Windows 10: Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets

Discus and support Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to access DB server of a azure VM 1 situated on a subnet 1, resource group 1 from azure VM 2 situated on a subnet 2, resource group 2 , what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Saurabh Vyas saurabh.vyas, May 23, 2022.

1. Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets

I want to access DB server of a azure VM 1 situated on a subnet 1, resource group 1 from azure VM 2 situated on a subnet 2, resource group 2 , what appropriate steps should I take ?

:)

Saurabh Vyas saurabh.vyas, May 23, 2022

2. Hyper-V VMs physically on separate subnets - howto

I'm setting up Windows Server 2016 Standard.

My objective is to have 2 VMs that are connected into their own subnet for a testbed.

I've read about the internal switches, etc. but don't see how to make a physical connection to each of the subnets AND be independent.

(Perhaps the testbed objectives are a bit different than a typical production network).

I am imagining adding a couple of NICs so there will be:

A NIC for the Hyper-V manager.

A NIC for each of the subnets.

JEIMY RAFAELLOVERA DAHUAS, May 23, 2022
  3. How to route between two subnets in Windows 10 Hyper-V VMs?

Hi All,

I had installed Hyper-V feature in my Windows 10 laptop. Next i create 2 VMs (W2k12R2) with each VM using different subnet.

VM1 - 192.168.1.0/24

VM2 - 192.168.2.0/24

Objective: As the subnets are different, I want both VMs to communicate with each other. Hoping any of you can help to achieve my objective.

Look forward to your help...

alisampras, May 23, 2022
  4. Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets

Windows firewall block comunication to another subnet

Hi Michal,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• How exactly have you setup the network connection between the different computers?
    • Do you have server Operating System in the network? Are you using a home network?

I suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article to about internet related issues and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues:

Fix Wi-Fi connection issues in Windows

Please get back to us with an update on issue with connecting to other subnet network, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets

1. Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets - Similar Threads - Establishment connection between

2. Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory DNS - Queries from different IP subnet.: Hi, I have an active directory 172.16.44.0/23 with the DNS service active DNS 172.16.45.254, which works without problems, however if I create a new zone and try to resolve from another subnet 192.168.0.0/23 the error Non-Existen domain does not work. Using the same equipment...
  3. Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Establishment of connection between 2 VMs from different subnets: I want to access DB server of a azure VM 1 situated on a subnet 1, resource group 1 from azure VM 2 situated on a subnet 2, resource group 2 , what appropriate steps should I take ?...
  4. Connection not established

Connection not established: Hi,I have a problem with internet connection on my Windows 10 computer. On Ethernet icon right bottom I havemessage "Connection not established no available connections" but Internet working,The computer is on the domain and network settings are entered. The problem is with...
  5. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection not established: Hi,I have a problem with internet connection on my Windows 10 computer. On Ethernet icon right bottom I havemessage "Connection not established no available connections" but Internet working,The computer is on the domain and network settings are entered. The problem is with...
  6. Connection not established

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Access Drive on Different Subnet

Access Drive on Different Subnet: Hello. I have a Western Digital drive that needs to exist on a separate VLAN from my desktop computer. The drive is on subnet 1, the desktop is on subnet 2. The router appears to be configured correctly, since I can successfully ping the drive from the desktop, and can access...
  8. Access Drive on Different Subnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Drive on Different Subnet: Hello. I have a Western Digital drive that needs to exist on a separate VLAN from my desktop computer. The drive is on subnet 1, the desktop is on subnet 2. The router appears to be configured correctly, since I can successfully ping the drive from the desktop, and can access...
  9. what is the difference between these 2 examples

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between these 2 examples: whea_uncorrectable_error bsod is an indication of a hardware problem take for example these 2 people who got that bsod:- 1) person aaa - aaa is getting that bsod multiple times in the same day and it can happen randomly when the pc is being used, when it's being shut down,...
  10. connecting between 2 pc's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connecting between 2 pc's: I have 2 pc's. A win 10 and a win 7. They both can see each other but reject any attempts to login. I type in my username and password. Nothing. I assume those are my 'Network Credentials'. I don't even want to think about my old little XP laptop. WTF? Thanks. 70672