Windows 10: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

Discus and support ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; @z3r010, you had 9841 on a desktop, did the PC Settings > Update & Recovery > Download new build > Install 9860 and it went without issues? Do you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by lehnerus2000, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Kari Win User

ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

@z3r010, you had 9841 on a desktop, did the PC Settings > Update & Recovery > Download new build > Install 9860 and it went without issues?

Do you have the 9860 ISO? If you search the C: from Explorer Search for EXT:ESD, does it find anything?

2. Kari Win User

@lehnerus2000, could you please be a guinea pig now and install 9860 on a new vm using your ISO to see if it installs OK? Just delete the vm afterwards.

3. z3r010 Win User
    Yep.

Nothing.

z3r010, Oct 22, 2014
  4. Kari Win User

@z3r010, I had a typo in my last post, I naturally meant to ask if you have any 9860 WIM files, not ISO, mostly interested in if the 9860 install.wim is somewhere there to be found.

I assume you had the Show hidden items enabled when searching. A mystery, how could 9860 have installed if you have no install.wim nor install.esd?

You don't happen to have 10 TP Enterprise edition?

Anyway geeks, all ideas welcome. I will concentrate on this but would for sure like to hear from others.

5. No problems. *Smile

It'll take me ~20 minutes.
    I'll just have to swap to Linux Mint (back soon).

lehnerus2000, Oct 22, 2014
  6. z3r010 Win User
    I do have an install.wim in the folder

ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File [​IMG]

z3r010, Oct 22, 2014
  7. Kari Win User
    OK John, that just makes the mystery bigger. What I am reading now on the Interwebs is that although a clear minority, at least some users do not get the ESD file but the upgrade is given as WIM.

Very interesting, I have to find more information. Good to have something to do *Smile.

8. z3r010 Win User

Something that could be different is mine was originally loaded with the UK ISO.

z3r010, Oct 22, 2014
  9. Kari Win User
    EN-UK but still the normal TP as in Insider program, not an Enterprise edition from TechNet Evaluation Center or MSDN?

Downloading both the EN-UK 9841 ISO and 9841 Enterprise ISO as we speak, will have to test both.

10. z3r010 Win User
    This one from the insider page - English (United Kingdom) 64-bit (x64) Download (3.79 GB)

z3r010, Oct 22, 2014
  11. I've just started the install.
    Everything seems normal so far.

Update
    Finished (13 minutes!).
    Seemed to be a lot faster to install than b9841.

12. badrobot Win User
    Thank you Kari for the info. I have yet to try the ISO I created last night. Will do it tonight.

badrobot, Oct 22, 2014
  13. Kari Win User

Before then deleting the test vm please check that it is activated and try Store to install one or two third party apps.

(Almost forgot the magic word: Please!)

14. Before then deleting the test vm please check that it is activated and try Store to install one or two third party apps.

(Almost forgot the magic word: Please!) Finished (13 minutes!).
    Seemed to be a lot faster to install than b9841.

I'll see what I can do.
    I've never tried to install an App (I use desktop programs).

Update
    "Windows is not activated"
    Do you want me to do anything before I click on the "Activate Windows" link?

15. Kari Win User
    You need a dummy MS email account for that if you are using a local user account in Win10 TP. If you don't have one extra to use and don't want to go through the registration process to get one just tell me, I have some never used MS emails I could PM the credentials to you to be used in this test.

See Brink's tutorial at Eight Forums how to use Store with a local user account: Windows Store - Sign in with Different Microsoft Account in Windows 8

Thema:

1. ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Similar Threads - ESD ISO Create

2. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  3. ESD or ISO

ESD or ISO: Hey there! What is difference between esd and iso file? Should I update my windows 10 through esd file or iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-or-iso/5068853b-102f-40f2-aa2e-48fd3cd633be
  4. Official Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT

Official Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT: hello friends, i have downloaded the latest esd file and converted to iso, but my iso file missing DaRT menu under windows repair option.i am looking for official download link for Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT , or Official Windows 10 DaRT download link,please...
  5. Iso, esd or wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Iso, esd or wim?: Wish to correct a Source files missing problem, so need to download an ISO. Installed is W10 1511 version 10586.164 Pro.....how can I tell whether it is ESD or WIM? I know that downloads are as following.....M$ Media is ESD and TechNet is WIM. 44127
  6. Sanity check on ESD to ISO - 10041

in Windows 10 Support
    Sanity check on ESD to ISO - 10041: Looking for another set of eyes to verify/sanity check the data on the ISO I created from the 10041 ESD. I may do clean install this weekend. How does this compare with what you may have? Many thanks. Dick... *Cool [img] [img] 4808
  7. Which ESD to ISO method should I use?

Which ESD to ISO method should I use?: On home stretch. Got the 14257 ESD from my laptop so I can try to fix my desktop installation of 14257 (to get DISM to work again) Which method on the ESD to ISO tool should I use? 39941
  8. ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO

ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO: I'm confused about the ESD folder. If I install Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool, an ESD folder is created. I understand that this folder should not be deleted if you plan to use the Recovery feature as it includes the files need to reinstall Windows. If I reinstall...
  9. Build 10159 X86 ISO or ESD Available?

Build 10159 X86 ISO or ESD Available?: Anyone know if an ISO or ESD for 10159 x86 has been created or made available. Have been attempting an upgrade through Windows Update on v. 10158 for 2 days and it will not download properly. Want to download and upgrade via USB on a Dell Venue 8 Pro. Thanks. 7667
  10. UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files: How to: UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files [img] Note Microsoft has made some changes in the delivery system. UUP Dump working perfectly, allowing users to create Insider ISO images even when not opted in for Insider program, I see it...