Windows 10: Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored

Discus and support Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had to restore my Windows 10 system which was successful. However, now when trying to get in my computer, it asks for my password and doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MichaelWeingarten, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored

I had to restore my Windows 10 system which was successful. However, now when trying to get in my computer, it asks for my password and doesn't recognize my former password. How do I establish a new password since I can't get into my command line or any app?

:)

MichaelWeingarten, Jun 12, 2019

2. Forgot Windows 10 password...

If it's a Microsoft account, you should be able to change the password via another computer at live.com and the password should also change to match on the computer (obviously make sure it has internet access first). The password is verified online during login.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 Login Issues -- Computer Password Does Not Work!

Hi Scott,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account using password login since PIN login is not working. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to login?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, if you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored

1. Establish computer login password after Windows 10 has been restored - Similar Threads - Establish computer login

2. The computer has been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer has been hacked: Computer has been hacked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-has-been-hacked/09b7c204-3752-407d-885c-4b2047cf5bee
  3. Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle: One thing I've noticed since some time back now is how I often find my Windows 11 desktop being unresponsive after I haven't used the computer for a while.What happens is when I move the mouse cursor to for instance open a folder I have on my Desktop, the folder icon isn't...
  4. Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle

Desktop unresponsive after computer has been idle: One thing I've noticed since some time back now is how I often find my Windows 11 desktop being unresponsive after I haven't used the computer for a while.What happens is when I move the mouse cursor to for instance open a folder I have on my Desktop, the folder icon isn't...
  5. email notification after password has been changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    email notification after password has been changed: Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to somehow setup an email alert after a local administrator account password has been changed? I see a lot of articles point to email alerts when a password is about to expire but not really anything after a password has been changed....
  6. email notification after password has been changed

email notification after password has been changed: Hi, I am wondering if it is possible to somehow setup an email alert after a local administrator account password has been changed? I see a lot of articles point to email alerts when a password is about to expire but not really anything after a password has been changed....
  7. Computer has been wiped

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer has been wiped: I had my computer in a pawn shop long stort short it was past due and the guy had to get into it because it was password protected. So he had it wiped.used a trial version of avast cool I thought. Now I bought the updated premium version of avast now I cant even get a...
  8. PIN has been set but i still login with my Microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN has been set but i still login with my Microsoft password: Hello!, I have set up a pin but windows 10 won't let me log in with my PIN instead I must log in with my outlook password. It looks like there is a trouble with the windows itself since it showed that I still need to add a PIN although I have already set it. Regards,...
  9. Password for Computer Login?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password for Computer Login?: I have a dell laptop that uses windows 10. I do not have a password at all on my laptop. Thus if you power it on, well im on the laptop. I recall windows gives you the option to put a password for your computer when you start it up on windows 7. This is windows 10 so im sure...
  10. Computer login password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer login password: Hi guys,has anyone been ask to login to there computer,using there Microsoft account?,..I restarted my comp,after i uninstall a app..It ask for my password''which i never made'' to login,but the password has to be my Microsoft account...I'm just wondering.....Sorry about my...