Windows 10: Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem

Discus and support Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I bought a Gigabyte network adapter to improve speed and quality of my internet on my pc. Installed the updated drivers for it. I get this red X on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Manis, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem

I bought a Gigabyte network adapter to improve speed and quality of my internet on my pc. Installed the updated drivers for it. I get this red X on the network ethernet adapter info on my computer that says ethernet cable disconnected when in fact it is connected and getting internet. I get the same thing with my onboard ethernet port. I have Windows 10 Home and have a feeling it may have something to do with the operating system. Still have problems with 10. I did trouble shoot and just says ethernet cable unplugged but it's connect on either one I use with internet service fine but I'm not getting the full performance from my gigabyte card or even the mobo. Anyone have any idea what is wrong? Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem 5aee2e15-14ef-4063-8637-bfeed69f3c93?upload=true.jpg

:)

John Manis, Jul 16, 2020

2. Windows 10: ethernet adapter problem (HooToo)

Dear Community,

I have a Lenovo Yoga 13, and am using a HooToo HT-UE01 USB Hub / ethernet adapter to connect to the internet through the USB 3 port of the laptop. Since my Windows 10 upgrade, the ethernet capability has stopped functioning properly (the USB ports are fine).
    If the laptop ever sleeps and is reactivated, or if the laptop is shut down and rebooted, then the ethernet adapter stops working.

When this happens the ethernet adapter vanishes from the Device Manager. To solve the problem I have to disable the USB port (which, strangely, doesn't disable the devices plugged into that port), then enable it, which makes the ethernet adapter appear in
    the Device Manager. Then I have to disable and enable the ethernet adapter, and the problem is solved.

Of course, I do not want to have to do this every time my laptop reactivates, and I had no problem on Windows 8.1.

I have taken the following steps so far with no luck:

• Uninstalled and updated the driver for the HooToo UE01 (Windows 8.1 driver is the most up to date available).
    • Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver of the USB 3.0 port from Lenovo.
    • Just in case, uninstalled and reinstalled the RealTek wifi adapter drivers from Lenovo, in case there was cross talk.

Kind Regards,

James

JamesMillen, Jul 16, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem

ETHERNET PORT

I understand that you were not able to connect both Ethernet port and LAN Adapter, have you tried another Ethernet port or cable? If you haven't, please try to use another one to test if the problem is on the port or the Ethernet cable.

Default_912, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem

1. Ethernet Adapter/mobo Port Problem - Similar Threads - Ethernet Adapter mobo

2. Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port: So occasionally my laptop HP something...2023 model will randomly disconnect from the Internet and says no network available. This time, it disconnected and I disabled my wifi adapter to re enable it. The adapter disappeared, now I can't connect to any network, and I just...
  3. Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port: So occasionally my laptop HP something...2023 model will randomly disconnect from the Internet and says no network available. This time, it disconnected and I disabled my wifi adapter to re enable it. The adapter disappeared, now I can't connect to any network, and I just...
  4. USB port stopped supporting USB hub / ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port stopped supporting USB hub / ethernet adapter: Hello, I have a USB hub/ethernet-adapter I have been using that recently stopped functioning in one of the USB ports of my laptop. It does not show up, it does not load the driver, it is unusable. The mouse and keyboard I have used in the hub work in the same port, ruling...
  5. Router Ethernet Port problem.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  6. Problem with driver for ethernet and wireless adapter

Problem with driver for ethernet and wireless adapter: I have already tried a lot of fixes. I disabled and the enabled the drives in device management, I have uninstalled the software and restarted the pc, and I even tried to update the drivers from a USB. This started after I went onto my omen command center its an hp omen...
  7. Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem

Lost Internet Connection - Ethernet Adapter Problem: Hi, First, let me say I am using my wife's laptop computer to ask for help. System Info below is for my desktop computer, where my problem lies. The computer is a Dell XPS720 and I just re-installed Windows 10 for the 3rd time. I have 4 hard drives (2 SSD and 2 WD1tb...
  8. Ethernet lan port problem

Ethernet lan port problem: Hello, I have just installed windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro. The problem is that my Ethernet connection from my router used to work just fine on windows 7 and i have also tested it on another computer and it works fine also. My router is a ZTE ZXHN H108N Series and shows a...
  9. Ethernet adapter big problem

Ethernet adapter big problem: Hi guys, I have big problem for internet connection. I have cable internet (Tv and internet share same cable) but when I turn on my PC icon for connection is with yellow sign (identifying network) or with red sign (cable is unplugged). They periodically blinking (first yellow...
  10. Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter

Problem with driver for Ethernet and Wi-Fi Adapter: I have been using windows 10 for past few months. Internet was working fine with both Ethernet and Wi-Fi till yesterday. Today when I turned on Laptop , both of them stopped working. Problems found by Troubleshooter : * there might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi...