Windows 10: Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins

Discus and support Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this issue. The issue occurring is that the ethernet adaptor will completely drop out, leaving me without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Groggubus, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Groggubus Win User

Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins

Hi, I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this issue.

The issue occurring is that the ethernet adaptor will completely drop out, leaving me without network/internet access. Its only affects my windows 10 pro PC, all other devices in the house are unaffected.

This problem occurs randomly, sometimes during PC use, sometimes after periods of inactivity.

Sometimes the problem won't occur for hours. Other times its happens consecutively upon restarts.

When this problem occurs I'm forced to restart my PC to reactive the Ethernet adaptor.

However, the restart process can hang on the "restarting" screen for 5-10 mins, and sometimes BSOD itself.

I've tried a Windows 10 reset through advanced recovery options, that helped for 2 days. However the problem has reoccurred.

I was thinking it must be something ive installed recently, and have tried removing things with revo uninstaller.

I'm Also thinking maybe the mother board is packing it in? as i cant access EUFI through a USB keyboard, it only responds to PS/2.

I've updated the EUFI to the latest firmware.

However, it made no difference to accessing it via USB. UEFI seems to work correctly. The motherboard in question is a Asrock Z87 Extreme 6, my cpu is a 4770 and i have 16 GB DDR 3.

The motherboard has two intel ethernet ports. Both suffer the same issue.

Trying to update the ethernet port or rollback the driver causes the problem to happen instantenously.

Im running Windows 10 PRO Version 1909 OS Build 18363.592.

:)

Groggubus, Jan 16, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 16, 2020
  3. win10 eithernet dropping and complete disingauging

Hi Walter,

I apologies for the delay in response.

I suggest you to uninstalling and reinstalling the network adaptor drivers and check. Follow the methods provided below.

Method 1: uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Follow the steps provided, to uninstall and reinstall the
    network adaptor driver.

• Press Windows logo + X key.
    • Click on device manager.
    • Select the network adaptor.
    • Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
    • After the uninstalling the drivers restart the computer. This should automatically install proper drivers for it.

If the issue still persist, follow method 2.

Method 2: Remove ghost/hidden device drives.

To remove ghost/hidden device drives from device manager follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows key + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • In device manager Windows click on View.
    • Check on show hidden drivers.
    • Remove all the hidden drivers.
    Now uninstall the Wireless drivers and restart the computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to download the latest network adaptor drives from the manufacture’s website and check.

If you are facing any difficulty in download and installing the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website, provide us the make and model number of your laptop. We will assist you in downloading the latest drivers.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins

Wifi Adaptor and Ethernet not working

Neither my Wifi Adaptor nor my Ethernet can connect to the internet. When I enable the Wifi Adaptor, it will connect to the internet for a brief second, before auto-disabling itself again. The same thing happens for the Ethernet connection. I have tried
    restarting my desktop, uninstalling both the wifi adaptor as well as the ethernet connector device, typing all sorts of random codes to reset (idk what, but pretty much everything on the net). Also, it's odd but my wifi adaptor and ethernet does not disable
    itself UNTIL the moment my computer connects to the wifi. If not connected to the wifi, I am able to see the wifis in the surrounding areas (of course it immediately switches off when I connect to my home wifi).

I am using Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802. 11b|g|n Wifi Adaptor and a Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller. My computer is a ACPI x4-based PC

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Tham Yi Rei, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins

1. Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins - Similar Threads - Ethernet Adaptor Completely

2. Ethernet dropping out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet dropping out: Hello, I have had another discussion complaining about my Ethernet dropping out completely and randomly for a couple seconds whenever I play games. Well as it turns out, after some more digging and coincidental moments, I discovered that my ethernet just disconnects randomly...
  3. Ethernet dropping out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet dropping out: Hello, I have had another discussion complaining about my Ethernet dropping out completely and randomly for a couple seconds whenever I play games. Well as it turns out, after some more digging and coincidental moments, I discovered that my ethernet just disconnects randomly...
  4. Ethernet dropping out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet drops out completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet drops out completely: Hope someone will be able to help!!My laptop internet has recently started about 2 weeks ago dropping out completely. On restarting/reconnecting to the wi-fi I am able to get a speed of 20mb/s. While running the speed test, it drops out to 1mb/s or sometimes to nothing where...
  6. Internet drops out completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet drops out completely: Hope someone will be able to help!!My laptop internet has recently started about 2 weeks ago dropping out completely. On restarting/reconnecting to the wi-fi I am able to get a speed of 20mb/s. While running the speed test, it drops out to 1mb/s or sometimes to nothing where...
  7. Internet drops out completely

8. connecting some times takes 10min to connect

in Browsers and Email
    connecting some times takes 10min to connect: When searching for a web site on goggle win 10 what is all this stuff i see when connecting some times takes 10min to connect ADVER-4 DOUBLE CHECK CACHE CONNECTING ADNVX US CRETIA AD FORM 9988 CACHE GOGGLE LEADS ALL ON BOTTOM LEFT CORNER WHEN CONNECTING IT JUST GOES ON AND ON...
  9. Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins

in Windows 10 Support
    Ethernet Adaptor Completely Dropping Out, Restarting Takes 10mins: Hi, I'm hoping someone knows the answer to this issue. The issue occurring is that the ethernet adaptor will completely drop out, leaving me without network/internet access. Its only affects my windows 10 pro PC, all other devices in the house are unaffected. This problem...
  10. Ethernet Drop Outs

Ethernet Drop Outs: Hi folks For a few weeks now I've been having a number of issues with my LAN connection dropping out on me. It happens every five minutes or so, for about a minute at a time. I've done troubleshooting on my router and there is no issue here, it's worth noting that...