Windows 10: Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection

Discus and support Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Brand new computer, has a Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller. My computer will never recognize that I have plugged in ethernet unless I restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cunner_21, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Cunner_21 Win User

Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection

Brand new computer, has a Killer E2500 Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

My computer will never recognize that I have plugged in ethernet unless I restart the computer with Ethernet plugged in.

Running on the latest driver.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks.

:)

Cunner_21, Dec 22, 2020
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Dec 22, 2020
  3. KettlyV Win User
    Ethernet Adapter Won't Recognize Ethernet Cable

We have a Dell all in one touch screen computer and we want to connect our modem to it. However I noticed that the connection icon on the right bottom hand side doesn't indicate that there is a wired connection.

So I went to the network adapters page and it says "network cable unplugged" even though the ethernet cable is in there. I thought the ethernet cable might be the problem even though it was working fine for the other computer. So we switched it out and the
    computer still won't recognize that an ethernet cord has been plugged in.

Then I used my mobile hotspot to install the latest driver for the ethernet port and it installed. The driver date went from 4/2/2015 to 5/2/2015. I restarted the computer and tried both ethernet cords again and same result. So then to be sure it was the
    computer I put the ethernet linking the modem to my laptop and my laptop recognized the wired connection.

So it's not the cords or the modem, it's the computer. But I can't figure out how to fix it and I find it hard to believe that this is a hardware problem given that this computer is fairly new.

The OS is Windows 10 and the Ethernet Adapter says Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.

Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection 16558d5e-09da-4ad2-83a3-f2c852a31a25.png

If our computer can't recognize ethernet cords we can't use our modem...

KettlyV, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection

My ethernet adapter is named "Ethernet 2" and there's already a device named "Ethernet"?

Hi Bhargav,

Thanks for your suggestion. I ran your file as an administrator and the only "net" device listed was a Hyper-V networking adapter that appears to not be currently connected. I've already been able to confirm that the Hyper-V adapter does not have the name
    of "Ethernet".

Any other ideas?

Jacob Simone, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection

1. Ethernet Adapter Not recognizing connection - Similar Threads - Ethernet Adapter recognizing

2. Ethernet adapter is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet adapter is not recognized: Hi, I have a ky-688 lan-usb adapter with usb hub, the hub is working with no problems, but since yesterday the adapter is not recognized or sounds constantly plug in and plug out notification.I tried with other lan cable and a pc with lan port, but the problem is only with...
  3. Ethernet connection not recognized on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ethernet connection not recognized on PC: I'm connected by ethernet to my PC but have no internet. Had to turn on wireless to type this message. My ethernet is not showing up anywhere, not under settings, not in change adapter settings. I was just working from it today and the all of a sudden it went out. I've...
  4. Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection: Last night 12.2.21 Windows worked well. It wanted to install some updates, which I allowed as "Update and shutdown" Today Windows didn't boot. A number of automated repairs attempts failed do they ever succeed?. I reinstalled it from a USB drive. version from 9.1.2020...
  5. New Ethernet Adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Ethernet Adapter not connecting: [img] The new Ethernet Adapter --Greatangle Multiple USB-C USB 3.1 Type C to USB RJ45 Ethernet Lan Adapter -- which arrived yesterday via EBAY after many weeks, is not working. Before I enter into the return / replace / refund procedures I would like to have confirmation...
  6. Ethernet not recognized

Ethernet not recognized: I have had this happen twice now first time I dont know how i fixed it. I'm running: Windows 10 Pro x64 Intel i5-7600k Asus 1060 3gb My computer is not recognizing that my ethernet cable is plugged in. It's a brand new cable, I've done all the troubleshooting that I...
  7. Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet"

Ethernet adapter connection shows "no internet": I've been using Wi fi for my internet connection with no problem. However, after not using the ethernet connection for a long time, I just tried to use the ethernet connection and it indicates "no internet." I would like to be able to switch the connection to the wired...
  8. Ethernet to usb adapter connection issue

Ethernet to usb adapter connection issue: Hello everyone, My laptop is lenovo yoga 2 pro and it doesn't have an ethernet port so I bought an adapter that is one side usb (connect to the laptop) and the other side accepts regular ethernet cable that is connected to the router, at the start everything works fine for...
  9. Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters

Ethernet Connection and Network Adapters: Hello, I am having trouble getting a stable ethernet connection to my laptop. I have a USB adapter port and when I connect the ethernet cord to the port, nothing happens. But, I know the port and the cable are working fine because I tried on my roommate's computer and...
  10. Windows 10 Won't Recognize Ethernet Connection

Windows 10 Won't Recognize Ethernet Connection: Hello everyone, I bought my brand new HP laptop today and have just begun setting it up. This is a brand new laptop running Windows 10. I tried to connect my working Ethernet cable to the computer and it won't recognize it at all. I have tried turning off Wifi, downloading...