Windows 10: ESENT Warning

Discus and support ESENT Warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I currently have an issue where the laptop shuts down and tries to restart and then fails leaving me with the message that "Hard Drive: Not installed".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZebSmyth, Aug 15, 2019.

1. ZebSmyth Win User

ESENT Warning

I currently have an issue where the laptop shuts down and tries to restart and then fails leaving me with the message that "Hard Drive: Not installed".

I am also receiving this error:

svchost (13356,D,31) Unistore: A request to read from the file "C:\Users\zndfa\AppData\Local\Comms\UnistoreDB\store.vol" at offset 299008 (0x0000000000049000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time

So I wonder if this is indeed a hardware issue with my Hard Drive?

:)

ZebSmyth, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Summez Win User

ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer

Hi,

Just an update, Had the ESENT warnings again today so, I have decided to try to clean boot windows 10 will get back to you with the results.

Thanks

Summez, Aug 15, 2019
  3. ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer

Hello Summez,

We appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue.

If the ESENT Event Ids have stopped logging in Event Viewer, we might be looking at a positive picture here. Also, certain Windows components were fixed after running SFC and DISM tools.

However, if you still see any issues, I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Write to us again, in case you need further assistance on the issue.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 15, 2019
  4. ESENT Warning

ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

The Event ID you are receiving are as follows

Esent Event ID 508 and 533 This warning can also be caused by an insufficient (or potentially even just low) amount of unused space on your currently running Operating System's HDD/SSD

Esent Event ID 510 Event ID 510 is a performance warning, which indicates slow writing behavior, if the computer is connected to a server. This issue could be related
    with the performance of the server.

We would like to know if the system you are using is a standalone PC or if it is connected to any Domain/server?

If it is a standalone PC, the following suggestions may help to identify the issue.

Method 1

I suggest you to refer to the below link written by one of our MVPs, Andre Da Costa, and check if it helps.

How to free up disk space in Windows

Also, try to perform a defragmentation of the drives and check with the results.

Follow the below steps.

• Sign in to your Windows 10 computer with an administrator account. It is important to use an administrator account because standard account holders cannot defrag the hard disk drive.
    • Click the Start button.
    • From the left pane of the Start menu, click File Explorer.
    • On the opened window, from the navigation pane in the left, expand the
      This PC tree.
    • From the expanded list, right-click Local Disk (C: ) or any other partition on which Windows 10 is installed.
    • From the context menu, click Properties.
    • On the opened Local Disk (C: ) Properties box, go to the Tools tab.
    • From the displayed interface, under the Optimize and defragment drive section, click the
      Optimize button.
    • On the Optimize Drives box, from the displayed list, ensure that the system drive (C: in this example) is selected.
    • Click the Analyze button from below the list.
    • Wait until Windows completes the analysis and displays the percentage of the fragmented files in the selected drive.

Note: If there are no fragmented files in the drive, Windows displays a message box stating that the disk does not need to be defragmented.

Next, run the Disk utility in Windows to detect and fix disk corruption, if any.

To do so, right-click on the Drive which you wish to check and select
    Properties
    . Next, click on Tools tab and under
    Error checking, click on the Check button. This option will check the drive for file system errors.

Method 2

If it still does not help, place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal
    startup after fixing the issue.

Method 3

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc /scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.
    Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Write to us with the update dstatus and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

ESENT Warning

1. ESENT Warning - Similar Threads - ESENT Warning

2. Windows 10 hard crashing, no blue screen, no reboot. ESENT error 467 and warning 642.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hard crashing, no blue screen, no reboot. ESENT error 467 and warning 642.: Hello, I'm having issues with my computer crashing without a blue screen or automatic reboot, not frequently, but often. To be specific, system is locking up, no mouse movement, screen is frozen until the monitors go to sleep, no sound, and no system led activity. Event...
  3. Windows 10 Warning Event ID 642 Source Esent keeps on waking computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Warning Event ID 642 Source Esent keeps on waking computer: Keep on getting application windows log warnings in event viewer. Everytime the event occurs the computer wakes up and the screen turns on. There was another thread but it is unresolved and archived. My error is based on windows search and database format error "svchost...
  4. ESENT Event ID 508 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer

ESENT Event ID 508 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer: Hello, I am running Windows 10 on an AMD machine, and I noticed that my machine stalls every once in a while. When I check the vent viewer, these warnings appear: ESENT 508 taskhostw 3844,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file...
  5. Windows 10 May 2020 Update is triggering ESENT warnings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2020 Update is triggering ESENT warnings: Windows 10 May 2020 Update, also known as version 2004, has been causing ESENT warnings for a number of users. The Extensible Storage Engine (ESE), which includes the ESENT.DLL, has been included in all release of Windows since Windows 2000 and it’s used by a number of...
  6. Question about ESENT Warnings Event 642

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about ESENT Warnings Event 642: Hello, My Windows.old file is now gone and I have noticed a considerable drop of the ESENT errors 642. I did a Disk Clean up but I am seeing only "one group" of 6 ESENT errors containing these two below in that one group and they appear right after a restart. Does anyone...
  7. Multiple ESENT Warnings Event ID 642 post 2004 Upgrade

Multiple ESENT Warnings Event ID 642 post 2004 Upgrade: Today 6/9/20 I got the update for Win 2004 along with several other updates. I installed the patch Tuesday updates before installing the Win 2004 update with no problems. I then installed Win 2004 update and I had no problems with it and after testing things on my computer...
  8. Multiple ESENT Warnings Event ID 642 post 2004 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple ESENT Warnings Event ID 642 post 2004 Upgrade: Today 6/9/20 I got the update for Win 2004 along with several other updates. I installed the patch Tuesday updates before installing the Win 2004 update with no problems. I then installed Win 2004 update and I had no problems with it and after testing things on my computer...
  9. Event viewer: Warning ESENT source and cod mw force closes to desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Event viewer: Warning ESENT source and cod mw force closes to desktop: 19635.1 win version Hello, I;m getting these errors and dont know how to fix it. I only found one script which supposed to reset the windows update, but the error keeps coming. I also think it's associated with the issues i have with call of duty modern warfare and its...
  10. Esent Event ID 642 warnings since updating to windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Esent Event ID 642 warnings since updating to windows 10 2004: [ATTACH] Anyone else seeing similar event id 642 warnings appear in event viewer since updating to windows 10 2004 (Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041) ? Clean install of windows, formatted ssd first (using usb stick). Some of the vent id 642 warnings that ive seen :...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 warning esent id 472 microsoftedge

2. esent

3. evento 472 esent

4. kb4497165 warning,
  5. svchost (10180 R 98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error 1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.,
  6. windows 10 esent,
  7. tilerepositorys-Error 1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile,
  8. can this error esent 455 cause windows 10 not to boot?,
  9. zune video windows 10,
  10. ESENT 455,
  11. what is esent windows 10,
  12. svchost (45820 R 98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error 1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.,
  13. MICROSOFT.ZUNEVIDEO,
  14. svchost (6424 R 98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18: Error 1023 (0xfffffc01) occurred while opening logfile C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log.