Windows 10: Ethernet and keyboard disconnect

Discus and support Ethernet and keyboard disconnect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently just built a gaming pc so can run games better. Everything worked fine for a few days while it was setting up and installing all the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alicia Howell, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Ethernet and keyboard disconnect

I have recently just built a gaming pc so can run games better. Everything worked fine for a few days while it was setting up and installing all the games. But now it does not. Generally, my pc will last for 10 minutes before disconnecting my keyboard and ethernet but my mouse stays on. The light on my keyboard also stays on.

It will disconnect in every gaming session and now sometimes when I am using the internet.

I have swapped out my keyboard twice and tried using different USB ports.

And have tried swapping out my ethernet cable.

Both will disconnect at the same time and will not come back on until I have restarted to the whole PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Alicia Howell, Mar 23, 2020

2. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Hi,

There's a possibility that your Ethernet connection is not enabled to wake on magic packet. For us to isolate this, let's look into the advanced settings of your network adapter. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and select Wake on magic packet.
    5. Set the value to Enabled.
    6. Click OK.

Once done, try to observe if Ethernet connection still disconnects if put to sleep mode.

Looking forward to your reply..

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Ethernet and keyboard disconnect

ShellExperienceHost hanging during boot when ethernet disconnected

Hi,

It is possible that you're experiencing ShellExperienceHost hanging during boot when Ethernet is disconnected due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to know which build and version of Windows 10 you're using. Are you getting
    any error messages when you tried opening/using Cortana? What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Teemo Tang on this

thread
    to troubleshoot the error ShellExperienceHost
    hanging during boot when Ethernet is disconnected.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Ethernet and keyboard disconnect

1. Ethernet and keyboard disconnect - Similar Threads - Ethernet keyboard disconnect

2. Random Disconnection Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Disconnection Ethernet: Hello, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Event viewer logs two of the same errors:The name "PCNAME :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.33. The computer with the IP address 169.254.38.155...
  3. Random Disconnection Ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Disconnection Ethernet: Hello, I randomly get disconnected from the internet. I couldn't pinpoint the cause. Event viewer logs two of the same errors:The name "PCNAME :20" could not be registered on the interface with IP address 192.168.1.33. The computer with the IP address 169.254.38.155...
  4. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  5. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting: So I just got a new PC, everything works smoothly, however whenever I try to plug in my ethernet, it'll connect for a random amount of time few hours or few days and then mysteriously it disconnects.I try unplugging and replugging it into my PC but with no results. Only when...
  6. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. ethernet disconnecting

ethernet disconnecting: i have changed my router to a new fast one but suddenly I found my PC cant read the ethernet cable it seems that It keeps disconnecting and connecting every 2 or 3 seconds and i have to restart the PC for 15 or 16 times unplugging and plugging the ethernet before it works...
  8. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: My pc keeps showing that I have no internet connection and in network adapter setting its showing my ethernet cabble is unplugged but I can temporarily fix it by disabling and enabling the network adapter but the internet again disconnects after a few minutes....
  9. Ethernet disconnects

Ethernet disconnects: Hello In January I got my new PC. My SO built it, it that helps at all And since I have had it I've had an issue. After a while or if I tried to load up a heavy game like R6, the ethernet on my pc will disconnect. This will freeze my whole screen, mouse and keyboard. At...
  10. Ethernet keeps disconnecting

Ethernet keeps disconnecting: Since upgrading to Win10 (1903 then 1909) I have had frequent disconnections on my broadband. I use a standard CAT 5 ethernet cable connected to my router, and after about 10 minutes or so of internet connectivity my broadband drops. I can still connect to the router which...