That is not to say that there cannot be an ESD named Install.esd that is encrypted but the one specified in this tutorial is not.
    Second is the crypto key. The crypto key is usually found in the product.xml, but with Insiders builds it can be found in windlp.state.xml.
    Third is the decryption tool. The decryption tool may or may not need to decrypt an ESDs. If so then the crypto key is needed, if not then it proceeds to the next step whatever that may be. In reality the decryption tool becomes an ESD to ISO convertor tool as is the case in this tutorial.

tracit99, May 17, 2019
Thema:

ESD or ISO

1. ESD or ISO - Similar Threads - ESD ISO

2. Do you NEED a recording a recording disk for ESD-ISO Files if you want to?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Do you NEED a recording a recording disk for ESD-ISO Files if you want to?: I just want to know if you must have a recording disk for ESD-ISO Files. Because An original ISO discs, I think you must need a recording disk to make the original ISO files work. But I don't know if You need a recording discs for ESD-ISO files. so, do you need a recording...
  3. it is risky for my computer to use nt lite app to convert esd file into iso file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    it is risky for my computer to use nt lite app to convert esd file into iso file?: it is risky for my computer to use nt lite app to convert esd file into iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-is-risky-for-my-computer-to-use-nt-lite-app-to/537c9f1b-cebc-46d3-8cf1-56a004df27d0
  4. Creating ISO file out of an ESD image -> too big to fit inside DVD, if converted to WIM;...

Creating ISO file out of an ESD image -> too big to fit inside DVD, if converted to WIM;...: Hello, I have downloaded the following file directly from Microsoft: 17763.379.190312-0539.rs5_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTBUSINESS_VOL_x64FRE_de-de.esd (3.3 GB in size) It contains almost all Windows 10 editions in ESD image format, Build 17763.379 stable. Then I...
  5. Official Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT

Official Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT: hello friends, i have downloaded the latest esd file and converted to iso, but my iso file missing DaRT menu under windows repair option.i am looking for official download link for Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT , or Official Windows 10 DaRT download link,please...
  6. Iso, esd or wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Iso, esd or wim?: Wish to correct a Source files missing problem, so need to download an ISO. Installed is W10 1511 version 10586.164 Pro.....how can I tell whether it is ESD or WIM? I know that downloads are as following.....M$ Media is ESD and TechNet is WIM. 44127
  7. Which ESD to ISO method should I use?

Which ESD to ISO method should I use?: On home stretch. Got the 14257 ESD from my laptop so I can try to fix my desktop installation of 14257 (to get DISM to work again) Which method on the ESD to ISO tool should I use? 39941
  8. Can I use the iso from the Win 10 esd to upgrade another computer

Can I use the iso from the Win 10 esd to upgrade another computer: The Win 10 install.esd for tomorrow's upgrade is on my new Win 8.1 computer. Can I use an iso. made from that esd. to upgrade my Win 7 computer if it has not yet received the upgrade files? Both will be upgrading to Win 10 Home. I wouldn't try it until tomorrow because...
  9. ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO

ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO: I'm confused about the ESD folder. If I install Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool, an ESD folder is created. I understand that this folder should not be deleted if you plan to use the Recovery feature as it includes the files need to reinstall Windows. If I reinstall...
  10. Using the ESD to ISO tool to make 14257 Image-where is default output?

in Windows 10 Support
    Using the ESD to ISO tool to make 14257 Image-where is default output?: Thanks everyone for your help. This is last question. I downloaded a 14257 ESD file online and am using the ESD to ISO tool and it is creating the ISO now. Where does the ISO save by default? 39875