Windows 10: Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored

Discus and support Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had to restore my Windows 10 system which was successful. However, now when trying to get in my computer, it asks for my password and doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MichaelWeingarten, Jun 12, 2019 at 3:02 PM.

1. Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored

I had to restore my Windows 10 system which was successful. However, now when trying to get in my computer, it asks for my password and doesn't recognize my former password. How do I establish a new password since I can't get into my command line or any app?

:)

MichaelWeingarten, Jun 12, 2019 at 3:02 PM

2. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 12, 2019 at 3:03 PM
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 Login Issues -- Computer Password Does Not Work!

Hi Scott,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account using password login since PIN login is not working. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to login?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, if you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

4. Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 12, 2019 at 3:03 PM
Thema:

Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored

1. Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored - Similar Threads - Establish computer login

2. System restore is restoring the registry and has been stuck like this 2 hrs

in Windows 10 Customization
    System restore is restoring the registry and has been stuck like this 2 hrs: My HP laptop has be stuck on please wait while windows files and settings are being restored System restore is restoring the registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-is-restoring-the-registry-and-has/12448bad-80bd-4d40-a362-9050f648347e
  3. After an update my login account to my computer has been reduced to the most basic permissions

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After an update my login account to my computer has been reduced to the most basic permissions: My windows 10 updated my computer without my permission last time i logged in. I've now attempted to log in and the windows session has been reduced to the most basic level. Lower than even safe mode. I have no access to the start menu, no access to any programs... The...
  4. reactivating windows 10 after restoring computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reactivating windows 10 after restoring computer: had to restore my computer. Now my windows 10 will not let me use any of my apps. says that I need to re install the code # I down loaded the free version of windows 10 so do not have a product code. been to my settings to try to re activate and it just sends me around in...
  5. System restore point has not been created

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System restore point has not been created: computer is not working correctly so I attempted system restore but error message says there is no restore point created on MS10? How can I resolve this...
  6. Password for Computer Login?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password for Computer Login?: I have a dell laptop that uses windows 10. I do not have a password at all on my laptop. Thus if you power it on, well im on the laptop. I recall windows gives you the option to put a password for your computer when you start it up on windows 7. This is windows 10 so im sure...
  7. Computer login password

Computer login password: Hi guys,has anyone been ask to login to there computer,using there Microsoft account?,..I restarted my comp,after i uninstall a app..It ask for my password''which i never made'' to login,but the password has to be my Microsoft account...I'm just wondering.....Sorry about my...
  8. Can't change computer login password

Can't change computer login password: I want to change the password when I log into the computer on start up. The one where you have to put the password in just to get the computer to even get to the home page. I've change my password in the Microsoft account part but it didn't change the main computer log in....
  9. Check to see if a computer has been previously upgraded to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Check to see if a computer has been previously upgraded to Windows 10: Hi all I have a burning question that I have not been able to find an answer to... How do I find out if a computer has been previously upgraded to Windows 10 from 7/8/8.1 and has a digital licence (after it has been restored to the original OS)? I've been in touch...
  10. Has this computer ever been upgraded to Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Has this computer ever been upgraded to Win 10?: I know this is going to sound pretty dorky, but this computer has not been used much over the past year. Prior to expiration of the free upgrade to 10, I think I upgraded this computer, but was accustomed to using 8.1 and so reverted after the upgrade. I now want to move...