Windows 10: etd.sys elan input device BSOD

Discus and support etd.sys elan input device BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Have been having this issue for some time now. Steps i have taken : -Went back to the reseller to get it check -they claim it was a "software"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rong53, Jan 2, 2016.

1. rong53 Win User

etd.sys elan input device BSOD

Have been having this issue for some time now. Steps i have taken :

-Went back to the reseller to get it check
    -they claim it was a "software" issue and advised me to reformat my laptop which; didnt work

-Went back to the reseller again
    -they claim it was a "software" issue that windows 8 was having with a select few users(which boggles my mind but anyway..) and advised me to update to windows 10(which sucks but am now stuck with); didnt work

-Updated the driver with different version, they all crash

-Tried to uninstall the driver altogether; it would keep coming back from somewhere

-Tried to stop elan tech software from launching at startup hoping it would do something; didnt work

side note: i am using the latest version of the driver my reseller provides
    the worst part is that i have no clue when it will happen so that i can save my work
    at this point im willing to smash my touch pad in and tape over it.

:)

rong53, Jan 2, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

Debugging intermittent BSOD issue

The driver that appears to be causing the crash is the ETD.sys :

BugCheck D1, {ffffda9791eb706c, 2, 1, fffff809eecf50ac}

Probably caused by : ETD.sys ( ETD+50ac )

The
    ETD.sys
    is the Elan Touchpad driver.

Can you double-click the Elan device in the Device Manager > Driver

What is the "Driver Version"?

auggy, Jan 2, 2016
  3. Adam1810 Win User
    Windows 10 issue - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys)

Hi,

Just got a new laptop with Windows 10 installed and I keep getting the BSOD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys)

It seems that it's an issue with the ELAN touchpad driver. I've updated using the driver disc and also downloaded from the manufacturers website but I'm still getting the BSOD.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Adam1810, Jan 2, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi rong53,

Welcome to the 10forums.

I'd like to check a few things for you, but I need to know who the manufacturer is. I believe it is Clevo?
    Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

etd.sys elan input device BSOD [​IMG]

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Alcohol 120% and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Alcohol 120%
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

axe0, Jan 2, 2016
  5. rong53 Win User
    I do not believe i know the actual manufacturer, i bought from a reseller that buys the actual part for build to order.

thanks

rong53, Jan 3, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    From where/what do you install the drivers?

axe0, Jan 3, 2016
  7. rong53 Win User
    rong53, Jan 3, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Is Alcohol 120% already removed?

You uninstalled the drivers and, rebooted so Windows installs the drivers? installed the drivers from the reseller?

axe0, Jan 3, 2016
  9. rong53 Win User
    i no longer have alcohol 120.
    As for the driver, every time that i uninstall it, it would come back when i reboot albeit at an older(default?) version. i believe the driver is from windows update, i have seen windows trying to update elan tech driver.

rong53, Jan 4, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
  11. rong53 Win User
    i will test and report back soon..ish thanks. i can also confirm that it is indeed a clevo product.

edit: i have managed to uninstall the touchpad driver, however i can now no longer disable the touchpad which is a tad annoying. i will reinstall the reseller's version of the driver and see how things go. It could take up to a week before i encounter the BSOD again, i will update when appropriate.

rong53, Jan 5, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Take the time you need, no rush *Smile

13. rong53 Win User

Here are the new dmp files for the most recent BSOD

rong53, Jan 6, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please remove Alcohol 120%
    Code: Start Menu\Programs\Alcohol 120%[/quote]

15. rong53 Win User
    i was quite sure i removed it, wasnt in my add or remove program last i checked

edit: that is a short cut in the start menu to alcohol 120, apparently the uninstaller didnt remove the folder in the start menu. the short cut reference to alcohol that is already removed

rong53, Jan 7, 2016
Thema:

1. etd.sys elan input device BSOD - Similar Threads - etd sys elan

2. Touchpad not working, Elan Input Device Code 45

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad not working, Elan Input Device Code 45: My laptop touchpad has been having issues. First, I'll notice the mouse cursor being slow or laggy/glitchy, then it will just completely stop working and I'll get Code 45: currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. I've tried uninstalling elan input...
  3. Touchpad not working, Elan Input Device Code 45

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not working, Elan Input Device Code 45: My laptop touchpad has been having issues. First, I'll notice the mouse cursor being slow or laggy/glitchy, then it will just completely stop working and I'll get Code 45: currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. I've tried uninstalling elan input...
  4. Elan Touchpad and Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Elan Touchpad and Device Manager: I have a Windows 10 Laptop Today I removed device or disabled touchpad on Elan Toucpad, after this i could still use the touchpad so I went to device manager and disabled it there Now on my home screen i cannot see my cursor and when i click nothing happens. cannot get...
  5. ETD Properties: Unable to connect the ELAN Touching Device Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ETD Properties: Unable to connect the ELAN Touching Device Driver: Hello, When installing drivers for my ELAN trackpad, I don't see the ETD control panel in my computer. I have included information that may help in resolving this issue below. Note that the subject of this question is from theETD Properties section. My computer Lenovo...
  6. Etd. Sys failed please help me in this

in Windows 10 Customization
    Etd. Sys failed please help me in this: Hi, I just have a query related to system thread exception not handle error code etd.sys..... Please help me in this query and provide suitable solution to my query please......
  7. ETD HSA DEVICE (Human Interface Devices)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ETD HSA DEVICE (Human Interface Devices): There is a yellow exclamation mark on the ETD HSA Device (under Human interface Devices). The device is updated and up to date according to windows. I have no idea what is this or how to fix it. Appreciate any help. submitted by /u/crownforces [link] [comments]...
  8. BSOD L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD L1C63x64.sys: Heya guys, this is my first post here *Smile. I just had like 3 or 4 BSODs in these last two days, never had any. I just updated my Atheros 8151 PCI-e driver from Network adapter->properties->update driver. I'm not sure if it is the cause, so I used the tool and attached...
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys

BSOD tdr_failure_igdkmd64.sys: I have been encountering this error frequently when running games, mostly World of Tanks and the World of Warships beta test. I ALWAYS get this error whenever I accidentally bump the windows key on my laptop in game. If I am at the port or garage screen with all my ships,...