Windows 10: Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet"

Discus and support Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been using Wi fi for my internet connection with no problem. However, after not using the ethernet connection for a long time, I just tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JayNewsome, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet"

I've been using Wi fi for my internet connection with no problem. However, after not using the ethernet connection for a long time, I just tried to use the ethernet connection and it indicates "no internet."

I would like to be able to switch the connection to the wired connection for some purposes. How can I fix the "no internet" issue with the ethernet adapter?

I have version 2004 of Windows 10 and the adapter is an ASIX AX88772B USB 2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter.

:)

JayNewsome, Oct 14, 2020
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet adapter connection shows  "no internet" [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Internet Connection

• Community

I was not able to work on this issue yesterday ( busy for a 90 year old). This evening I was able to take the steps that were suggested in your email.

When I use “Device Manager” I click “ Network Adapters” I see “ Wifi” but not Eternet in this list. On the “Settings” I click “Wifi” which shows the “On' button.
    I click” Show available networks”. I wanted to capture the page that is shown, but it will not show. The top line is Network ( connected) but course I have the Ethernet cable connected. Also showing Is Five “ Broadband connections” At the bottom is
    “ Network and Internet settings” I hope for your continued help.

georgefrtsch, Oct 14, 2020
  4. Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet"

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

I tried both of these solutions (have same problem, but to expand, my wireless doesn't connect to the internet either), and neither worked. Have intel AC 7260 wireless, and Atheros AR81g1 Ethernet (NDIS 6.30). Hope someone comes up with a solution soon. Windows 10 has been working....well, OK, for about a year on my personal laptop. My system bricked when I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary edition. Had backup on 2TB external drive. I installed clean windows 10, and all worked fine, including internet access on both wireless and ethernet, but needed to reinstall from my backup because of a lot of programs, and data there. Backup was about a month old (yeah, I know, backup more frequently). After a successful backup, I again attempted to install anniversary update. This time it installed successfully, and all appeared good until I tried to access the internet. Now my case is per above. Can't access from either Ethernet or wireless. It connects fine to my router (which I'm connected to on my company laptop right now), but it will NOT connect to the internet. HELP!!

JoeBobFellow, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet"

1. Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet" - Similar Threads - Ethernet adapter connection

2. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  3. Ethernet connected but showing no internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connected but showing no internet: Ethernet wire is connected but showing no internet please help to connect internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-but-showing-no-internet/b9274f08-b1d0-4266-a939-f5fa01993508
  4. Windows showing as not connected to internet, despite showing being connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows showing as not connected to internet, despite showing being connected to ethernet: For a while, Windows 10 has shown it is not connected to the internet, even though I can access the internet and it shows I am connected to an ethernet cable. Because of this, I cannot update the computer, as it says it cannot check for updates because it isn't connected to...
  5. Windows showing as not connected to internet, despite showing being connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows showing as not connected to internet, despite showing being connected to ethernet: For a while, Windows 10 has shown it is not connected to the internet, even though I can access the internet and it shows I am connected to an ethernet cable. Because of this, I cannot update the computer, as it says it cannot check for updates because it isn't connected to...
  6. Windows showing as not connected to internet, despite showing being connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Ethernet showing not connected but internet still working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet showing not connected but internet still working.: Hi all. Recently had a string of BSOD's on start up, but once im onton the desktop, it works fine. I decided to do a fresh install of windows while keeping my personal files. All this went smoothly, but once i was logged in, i couldn't use the update service, Microsoft...
  8. WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi and Ethernet are connected but showing "No Internet": Hello, I have updated my Thinkpad E570 with Windows May 2020 update. Since that update, I am getting "No Internet" message for my WiFi and Ethernet connection though I am always connected to the internet. Because of this issue, I am unable to remote desktop my home PC. I am...
  9. Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem

Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem: Hi, First, let me say I am using my wife's laptop computer to ask for help. System Info below is for my desktop computer, where my problem lies. The computer is a Dell XPS720 and I just re-installed Windows 10 for the 3rd time. I have 4 hard drives (2 SSD and 2 WD1tb...
  10. Private Ethernet Adapter not showing up in Internet Connection Sharing Home networking...

Private Ethernet Adapter not showing up in Internet Connection Sharing Home networking...: Hi, I am trying to share my LAN Ethernet adapter with VMs in Hyper-V. When I go to the sharing tab of the Ethernet Adapter, my connection does not show up under Home networking connection: Select a private network connection. The connection is private. What is wrong?...