Windows 10: Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly

Discus and support Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and started having issues with my Ethernet adaptor. Periodically my internet connection just stops and then returns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fishoish, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Fishoish Win User

Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and started having issues with my Ethernet adaptor. Periodically my internet connection just stops and then returns after about 5 seconds. While watching the Ethernet performance tab on the Task Manager, when the issue happens the tab automatically switches to CPU Performance. Clicking the Ethernet item does nothing until the issue stops happening the dot beside the Ethernet is white as well. I've looked for updates and reinstalled my Ethernet adaptor Killer E2400. The issue doesn't generate any problem report. Please help.

:)

Fishoish, Jun 30, 2020

2. Ethernet disconnects regularly Windows 10

Hello

Computer is connected to internet via ethernet cable. Regularly i get icon that i have no ethernet connection. I unplug ethernet cable and re plug in and all is ok. I do not lose internet connection when using wireless.

Currently have ethernet connected to ethernet over power adapters, but issue has occurred even when i am connected direct to mode.

I need to move computer to far end of house with terrible WIFI so will connect via ethernet over power

Is there a simple fix or do i have to be a Window guru to know what I'm doing?

Regards

Carl

CarlRainer, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly

Wifi Adaptor and Ethernet not working

Neither my Wifi Adaptor nor my Ethernet can connect to the internet. When I enable the Wifi Adaptor, it will connect to the internet for a brief second, before auto-disabling itself again. The same thing happens for the Ethernet connection. I have tried
    restarting my desktop, uninstalling both the wifi adaptor as well as the ethernet connector device, typing all sorts of random codes to reset (idk what, but pretty much everything on the net). Also, it's odd but my wifi adaptor and ethernet does not disable
    itself UNTIL the moment my computer connects to the wifi. If not connected to the wifi, I am able to see the wifis in the surrounding areas (of course it immediately switches off when I connect to my home wifi).

I am using Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802. 11b|g|n Wifi Adaptor and a Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller. My computer is a ACPI x4-based PC

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Tham Yi Rei, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly

1. Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly - Similar Threads - Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting

2. My WiFi connection keeps disconnecting regularly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My WiFi connection keeps disconnecting regularly: Hello guys i've just bought a new lenovo legion y540 and i my WiFi keeps disconnecting regularly. First time to troubleshoot a message "DNS server unavailable" and after some days suffering i troubleshooted again and got another message "reset Wi-Fi adapters" and every time...
  3. Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect

Random Ethernet and WiFi disconnect: So I've been dealing with an issue where my ethernet randomly disconnects along with my wifi. Its been an ongoing problem for a while. I've looked and researched every post and forum I could find on this and I couldn't find a single solution. I've tried just about everything...
  4. Ethernet and keyboard disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet and keyboard disconnect: I have recently just built a gaming pc so can run games better. Everything worked fine for a few days while it was setting up and installing all the games. But now it does not. Generally, my pc will last for 10 minutes before disconnecting my keyboard and ethernet but my...
  5. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: Since upgrading to Win10 (1903 then 1909) I have had frequent disconnections on my broadband. I use a standard CAT 5 ethernet cable connected to my router, and after about 10 minutes or so of internet connectivity my broadband drops. I can still connect to the router which...
  6. Displayport Adaptor once plug in, wifi is disconnected.

Displayport Adaptor once plug in, wifi is disconnected.: Ok, So Im trying to run a second monitor so I bought a display-port adapter. Now as soon as it's plug it in, the internet is cutt. No idea why, I just spend hours trying to figure out why and install drivers and playing around to only find out it's some poorly coded part of...
  7. Wifi dongle disconnects regularly

Wifi dongle disconnects regularly: Previous posts here in the community have tried to address the problem of peoples wifi dongles dropping connection regularly. The previous instructions from Microsoft given to correct the problem are not working because they are not addressing the real problem. The problem is...
  8. Intel Ethernet Adaptor (2)1219-v Not starting

Intel Ethernet Adaptor (2)1219-v Not starting: I have a Dell XPS8900 windows 10 I have tried as many solutions as I could: Uninstalled/reinstalled latest driver, Net Reset, Router Reboot, Cables check out fine, Troubleshooter, Say's no problems found, Device manager properties: Cannot Start? Any suggestions or experiences...
  9. Intel Ethernet adaptor, Unable to start

Intel Ethernet adaptor, Unable to start: Dell XPS8900 Tried everything I could; Uninstall/reinstall, Network Reset, Rebooting router, checked cable feed is fine,. Finally reinstalled windows. Nothing has worked?...
  10. Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Disconnection sound repeated regularly: I have just updated windows 8.1 to 10. I am hearing the sound heard when disconnecting a USB device all the time - Sometimes every 30 seconds, sometimes every minute. Sometimes not as frequent but usually very frequent. I have noticed a few things - In task manager the...