Windows 10: Eternal blues – Stats explained SMB v1 EternalBlue vulnerability

Discus and support Eternal blues – Stats explained SMB v1 EternalBlue vulnerability in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The Server Message Block version 1 (SMBv1), Is a network file-sharing protocol that was created in 1983 at IBM and made its way into Windows in 1992.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sml156, Aug 7, 2017.

1. sml156 Win User

Eternal blues – Stats explained SMB v1 EternalBlue vulnerability

The Server Message Block version 1 (SMBv1), Is a network file-sharing protocol that was created in 1983 at IBM and made its way into Windows in 1992. Microsoft later expanded the protocol and renamed its implementation CIFS, short for the Common Internet File System. It's no surprize that 25 years later it's being abused most notably by ransomware attacks.

This is where security researcher Elad Erez comes in who wrote and released a free tool in June of 2017 that anyone could use to scan a subnet and identify vulnerable devices with the click of a simple .exe program, No installation required.
    June | 2017 | Omerez

His tool collects anonymous info that uses Google Analytics to collect anonymized usage data. Collected information includes the number of scanned computers and the number of vulnerable computers found per scan. Erez says the tool doesn't collect hostname information, IP addresses, or any other personal data.

He has updated his site with his findings:
    Eternal Blues stats explained | Omerez
    TenForums users who would like see if any device on their network is vulnerable can download the tool directly from this link.
    http://omerez.com/repository/EternalBlues.exe

:)

sml156, Aug 7, 2017
  2. Andre Da Costa, Aug 7, 2017
  3. Windows 10 November Update - cannot see other network devices

Any update on this please?

For now I disabled SMB v2 using

sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi

sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled

so I'm using SMB v1 for now as a temporary fix which works...

sammyke007, Aug 7, 2017
Thema:

Eternal blues – Stats explained SMB v1 EternalBlue vulnerability

1. Eternal blues – Stats explained SMB v1 EternalBlue vulnerability - Similar Threads - Eternal blues –

2. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  3. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  4. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?: I had to enable this for my old NAS to work. What are the security risks and is there another workaround that is safer? win10 pro 19041.508 165371
  6. Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?

in Windows 10 Support
    Need SMB V1 enabled for my NAS - Risks/workarounds?: I had to enable this for my old NAS to work. What are the security risks and is there another workaround that is safer? win10 pro 19041.508 165371
  7. Help me, by explaining these stats.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me, by explaining these stats.: [ATTACH] I read in a post on this platform that we can check HDD health. so here are my HDD health results, I don't know if they are bad or GOOD. help me here. HDD health submitted by /u/hassanbashir5 [link] [comments]...
  8. MICROSOFT!!! FIX ETERNALBLUE!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MICROSOFT!!! FIX ETERNALBLUE!!!: Microsoft! There is an exploit that WannaCryptor uses to infect computers! Please fix that hole! By other/unknown i mean basically all systems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-fix-eternalblue/7ee00815-f94c-4abd-a02c-17ba0ec06702
  9. SMB v1

SMB v1: How do I enable SMB v1 on my windows 10 computers Please,, plain english Thanks for any help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb-v1/f4c8d9ed-2619-4225-b5d1-471592fbd837"
  10. How do I get SMB v1

How do I get SMB v1: How do I get into the "power shell " to get SMB v1 to work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-smb-v1/3e273643-c015-4f85-8300-f017925e1b8f"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stats about smb v1