Windows 10: Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly

Discus and support Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and started having issues with my Ethernet adaptor. Periodically my internet connection just stops and then returns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Fishoish, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Fishoish Win User

Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 and started having issues with my Ethernet adaptor. Periodically my internet connection just stops and then returns after about 5 seconds. While watching the Ethernet performance tab on the Task Manager, when the issue happens the tab automatically switches to CPU Performance. Clicking the Ethernet item does nothing until the issue stops happening the dot beside the Ethernet is white as well. I've looked for updates and reinstalled my Ethernet adaptor Killer E2400. The issue doesn't generate any problem report. Please help.

:)

Fishoish, Jun 30, 2020

2. Ethernet disconnects regularly Windows 10

Hello

Computer is connected to internet via ethernet cable. Regularly i get icon that i have no ethernet connection. I unplug ethernet cable and re plug in and all is ok. I do not lose internet connection when using wireless.

Currently have ethernet connected to ethernet over power adapters, but issue has occurred even when i am connected direct to mode.

I need to move computer to far end of house with terrible WIFI so will connect via ethernet over power

Is there a simple fix or do i have to be a Window guru to know what I'm doing?

Regards

Carl

CarlRainer, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly

Wifi Adaptor and Ethernet not working

Neither my Wifi Adaptor nor my Ethernet can connect to the internet. When I enable the Wifi Adaptor, it will connect to the internet for a brief second, before auto-disabling itself again. The same thing happens for the Ethernet connection. I have tried
    restarting my desktop, uninstalling both the wifi adaptor as well as the ethernet connector device, typing all sorts of random codes to reset (idk what, but pretty much everything on the net). Also, it's odd but my wifi adaptor and ethernet does not disable
    itself UNTIL the moment my computer connects to the wifi. If not connected to the wifi, I am able to see the wifis in the surrounding areas (of course it immediately switches off when I connect to my home wifi).

I am using Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802. 11b|g|n Wifi Adaptor and a Realtek PCLe GBE Family Controller. My computer is a ACPI x4-based PC

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers

Tham Yi Rei, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly

1. Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting regularly - Similar Threads - Ethernet Adaptor disconnecting

2. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...
  3. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media disconnected on network adaptors: I have a very odd situation that has arisen, my Lenovo Aspire 6 has stopped sharing files to the rest of my network.Have been down the route of WINSTOCK, Driver updates, network restart, troubleshooting, uninstalling Windows updates back to when it was working.I can ping all...
  4. Media disconnected on network adaptors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't change Ethernet Adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change Ethernet Adaptor: I can't Change ethernet Adaptor setting on windows 10. I need to set manual IP but did not open. Un expected error window pop only whenever i click on properties for IP setting . I run also troubleshooting but didn't found any issue...
  6. Can't change Ethernet Adaptor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change Ethernet Adaptor: I can't Change ethernet Adaptor setting on windows 10. I need to set manual IP but did not open. Un expected error window pop only whenever i click on properties for IP setting . I run also troubleshooting but didn't found any issue...
  7. Can't change Ethernet Adaptor

8. ethernet disconnecting

ethernet disconnecting: i have changed my router to a new fast one but suddenly I found my PC cant read the ethernet cable it seems that It keeps disconnecting and connecting every 2 or 3 seconds and i have to restart the PC for 15 or 16 times unplugging and plugging the ethernet before it works...
  9. Domain Name not showing on Ethernet adaptor

Domain Name not showing on Ethernet adaptor: Hi All, Here's the topology. End user is authenticated via clearpass and routed through Checkpoint which performs L3 Routing and DHCP replay. AD is configured with DNS name "abc.com.sg" and DNS Server ip 5.5.5.5.When user gets authenticated, and connected to Lan, the ethernet...
  10. Ethernet disconnects

Ethernet disconnects: Hello In January I got my new PC. My SO built it, it that helps at all And since I have had it I've had an issue. After a while or if I tried to load up a heavy game like R6, the ethernet on my pc will disconnect. This will freeze my whole screen, mouse and keyboard. At...