Windows 10: ESET fail

Discus and support ESET fail in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, Last night windows defender told me it found a trojan and quarantined it and deleted it. After that I ran a full scan and all was fine. To be... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sven1458, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Sven1458 Win User

ESET fail

Hi all,
    Last night windows defender told me it found a trojan and quarantined it and deleted it.
    After that I ran a full scan and all was fine. To be on the save side, I went to ESET online scanner and had the whole computer checked. It came back with 11 more threads. Looking at the log, I found that ALL of them where from programs that I had installed, some years ago like:
    Freemake video converter
    Ultimate Boot CD
    Google chrome
    Image burn
    Winzip driver updater
    Plus 1 reg hack that I dont remember
    All of these are false positives and most are old so they should be in there data base.
    Needles to say, I am not impressed and I dont see any reason to pay for a subscription.
    Just my 2 cents

:)

Sven1458, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

ESET fail

1. ESET fail - Similar Threads - ESET fail

2. How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER: I'd like to ask you how I can get rid of this application: ESET ONLINE SCANNER. From time to time it scans the computer even though I never asked for that. I don't know how it was installed in my computer. I think some years ago I used an online version of this and ever since...
  3. How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER: I'd like to ask you how I can get rid of this application: ESET ONLINE SCANNER. From time to time it scans the computer even though I never asked for that. I don't know how it was installed in my computer. I think some years ago I used an online version of this and ever since...
  4. Hi, I was using Mouse Without Borders, after installing ESET Anti-Virus on my host machine...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I was using Mouse Without Borders, after installing ESET Anti-Virus on my host machine...: Hello,Hi, I was using Mouse Without Borders, after installing ESET Anti-Virus on my host machine it no longer works.I'm connected to the same home Wi-Fi network. I cannot ping between my computers, getting a "Request time out message" when I ping.As described in the forums, I...
  5. Hi, I was using Mouse Without Borders, after installing ESET Anti-Virus on my host machine...

Hi, I was using Mouse Without Borders, after installing ESET Anti-Virus on my host machine...: Hello,Hi, I was using Mouse Without Borders, after installing ESET Anti-Virus on my host machine it no longer works.I'm connected to the same home Wi-Fi network. I cannot ping between my computers, getting a "Request time out message" when I ping.As described in the forums, I...
  6. Har en gul triangel på windows defender har även ESET nod 32 Win 11 pro

Har en gul triangel på windows defender har även ESET nod 32 Win 11 pro: HejHar en gul triangel på windows defender. har även ESET nod 32 Win 11 pro/Roland https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/har-en-gul-triangel-p%C3%A5-windows-defender-har/52b2d295-c2d5-4037-91e5-ab898eb61afb
  7. Har en gul triangel på windows defender har även ESET nod 32 Win 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Har en gul triangel på windows defender har även ESET nod 32 Win 11 pro: HejHar en gul triangel på windows defender. har även ESET nod 32 Win 11 pro/Roland https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/har-en-gul-triangel-p%C3%A5-windows-defender-har/52b2d295-c2d5-4037-91e5-ab898eb61afb
  8. WHEA Logger Error Event 18 with Windows 11. ESET Internet Security appears to be the culprit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Logger Error Event 18 with Windows 11. ESET Internet Security appears to be the culprit.: Just curious if anyone has expertise on the WHEA Logger Error Event 18 with Windows 11. I have done a bit of research and troubleshooting surrounding this error message. I had just purchased a new PC on March 20, 2023. After getting this message I returned the unit and...
  9. WHEA Logger Error Event 18 with Windows 11. ESET Internet Security appears to be the culprit.

WHEA Logger Error Event 18 with Windows 11. ESET Internet Security appears to be the culprit.: Just curious if anyone has expertise on the WHEA Logger Error Event 18 with Windows 11. I have done a bit of research and troubleshooting surrounding this error message. I had just purchased a new PC on March 20, 2023. After getting this message I returned the unit and...
  10. ESET Installation failed and was not completed successfully

in Windows 10 News
    ESET Installation failed and was not completed successfully: [ATTACH]When using ESET products, if you face any issue with the installation, you can […] This article ESET Installation failed and was not completed successfully first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...