Windows 10: Established win 7 pro into Hyper-V or

Discus and support Established win 7 pro into Hyper-V or in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I have win7 pro Latitude e6530 thats loaded with software and business items that took me years to build. Can I bring this image into my new win 10pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbobnh, Nov 14, 2018.

1. jimbobnh Win User

Established win 7 pro into Hyper-V or

I have win7 pro Latitude e6530 thats loaded with software and business items that took me years to build. Can I bring this image into my new win 10pro XPS 13 used as a virtual? Could I use Redeploy from macrium reflect to help?
    I'd be happy with being able to boot from an external drive with the Win 7Pro cloned to it if possible.. I know there is totally new hardware in the XPS and not sure if it can be done.

:)

jimbobnh, Nov 14, 2018

2. Feature "Hyper-V Platform" missing in Win 10 Pro

[update: Found that my previous Win 7 Pro was 32-bit, so the Win 10 Pro is also in 32-bit. No "Hyper-V Platform" feature unless reinstall Win in 64-bit]

AnthonyTsang2015, Nov 14, 2018
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Hyper-V

Only Pro or Enterprise versions can run Hyper-V, in addition to the other requirements listed at the link I provided earlier.

JimWynne, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Established win 7 pro into Hyper-V or - Similar Threads - Established pro Hyper

2. Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt: I downloaded the Windows 11 Pro iso directly from Microsoft. I am using a retail generic key to install but not activate. I have guest extensions turned off. I use Hypr-V's connect to interact in all cases. Install is successful, I log in with a secondary account, all is...
  3. Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 Pro on Win 11 Pro Hyper-V: no login prompt: I downloaded the Windows 11 Pro iso directly from Microsoft. I am using a retail generic key to install but not activate. I have guest extensions turned off. I use Hypr-V's connect to interact in all cases. Install is successful, I log in with a secondary account, all is...
  4. Hyper-V and Windows 7

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V and Windows 7: I'm trying to setup a Windows 7 VM in Hyper-V. I have tried both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions and both have the same problem. The mouse does not work. It say that the mouse input not captured. All boxes are checked under Integration Services. Is their any other options...
  5. Hyper-V is it for Win 10 Pro ONLY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V is it for Win 10 Pro ONLY: I have a The Windows 10 is Home... desktop PC... Hyper-V is it for Win 10 Pro ONLY...? If Hyper-V can run too on Windows Home... I must disable it to run VMs in Virtual Box or VMware Player??? How to disable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Home...? I must enable Hyper-V if I want to...
  6. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  7. Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key.

Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key.: Win 8 pro full in Hyper-V won't accept key. Says win 8 pro is an update version. Show key shows there is a Vista marker in the VM firmware. Any way round this? 30049
  8. stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host

stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host: Hi, I hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I am installing win 10 pro on my machine, which goes fine, then when i try to install hyper-v (add program and features) it seems to go well, reboots, tells me installing features, reboots again, then just...
  9. Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM

Local Resources not showing for Win 10 Pro Hyper-V VM: Hey- I've been troubleshooting this for ages, and am getting no-where fast! *Mad I'm basically trying to get a webcam to be available in the Windows 10 Pro Gen2 VM using Hyper-V. My host is Windows 10 Pro (on the same PC). I've read that I need to use RDP to...
  10. Windows 10 pro using Win Xp in Hyper-v connecting to LAN problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 pro using Win Xp in Hyper-v connecting to LAN problem: Hi Guys, Im new to the Windows 10 world, I am working with a small company with very outdated software...and hardware for that matter. I am trying to upgrade a PC to a new Desktop running windows 10 pro, that was the easy part. All the other old systems are running Windows...