Windows 10: ethernet adapter is disabled on my desktop computer help

Discus and support ethernet adapter is disabled on my desktop computer help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; can anyone help me to enable my Ethernet adapter on my new desktop computer? my lease is up. I didn't know I leased anything when I bought this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alisonrisko, Sep 21, 2020.

1. ethernet adapter is disabled on my desktop computer help

can anyone help me to enable my Ethernet adapter on my new desktop computer? my lease is up. I didn't know I leased anything when I bought this computer. thanks

windows 10

:)

alisonrisko, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create the Ethernet shortcut on your desktop, you can follow the step provided below.

Step: Create Ethernet shortcut on the desktop.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Type in ncpa.cpl
      and hit enter.
    3. You will see all your network adapter.
    4. Right click on your desired adapter and click on
      Create Shortcut and allow the prompt.
    5. Or you can drag and drop the network adapter on the desktop that will create a shortcut too.
    6. You can now right on the shortcut on your desktop and disable and enable internet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 21, 2020
  3. ethernet adapter is disabled on my desktop computer help

can anyone help me to enable my Ethernet adapter on my new desktop computer? my lease is up. I didn't know I leased anything when I bought this computer. thanks

windows 10

alisonrisko, Sep 21, 2020
  4. rez001 Win User

ethernet adapter is disabled on my desktop computer help

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

ethernet adapter is disabled on my desktop computer help [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

ethernet adapter is disabled on my desktop computer help

1. ethernet adapter is disabled on my desktop computer help - Similar Threads - ethernet adapter disabled

2. Where is my ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my ethernet adapter: I am now connected to the Internet through a Wi-Fi adapter. I used to be connected through a wired ethernet connection. When I go to Device Manager, I see under Network Adapters, Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller with a little yellow triangle. When I click on Properties, I...
  3. Disable Ethernet adapter power management while allowing device to wake computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Ethernet adapter power management while allowing device to wake computer: Windows 11 greys out the "Allow device to wake computer" option when the "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power option is checked." I'm looking to keep the ethernet controller powered at all times and allow wake on LAN after extended shut down periods. The...
  4. Disable Ethernet adapter power management while allowing device to wake computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Ethernet adapter power management while allowing device to wake computer: Windows 11 greys out the "Allow device to wake computer" option when the "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power option is checked." I'm looking to keep the ethernet controller powered at all times and allow wake on LAN after extended shut down periods. The...
  5. Ethernet Adapter Problem with my Mom's Desktop Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Adapter Problem with my Mom's Desktop Computer: The Ethernet Adapter on my mother's Acer Aspire AXC-603G-UW12 Desktop is always malfunctioning for at least once a day. I have to go in, run the troubleshooter to get it to connect to the internet again. This computer is hardwired to the modem via Ethernet. I have attached a...
  6. Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely

Virtualisation disables ethernet adapter completely: When I am enabling virtualisation support from Programs and Features, my Ethernet adapter no longer shows up in adapter options. I have checked device manager, where the adapter seems to show an error, with a Code-48. I have tried all possible fixes for the Code-48 error but...
  7. My ethernet adapters driver was uninstalled please help

My ethernet adapters driver was uninstalled please help: My ethernet is not working when i ran the checker it stated that the adapter had the wrong ip it said to check the modem and or the router so i reset both and the issue is still there i then looked it up online and most sites said to uninstall the device but in doing so i...
  8. HELP, ethernet adapter missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP, ethernet adapter missing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PankrazhioArt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eb5lid/help_ethernet_adapter_missing/
  9. (Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling"

(Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling": Hello, This may be a hardware issue, but I figure I'd start here. I've had multiple instances where Users here will take their laptops home (Lenovo T480s Thinkpad) and upon return to the office, and inserting the laptop back into it's docking station, the Ethernet...
  10. Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create Ethernet adapter shortcut on the desktop.: your article on how to put an ethernet shortcut on the desktop to allow the ability to easily turn the web connection on and off was a beauty. Been trying for days to find out how to do it. ***Title Modified Original: not a question***...