Windows 10: Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive

Discus and support Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have replced my laptop's hard drive with the hard drive of my old laptope. I tried to reinstall window from a dvd but my laptope show error that..... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AHSANMEHBOOB, May 9, 2020.

1. Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive

I have replced my laptop's hard drive with the hard drive of my old laptope.

I tried to reinstall window from a dvd but my laptope show error that..

"you are using a already runing hard drive so window can not be install and i may not work on this pc.. Please insert back the first one hard drive to work properly "

Now what i have to do?

I need your help...

:)

AHSANMEHBOOB, May 9, 2020

2. hard drive

1. Do you have more than one physical hard drive, or are these separate partitions on the same drive?
    2. How old is the drive?
    3. Laptop or desktop?

Canadian Tech, May 9, 2020
  3. xarzu Win User
    new system old hard drive...

I have an old hard drive that has those old ribbon connections to transfer data to the mother board.

I have a new computer that mostly uses those cool little ATA (I think that is what they are called) connections.

The new computer has a Vista OS.

I opened up the case and I was supprised to see on the motherboard a wide ribbon connection and so I connected the old hard drive and a free power connection.

When I turned on the computer, the system started up like usual and did not notice the new hard drive.

I went to the Control Pannel and did an automatic add hard drive call and it did not find the old hard drive.

Any suggestions?

xarzu, May 9, 2020
  4. GlynParry Win User

Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive

Old Hard drive to new hard drive

I now have my old hard drive converted to an external drive and am wondering what is the best way to move files from the old to the new. I was thinking of booting the old drive and saving the files I want to the cloud and then downloading them to my new
    computer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

GlynParry, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive

1. Essue of Hard drive replcement with old laptop's hard drive - Similar Threads - Essue Hard drive

2. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  3. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive: I recently bought a new Windows 10 PC but kept the old hard drive from my previous Windows 10 PC. I bought the connector cable to plug it to a USB port in as if it were an external hard drive, but Windows keeps wanting to recognize it as a floppy drive. How do I get Windows...
  4. Connecting an old Windows 10 internal Hard Drive as if it was an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop: I recently got a used laptop from a friend of mine. The laptop was running Windows 11 but after attempting to reset the computer, it would no longer boot Windows. I then created a flash drive with Windows 11 and attempted to reinstall Windows 11 but received a message stating...
  6. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop: I recently got a used laptop from a friend of mine. The laptop was running Windows 11 but after attempting to reset the computer, it would no longer boot Windows. I then created a flash drive with Windows 11 and attempted to reinstall Windows 11 but received a message stating...
  7. Formatting hard drives partitions on a dual hard drive laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive

Transferring files from old hard drive to new hard drive: Hello, My laptop recently broke that was running Windows 7. I bought a new laptop that is running Windows 10. Since my old laptop would not start, I bought a hard drive enclosure so I could move everything off my old hard drive onto my new one. I am confused with exactly...
  9. using old hard drives

using old hard drives: I have two 500 gb ssd's on my old pc that I used for file storage and games. Can I take those out of my old pc and hook them up in my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-old-hard-drives/2db83d2f-0c2c-4d23-80e5-623fbc526676"
  10. format old hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    format old hard drive: Do i have to format old hard drive to install windows 10 from cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/format-old-hard-drive/78cd15c3-9d15-41fe-b88a-590b61a502ec