Windows 10: ESET free online scanner problems ?

Discus and support ESET free online scanner problems ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have ESET online scanner installed and run it once a week or so as a second line of defence. I also have MalwareBytes installed which does... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by taid, Feb 2, 2020.

1. taid Win User

ESET free online scanner problems ?

Hello,

I have ESET online scanner installed and run it once a week or so as a second line of defence. I also have MalwareBytes installed which does automatic updates/scans. Both of these have run perfectly for ages but yesterday ESET started behaving oddly. When I run it the various screens have the usual icons but there’s no writing so I can only run it because I remember where to click! I’ve uninstalled it and re-installed and it’s the same.

Now I also notice that when I close a file in MS Word the hourglass icon appears and stays on screen. However if I move it to the edge of the screen it changes to the usual arrowhead pointer. This never used to happen. Are these two issues connected in any way?

I don’t ‘think’ there are any other problems – the PC appears to run normally. I did run sfc /scannow and it reported that it had found some issues which it had resolved, I ran it a couple of times again and all was well.

Not a major problem but I’d like to know what’s happening and what if anything I can do to resolve it…

:)

taid, Feb 2, 2020
  2. Zash Win User

Clean Uninstall ESET

Try uninstalling your ESET first.
    1. Download http://download.eset.com/special/ESETUninstaller.exe
    2. Boot to Safe Mode
    3. Uninstall ESET using Control Panel
    4. Use the ESET Uninstaller Tool
    5. Restart normally

After restarting, if you encounter a problem with your network adapter (LAN/Wi-Fi)
    1. Open Network and Sharing Center
    2. Click on "Change adapter settings" found on the left side
    3. Right-click and choose Properties on the adapter you are currently using
    4. Uninstall the one with ESET on its name
    5. Click OK

How to boot to Safe Mode
    1. On your Start Menu, click on Power
    2. Hold the Shift key on your keyboard then click on Restart

The black screen with a cursor is actually color gray.
    If this happens, just chill out and wait because Windows is still loading.
    If you want to speed up your boot up process, try removing the unnecessary startup items and please do schedule a time to defrag your drives.

Zash, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Feb 2, 2020
  4. ESET free online scanner problems ?

Problem with installing scanner

Hi Saro,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing with the issue. We are glad to help you.

Please try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “troubleshoot scanner” under Devices option.

• Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:

Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the scanner drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

ESET free online scanner problems ?

1. ESET free online scanner problems ? - Similar Threads - ESET free online

2. How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER: I'd like to ask you how I can get rid of this application: ESET ONLINE SCANNER. From time to time it scans the computer even though I never asked for that. I don't know how it was installed in my computer. I think some years ago I used an online version of this and ever since...
  3. How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I uninstall ESET ONLINE SCANNER: I'd like to ask you how I can get rid of this application: ESET ONLINE SCANNER. From time to time it scans the computer even though I never asked for that. I don't know how it was installed in my computer. I think some years ago I used an online version of this and ever since...
  4. Microsoft Online Safety Scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Online Safety Scanner: While the online Microsoft Safety Scanner is doing its thing, it shows there are infected files but when it finishes it says no virus, spyware or potentially unwanted software detected. What does this mean? Infected files don't matter? Defender didn't catch anything during...
  5. ESET

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ESET: HiTrying to uninstall the Eset scanner program when i click brings me to control panel to uninstall the programbut its not there?THANK YOUTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eset/a7b70dfd-0ac3-481e-a26a-1dded67112f4
  6. ESET

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ESET: HiTrying to uninstall the Eset scanner program when i click brings me to control panel to uninstall the programbut its not there?THANK YOUTIMMY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/eset/a7b70dfd-0ac3-481e-a26a-1dded67112f4
  7. ESET

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. free live TV online

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    free live TV online: Free live TV online stopped working on my desktop and two laptops all with windows 10. Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-live-tv-online/1adccdaa-fff7-4773-8b38-afe1a5bb6c90"
  9. Whats the Best Online Virus Scanner?

Whats the Best Online Virus Scanner?: I got win 10. Whats the best and most secure online virus scanner? 145827
  10. Free malware scanners

Free malware scanners: just a word of warning on free scanners. I have Free Malwarebytes its suggested by Techies to have a second opinion scanner even though Windows Security is now very good. Over recent times Ive uninstalled it on the Apps section no problem but ending up downloading it again...