Windows 10: Ethernet Adapter looses connectivity after PC enters Sleep Mode

Discus and support Ethernet Adapter looses connectivity after PC enters Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently upgraded to a new PC. When PC wakes from sleep the internet is initially disabled and I have to wait for it to come back on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ranger133x, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Ethernet Adapter looses connectivity after PC enters Sleep Mode

Hi,

I recently upgraded to a new PC. When PC wakes from sleep the internet is initially disabled and I have to wait for it to come back on.

Furthermore, when the PC sleeps I loose all power to my USB devices, and cannot wake the PC with the mouse or keyboard. I must press the power button on the computer to wake it.

This keyboard and mouse would "wake" my old PC. Why do they not wake this one? Why does my internet disable? I believe these two issues are related.

Please help. Thank you.

:)

Ranger133x, Dec 31, 2018
  2. xtal01 Win User

loosing ethernet connection on sleep

Soooo ... I have read a lot of posts on this subject but still not found an answer.

I have 4 computers networked together .... two windows 7 units, one linux unit and one windows 10 unit.

The problem is with the windows 10 unit.

When it goes to sleep, I loose my Ethernet connection.

I can actually watch on the other computers as the unit drops off the network (and out of the homegroup).

This means I can not talk to. There is no way of waking it up.

I need to walk over to it and actually wake it up ... then I see it come back up on the network.

Great unless I am in the shop rather than the house and I need to walk over to the house to wake it up.

I did all the things suggested including going into the Device Manager and making sure
    1) that I have "allow the computer to turn off this device" ... not checked
    2) "wake on magic packet" ... enabled
    3) "wake on pattern match" ... enabled

Still when it goes to sleep, I loose the connection.

So, I now tell the computer not to sleep .... enter "never" in both "sleep" under power and sleep and "never" under sleep in the "additional power settings".

The problem is, now my hard driver never sleeps!

Even if I have not used the computer for several hours, it is still spinning and the light flashes about once every 10 seconds.

My problem is, I can't believe it is good for the drive to run 24/7!

When I had it in sleep mode, saw (and could hear) that the drive stopped .... did not run for most of the day since I only use my computer for a hour or two at most each day.

Now the drive is running all the time. I assume it will fail a lot sooner doing this.

So, what am I missing?

Is there some setting in Windows 10 where I can tell the computer .... or more correctly the hard drive .... to shut down without loosing the Ethernet connection so that I can access this computer on the network when I want to?

Thanks so much ...... Mike

xtal01, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Ryan94 Win User
    Loosing Ethernet Only When my PC Goes To Sleep

Okay so I stated, I keep loosing Ethernet Connection ONLY when my PC goes to sleep for Example: (I leave my PC on and go somewhere for about an hour or something the PC goes to sleep mode after 30 minutes) so every time this happens I loose my Ethernet Connection... but it always comes back about 5 minutes after it wakes up, it acts as if the Ethernet gets un plugged during it's "Sleep Period" and then when I move the mouse or something the Ethernet is gone but I have noticed almost as if the Ethernet Connection is asleep and comes on after the PC wakes up if that makes any sense.

Hopefully I posted this in the Correct place on this Forum.

Ryan94, Dec 31, 2018
  4. vgchat Win User

Ethernet Adapter looses connectivity after PC enters Sleep Mode

loosing ethernet connection on sleep

Set how many minutes to wait before making your HDD sleep.

Ethernet Adapter looses connectivity after PC enters Sleep Mode [​IMG]

vgchat, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet Adapter looses connectivity after PC enters Sleep Mode

1. Ethernet Adapter looses connectivity after PC enters Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Ethernet Adapter looses

2. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  3. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  4. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC won't connect to Ethernet after waking up from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC won't connect to Ethernet after waking up from Sleep mode: I've got a custom build Win10 PC using Intel. Lately, every time I wake my computer up from being in sleep mode, it'll go through about 30 seconds to 2 minute process of going back and forth between showing I have internet access, to showing I have no ethernet plugged in, to...
  6. PC won't connect to Ethernet after waking up from Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't connect to Ethernet after waking up from Sleep mode: I've got a custom build Win10 PC using Intel. Lately, every time I wake my computer up from being in sleep mode, it'll go through about 30 seconds to 2 minute process of going back and forth between showing I have internet access, to showing I have no ethernet plugged in, to...
  7. Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection

Sleep mode disabling ethernet connection: Hi,For the past few months, sleep mode has been disabling the ethernet connection on two PCs both connected to the same router through wired ethernet connection. A simple disable/enable on ethernet in the network connections settings page re-enables the connection. Display...
  8. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...
  9. PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode.

PC ethernet shuts off when pc enters sleep mode.: Recently my ethernet connection from desktop to the router shuts off whenever the pc enters sleep mode, or if I power it down. Never used to do this. Tried changing the power mgt settings for the Reattec controller device manager but no luck. Work-around is to never enter...
  10. loosing ethernet connection on sleep

loosing ethernet connection on sleep: Soooo ... I have read a lot of posts on this subject but still not found an answer. I have 4 computers networked together .... two windows 7 units, one linux unit and one windows 10 unit. The problem is with the windows 10 unit. When it goes to sleep, I loose my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ethernet and usb device disabled after sleep

2. ethernet sleep setting in windows pc