Windows 10: eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer

Discus and support eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone i have a problem. After a user automatically logs in he get this screen (win10-1.png), after that he needs to access some of the files,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DainiusA, May 16, 2019 at 6:27 AM.

1. DainiusA Win User

eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer

Hello everyone i have a problem.

After a user automatically logs in he get this screen (win10-1.png), after that he needs to access some of the files, so he opens the task manager with keyboard shortcut ctrl + shift +e and goes to new task. In the pop up window he needs to input explorer so he could open the file manager(win10-2.png), but instead he gets (win10-3.png).

I need to get the result from (win10-2.png) when i type explorer in the tak manager's new task.

Best regards,
    Dainius

eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer [​IMG]

:)

2. sturpe Win User

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

3. HDVIDTech Win User
    Explorer Opens slow

I have tried the steps listed below. Method 2 and pinned it to the task bar. This helps it open faster but when it opens then the open window are grouped away from the icon on the task bar. I have to have two explorer folders pinned to the task bar to
    have a fast opening Explorer and grouped windows together.

When I do "open file location" the original one shows it is on the desktop, but it is not there. The other one I created tracks back to the C:\ drive location as it was created. Just kind of weird that one is referencing the Desktop when it is not there.
    Maybe hidden but still kind of odd.

How can I make it where I only have one Explorer that is both fast to open and the only one on the task bar?

Method 1: Rebuild your search index.

• Press Windows key + R, type control.exe srchadmin.dll, and click on OK.
    • Click on the Advanced button.
    • From the Advanced dialogue box, select Rebuild. Selecting Rebuild will begin the process of deleting, and then rebuilding your PC’s search index.

Note: While the steps to initiate the rebuilding process are simple, the actual process can take quite some time depending on how much data Windows has to index.

Method 2: Create a File Explorer shortcut on your desktop.

• On your Windows 10 desktop, right-click with the mouse.
    • Select New > Shortcut.
    • Type explorer.exe in the Location box.
    • Click on Next button.
    • Click on Finish button. You should now have a shortcut on your desktop.
    • Right-click the new shortcut, and select Properties.
    • Under Target line, change it to (note the space between C:\Windows\explorer.exe and /n):

C:\Windows\explorer.exe /n
    • Click the OK button. Now you can double-click it like your regular File Explorer app.

Method 3: Reset the File Explorer view to the default settings across all your folders.

• Launch File Explorer, click the File menu, and select Change folder and search options.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Under Folder views, click on Reset Folders.
    • Click the OK button.

Let us know if any of the suggestions helped.

4. Deuce642 Win User

windows 10 file explorer opens for a split second then crashes

This problem occurs if I try opening any folder or file explorer itself for example:

• an existing file folder with files in it that is on my desktop,
    • opening the file explorer from the taskbar (I have since unpinned it as this was suggested as a fix in some forums)
    • opening file explorer using the start menu
    • opening file explorer using the windows key + E
    In each case the explorer dialogue box will pop up momentarily then disappear again (perhaps a second or 2 sometimes, other times just a flash.)

So far I have tried:

• ensuring that windows 10 is totally up to date
    • run the sfc scannow - this came up with no error found
    • made sure that the settings for file explorer were set to opening at 'this pc'

I am absolutely out of ideas. Can someone please help?

Thema:

1. eShell opens explorer(desktop) instead of file explorer - Similar Threads - eShell opens explorer

2. Unable to Open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Open File Explorer: Dear Team, I am unable to open file explorer or any other folders on my windows 10 desktop. I tried almost all the methods suggested in the online search results but nothing. When i click on any folder or File Explorer icon on task bar, it just dosent give any response at...
  3. File Explorer Opens Randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer Opens Randomly: Whenever I start or end a game,browse,or just about any action,file explorer opens us.any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-opens-randomly/11572ebc-1ea3-4414-b049-0bc0b08081bd
  4. File Explorer > Open With replacement?

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer > Open With replacement?: It seems like the simple "open with" dialog has gotten worse with every version of Windows since they invented it. I avoided Win8/8.1, but cannot avoid Win10... and this is a feature that I use regularly, and absolutely hate what MS has done with it in Win10. I've already...
  5. File Explorer slow to open or will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to open or will not open: Quite often (60% of the time) clicking on Windows Explorer results in no action whether from the tool bar or from the Windows screen for a very long period of time. There is nothing showing to determine if there is a background program causing Explorer to wait. When it...
  6. Opening multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening multiple files in file explorer: Windows 10. I no longer am able to open more than one jpg file in Photoshop Elements 14 (so maybe this is a PE problem as don't have a problem with Word or Excel files?) If I select more than one it will open every one except the first one selected (usually though seems a bit...
  7. File Explorer opens twice

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer opens twice: for the last few days, the explorer closes and reopen itself immediately. this happens both on my Home PC and Work PC. anybody experiencing this too? see screenshot: Explorer opening twice (when locating a file) (from reddit) 25002
  8. File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer won't open: Glad you got it worked out. *Thumbs
  9. Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access": I find it really annoying that I have to scroll up the left nav bar to quick access when I open a Explorer window. I went to View, Options and set "Open File Explorer to: Quick Access" but it still opens to This PC. Anyone know how to fix that? 102962
  10. "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens

in Windows 10 Support
    "Cannot open file -a" / explorer opens: Hello, I keep getting this error when Windows 10 boots to desktop, when I close it opens file explorer. Any ideas what's this mysterious "-a" file is? 97243