Windows 10: ESNET errors with 100% SSD usage and system freeze on battery power only!

Discus and support ESNET errors with 100% SSD usage and system freeze on battery power only! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings, I'm facing problems with my Dell Precision 5510 running the latest windows version with all drivers updated. This problem happens when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mahmoud Ezzat, Apr 10, 2021.

1. ESNET errors with 100% SSD usage and system freeze on battery power only!

Greetings,

I'm facing problems with my Dell Precision 5510 running the latest windows version with all drivers updated. This problem happens when operating on battery power only, doesn't happen using AC power.

The problem is that the system randomly freezes for about 40 seconds or more, with 100% SSD usage, becomes totally unusable in that duration.

I got ESENT warnings in the event viewer with IDs 533 and 510:

taskhostw 7372,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\Ezzat\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\WebCacheV01.jfm" at offset 0 0x0000000000000000 for 8192 0x00002000 bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time 61 seconds to be serviced by the OS. In addition, 0 other I/O requests to this file have also taken an abnormally long time to be serviced since the last message regarding this problem was posted 265 seconds ago. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

taskhostw 7372,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\Ezzat\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log" at offset 405504 0x0000000000063000 for 4096 0x00001000 bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time 61 seconds to be serviced by the OS. In addition, 0 other I/O requests to this file have also taken an abnormally long time to be serviced since the last message regarding this problem was posted 265 seconds ago. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

taskhostw 7372,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\Ezzat\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log" at offset 405504 0x0000000000063000 for 4096 0x00001000 bytes has not completed for 36 seconds. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

taskhostw 7372,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\Ezzat\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\WebCacheV01.jfm" at offset 0 0x0000000000000000 for 8192 0x00002000 bytes has not completed for 36 seconds. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

It seems like faulty hardware, maybe the SSD but I've ran memory diagnostics, chkdsk, sfc/scannow and haven't found any hardware problems.

Also this happens only on battery power ... can't really be a faulty SSD without that happening on AC power.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dell precision 5510

Windows 10 pro

Intel core i7 6820HQ

16 GB DDR4 RAM

512 NVME SSD

:)

Mahmoud Ezzat, Apr 10, 2021

2. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

Hi, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate.

DaraMilford, Apr 10, 2021
  3. SSD usage peaks at 100% and Windows freezes for a few seconds

Hi, recently I bought a SSD (Kingston SA400S37480G) and installed Windows 10 in it. But, sometimes, the Task Manager shows a 100% usage of it, even though nothing is running or the usage is very low for it to freeze. Then, I have to wait a few seconds
    for Windows to come back.

It is really bothering me, because I use my PC to play online games and I get impaired for a few seconds in the middle of a match, for example, which affects my performance. I used to have Windows installed in my HDD and no freezes like these used to happen.

My drivers for the SSD are in AHCI, the BIOS is also configured to AHCI, the system event log does not contain any events with Event ID 129, and I have already ran the '' DISM.exe
    /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth'' and the ''sfc /scannow'' commands and there were no errors.

Can someone help me?

Sincerely.

Gui_Moreira, Apr 10, 2021
  4. Janan76 Win User

ESNET errors with 100% SSD usage and system freeze on battery power only!

High CPU and Battery usage after upgrading to SSD, Task Manager System process, Windows 10

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron with an i5 processor and 8 gb Ram. Recently I swapped my HDD for a new Samsung SSD because the computer would freeze and my disk usage was perpetually at a 100%. Ever since I reinstalled windows, my laptops battery life has gone from
    an average of 4-5 hours and now finishes in under 2 hours with minimal usage. Each time I open task manager, the "System" task eats up an average of 30% of the CPU and always has either very high or high power usage, which I suspect is the reason for the massive
    decline in battery power, instead of the normal improvement when someone shifts from an HDD to an SSD. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
    ESNET errors with 100% SSD usage and system freeze on battery power only! cd6e8c35-85e4-485c-888b-5ffc266ffcda?upload=true.jpg

***Modified Title from: High CPU and Battery usage by Windows System task***

Janan76, Apr 10, 2021
Thema:

ESNET errors with 100% SSD usage and system freeze on battery power only!

1. ESNET errors with 100% SSD usage and system freeze on battery power only! - Similar Threads - ESNET errors 100%

2. SSD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  3. SSD usage at 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD usage at 100%: Lately, my pc has been slowing down, and its seemingly caused by the SSD usage going to 100%. At random the SSD usage will spike to 100%, ranging from a few seconds at a time, to a whole minute even. When its not doing that, it'll still stay relatively high, or spike to lower...
  4. NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze: So my PC has been hard freezing randomly. I checked task manager right before it completely locked up and it shows that my SSD is at 100% usage with 0 transfer rate. This causes a hard freeze about 98% of the time and results in a BSOD MAYBE 2% of the time. I have tried so...
  5. NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVME SSD 100% disk usage then hard freeze: So my PC has been hard freezing randomly. I checked task manager right before it completely locked up and it shows that my SSD is at 100% usage with 0 transfer rate. This causes a hard freeze about 98% of the time and results in a BSOD MAYBE 2% of the time. I have tried so...
  6. Slow ssd copy paste + freezing + 100% ssd disk usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow ssd copy paste + freezing + 100% ssd disk usage: Hi, I have recently bought a new pc with original windows 10 on it. I have very slow copy paste for large files plus windows getting unresponsive. 50gb file transfer takes 1 hour on SSD while I copy from SSD to HDD it has a transfer speed of 300mb/s. Is something wrong with...
  7. 100% ssd usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% ssd usage: when i start windows i have to wait almost 5 minuted to do anything every program that i open in these 5 minutes is unresponsive, i looked everywhere for a solution but i couldn't find any, all the ones that i found like disabling superfetch didnt work for me, has anyone...
  8. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%: Hi, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freeze-and-ssd-usage-spiked-to-100/decd61f2-94c8-4d3a-97c2-c6392efe9f04
  9. Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%

Windows 10 Freeze, and SSd usage spiked to 100%: Hi my name is Kelvin, after i install a new SSD my pc randomly freeze, when i check in the task manager my ssd usage is 100% but with 0 transfer rate. my pc specs is: Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1803 AMD Ryzen 1600x 8gb ram ddr4 2666mhz Gtx 1060 here's my driver: [ATTACH]...
  10. 100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze

100% SSD Usage - 20 second long freeze: My PC experiences 20 second freezes when running programs, watching videos and doing basic functions that aren't significantly intensive. Resmon shows that the usage of my SSD drops to zero but task manager shows 100% disk usage. I noticed that although the image freezes;...