Windows 10: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

Discus and support ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; The upgrade worked, but I was having issues with it, like Windows not activating, but after doing a clean install all is good! So to answer your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by lehnerus2000, Oct 22, 2014.

1. LittleJay Win User

ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

The upgrade worked, but I was having issues with it, like Windows not activating, but after doing a clean install all is good!
    So to answer your question, I did use the ESD file in C:\Recovery Image.

LittleJay, Oct 26, 2014
  2. Kari Win User

OK, I misunderstood you *Smile. Good to know clean install solved the issues.

3. AddRAM Win User
    Success, I got it *Biggrin

Thanks for your help Kari and LittleJay

AddRAM, Oct 27, 2014
  4. badrobot Win User

Clean install is the best solution to the 9860 upgrade issues. And this tutorial is the best tool for the clean install solution.. *Biggrin

badrobot, Oct 27, 2014
  5. Charlie Win User
    Agree with that. My upgrade install was sluggish with file explorer and IE. Clean install fixed this for me. Good luck

Charlie, Oct 27, 2014
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    Kari... Great Tutorial! Works easy and quickly. One question (cause I'm paranoid!!!), is there some way, something to check to make sure I just burned build 9860 other than doing an install? Just a sanity check. Thanks.

f14tomcat, Nov 1, 2014
  7. Charlie Win User
    You might could open the iso file with something like WinRAR and have a look at it?

Charlie, Nov 2, 2014
  8. f14tomcat Win User

You might could open the iso file with something like WinRAR and have a look at it? Charlie, I did pop it open with 7-zip, but I'm not sure where or what to look at! Properties/details of files don't say anything about version #.

f14tomcat, Nov 2, 2014
  9. Edwin New Member
    @ tomcat:
    right click on the setup.exe and choose properties then details tab, Product version should read 6.4.9860.0

Edwin, Nov 2, 2014
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Bingo! Thanks, Edwin!

Can the DVD I burned be used to do a "repair" install (in-place upgrade) like I'm used to on win 7?

Thanks again, you earned a rep!*Party

f14tomcat, Nov 2, 2014
  11. Edwin New Member
    You could but I would suggest a clean install every time, it's probably faster and less problematic. Better yet, take an image backup when you've got the OS tweaked just the way you want it.

Edwin, Nov 2, 2014
  12. badrobot Win User
    You could but I would suggest a clean install every time, it's probably faster and less problematic. Better yet, take an image backup when you've got the OS tweaked just the way you want it. Great advice Edwin.

badrobot, Nov 2, 2014
  13. Charlie Win User

Bingo! Thanks, Edwin!

Can the DVD I burned be used to do a "repair" install (in-place upgrade) like I'm used to on win 7?

Thanks again, you earned a rep!*Party Yes its just like a 7 install. I tried to do upgrade with it but did not have enough space. The partition I was trying to upgrade was 30GB and 17GB of that was used by the 10TP. So I went ahead and did the clean install . Glad I did because the upgrade that I did on my laptop runs slow and is buggie. Good luck

Charlie, Nov 2, 2014
  14. Collaboration!
    You do great work, someone has to collect the information, organize it, grab snapshots, and create the tutorials.

I will try this soon, just acquired a 'new' machine and I plan to dual boot Win7 and Win10 to get that real hardware experience I'm not getting with Hyper-V.

I came across this while looking for something - who knows what I was looking for though.
    Make an ISO for Windows 10 9860 | Chris123NT's Blog

Highlighting reasons for posting this informationESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File :Download ESD and convert to ISO
    -> MEGA

EDIT: Updated link above to new 4c version of tool 10/23/14
    -> http://www.chris123nt.com/ESDTool/esd-decrypter-v4c.7z
    I took a cursory look at the two compressed folders - yours has 36 files dated 2014, Chris's has 26 files dated 2014. It was only a quick look.

Just wanted to let you know after seeing v3 in your post.

Bill

Slartybart, Nov 2, 2014
  15. Kari Win User
    To get all available information about your ISO first mount the ISO then give the following command in elevated command prompt:
    Code: dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:X:\sources\install.wim /index:1[/quote] Change the drive letter (highlighted in above command example) accordingly to point to virtual drive where you mounted the ISO.

ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File [​IMG]

Thema:

1. ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Similar Threads - ESD ISO Create

2. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  3. ESD or ISO

ESD or ISO: Hey there! What is difference between esd and iso file? Should I update my windows 10 through esd file or iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-or-iso/5068853b-102f-40f2-aa2e-48fd3cd633be
  4. Official Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT

Official Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT: hello friends, i have downloaded the latest esd file and converted to iso, but my iso file missing DaRT menu under windows repair option.i am looking for official download link for Windows 10 x64 bootable esd/ iso with DaRT , or Official Windows 10 DaRT download link,please...
  5. Iso, esd or wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Iso, esd or wim?: Wish to correct a Source files missing problem, so need to download an ISO. Installed is W10 1511 version 10586.164 Pro.....how can I tell whether it is ESD or WIM? I know that downloads are as following.....M$ Media is ESD and TechNet is WIM. 44127
  6. Sanity check on ESD to ISO - 10041

in Windows 10 Support
    Sanity check on ESD to ISO - 10041: Looking for another set of eyes to verify/sanity check the data on the ISO I created from the 10041 ESD. I may do clean install this weekend. How does this compare with what you may have? Many thanks. Dick... *Cool [img] [img] 4808
  7. Which ESD to ISO method should I use?

Which ESD to ISO method should I use?: On home stretch. Got the 14257 ESD from my laptop so I can try to fix my desktop installation of 14257 (to get DISM to work again) Which method on the ESD to ISO tool should I use? 39941
  8. ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO

ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO: I'm confused about the ESD folder. If I install Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool, an ESD folder is created. I understand that this folder should not be deleted if you plan to use the Recovery feature as it includes the files need to reinstall Windows. If I reinstall...
  9. Build 10159 X86 ISO or ESD Available?

Build 10159 X86 ISO or ESD Available?: Anyone know if an ISO or ESD for 10159 x86 has been created or made available. Have been attempting an upgrade through Windows Update on v. 10158 for 2 days and it will not download properly. Want to download and upgrade via USB on a Dell Venue 8 Pro. Thanks. 7667
  10. UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files: How to: UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files [img] Note Microsoft has made some changes in the delivery system. UUP Dump working perfectly, allowing users to create Insider ISO images even when not opted in for Insider program, I see it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. http://www.chris123nt.com/ESDTool/esd-decrypter-v4c.7z