Windows 10: Ethernet and Wifi problem

Discus and support Ethernet and Wifi problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a problem with my internet connection that every 24 hours it will lost connection the ethernet port the problem is when it lost connection only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Prachk, May 15, 2020.

1. Prachk Win User

Ethernet and Wifi problem

I have a problem with my internet connection that every 24 hours it will lost connection the ethernet port the problem is when it lost connection only my pc that lost connection from the internet but Wifi from access point works fine. I try everything but it seems I can't really find out the issues that what's really happen to my system.

:)

Prachk, May 15, 2020
  2. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, May 15, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet and Wifi problem install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet and Wifi problem pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet and Wifi problem select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet and Wifi problem Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, May 15, 2020
  4. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

Fart

Brandon,

I don't know what I mean. YES ON WIF i can connect to the internet, but you cannot connect to anthing plugged into the same WIFI ROUTER with CAT5 Cable ethernet. My MacBook Pro has WIFI and ehternet, ethernet wont work, but wifi will. My Dell does not have wifi, and I cannot connect to the network or internet at all. As I mentioned, I changed the WIFI Router about a week ago, problem solved, for 3-4 days, now ethernet to the new router does not work again.

revdrw, May 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Ethernet and Wifi problem - Similar Threads - Ethernet Wifi problem

2. No ethernet or wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No ethernet or wifi: Trying to install windows 11 pro on a new build, it has a Z790 AORUS ELITE X WIFI7 motherboard. Windows cannot see the ethernet or the wifi. I think I have installed the corrct drivers but still no luck....
  3. No ethernet or wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No ethernet or wifi: Trying to install windows 11 pro on a new build, it has a Z790 AORUS ELITE X WIFI7 motherboard. Windows cannot see the ethernet or the wifi. I think I have installed the corrct drivers but still no luck....
  4. Wifi and Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi and Ethernet: How do I remove this ethernet icon from the wifi section? It is really annoying. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-and-ethernet/b908fe79-6dc9-45a0-89eb-d65238dc5219
  5. Complex ethernet and wifi problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complex ethernet and wifi problems: Hello, For no reason all of sudden, my ethernet connection isn't showing even not in network connections, neither in devices. Also my wifi keeps disconnecting. I tried reinstalling drivers, settings reset, restarts What I know that the problem is in pc sw/hw issue, bc i...
  6. ethernet / wifi problem

ethernet / wifi problem: Thinkpad laptop with win10. Since the last update laptop boots to wifi connection, how do I get it back to the ethernet on booting? 154395
  7. ethernet / wifi problem

in Windows 10 Support
    ethernet / wifi problem: Thinkpad laptop with win10. Since the last update laptop boots to wifi connection, how do I get it back to the ethernet on booting? 154395
  8. wifi and ethernet

wifi and ethernet: my internet wifi router has builtin lan ports if i connect to it using both wifi and Ethernet cable will my download speed double another hypothetical question what if i has two wfi connections to internet and i connect to it using laptop builtin wife to one wifi network...
  9. Ethernet and Wifi Problem

Ethernet and Wifi Problem: Hi there, whenever i plug in my ethernet cable , the wifi automatically turns off and i cannot turn it on again.Whenever i unplug the cable the wifi goes back, so here is my problem: i wanted to share the ethernet connection through hotspot but it seems like i can't do so...
  10. Wifi and ethernet problems

Wifi and ethernet problems: I am trying to connect to the internet after the update and it's me that the ethernet isnt working, I am trying to turn on wifi to see if it's just ether net or my computer but I dont have an option for wifi any where [IMG]...