Windows 10: ethernet and wifi work on all devices but my windows ten pc

Discus and support ethernet and wifi work on all devices but my windows ten pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been spinning my wheels about this for several days now and haven't gotten anywhere. I do not have internet access with ethernet on my pc, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenMacGillivray, Aug 8, 2019.

1. ethernet and wifi work on all devices but my windows ten pc

I have been spinning my wheels about this for several days now and haven't gotten anywhere. I do not have internet access with ethernet on my pc, I have tried different cables and different ports on the router with no luck. I have tried other devices with the same ethernet and they work fine, leading me to believe its a problem with my pc. When I run the troubleshooter it says that it couldn't find the problem. my ethernet drivers are up to date aswell.

another issue possibly unrelated but I figured id include it is that I receive the error code 0x800706d9 when I try to update windows. I found online that this meant that I needed to turn on windows firewall, however, when I go to windows firewall in control panel no matter what I click on I get the message: "update your firewall settings Windows defender firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your computer" and when I click "use recommended settings" nothing happens.

after the above dificulties, I went to services and tried to start it manually but it fails with error code 87.

after all of this, I am very stuck. Any help to fix my ethernet issue would be greatly appreciated.

:)

BenMacGillivray, Aug 8, 2019
  2. revdrw Win User

WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

OK but why?

NOT YELLING, JUST EMPHASIZING

Please note, I installed the new Lynksis, it worked just fine for 3-4 days on both my MACBOOK PRO when in ethernet connect and the Dell, then the ethernet just quit working for both my MacBook Pro and Dell desktop. It did work, then just quit for no apparent reason. WIFi for iPhone, iPad, Andriod Phone, and when I set to wifi for my MacBook pro all work fine.

Detailed history: I first noticed that on my Desktop dell that is CAT5 ethernet connected to the WIFI ROuter, that it stopped, no internet access. I began to trouble shoot, and turned off my WIFI on my MAcbook and it wouldnt work either, plugged into same router but different cat5 cable. At that time, all WIFI devices still worked. I figured that it must be the ethernet side of the WIFI router, so I replaced the router with brand new one. the Lynksys N900 listed in original thread. Ethernet and everything worked just fine for 3-4 days. But then ethernet quit, but wifi still works.

Whatever the problem, it affects both my MacBook Pro and Dell with WIN 7. I'm guessing it is NOT a computer problem, if it is it is affecting both my Mac and Dell, separate cat 5 cables to same wifi router

To remixedcat, I don't know for sure how to check IP settings, see above post, no damage apparent to anything.

revdrw, Aug 8, 2019
  3. revdrw Win User
    WIFI Works, Ethernet won't

WIFI Works, not ethernet. I have a MacBook Pro and a Dell WIN 7. Ethernet stopped working, replaced WIFI Access point. I replaced the wifi access point, and for several days, it worked! But then about a week later, I can still connect wifi just fine with all devices, but not ethernet. Frustrated in Hobart*Bang Head :banghead:

New WI-FI Router Lynksys N900 Model # EA4500-NP NEW/Replaced MOdem
    Modem Motorola Surfboard SB5101U

revdrw, Aug 8, 2019
  4. revdrw Win User

ethernet and wifi work on all devices but my windows ten pc

WiFi works, but not ethernet. New router, new cable. Does not work on other devices

Same Problem, Go Figure

I have same problem WIFI Works, not ethernet. I have a MacBook Pro and a Dell WIN 7. I replaced the wifi access point, and for several days, it worked! But then about a week later, I can still connect wifi just fine with all devices, but not ethernet. DID you ever get yours figured out? Frustrated in Hobart*Bang Head :banghead:

New WI-FI Router Lynksys N900 Model # EA4500-NP NEW/Replaced MOdem
    Modem Motorola Surfboard SB5101U

revdrw, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

ethernet and wifi work on all devices but my windows ten pc

1. ethernet and wifi work on all devices but my windows ten pc - Similar Threads - ethernet wifi devices

2. Ethernet and wifi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet and wifi not working: I was using windows 7 on my desktop and finally decided to upgrade to win10.I updated it using the MediaCreatorTool and everything went smoothly. Decided to keep apps and personal files.But now, lan and wifi are connected but unresponsive.The Ethernet adapter is an intel one....
  3. Ethernet and wifi not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet and wifi not working: I was using windows 7 on my desktop and finally decided to upgrade to win10.I updated it using the MediaCreatorTool and everything went smoothly. Decided to keep apps and personal files.But now, lan and wifi are connected but unresponsive.The Ethernet adapter is an intel one....
  4. Ethernet and wifi not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi/Ethernet not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi/Ethernet not working: This is my 5th time restarting my PC and the WIFI just started working. Normally it doesn't when I troubleshoot all it shows me is "Plug in a ethernet cable into this computer" but I don't have one, and when I press skip it says "Network cable broken or not plugged in" but...
  6. Ethernet and wifi not working on PC only

Ethernet and wifi not working on PC only: Randomly my internet will stop working on my PC for both ethernet and wifi options but everything else in the house will work. Usually for a couple hours but its been over a day and nothing seems to work, it shows ethernet is connected and i should have internet access but...
  7. Constant Disconnections through Ethernet [WiFi working fine on all devices]

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant Disconnections through Ethernet [WiFi working fine on all devices]: I'm at my wits end. I thought I was very computer savvy. I did. Until I started using Ethernet for 'faster, uninterrupted, more reliable connection'. Wi-Fi so far has not quit out [and that's usually the case] in the past week; but through Ethernet I've been getting cut off...
  8. Wifi And Ethernet not working!

Wifi And Ethernet not working!: I wrote this before but i haven’t still got a solution, i was wondering if anybody could help me out Recently i connected a 15 m ethernet from my router to my pc because my wifi extender wasn’t working. Until today when i noticed my ethernet wasn’t flashing that was going...
  9. Wifi and Ethernet not working

Wifi and Ethernet not working: Recently i connected a 15 m ethernet from my router to my pc because my wifi extender wasn’t working. Until today when i noticed my ethernet wasn’t flashing that was going into my pc and my ethernet icon wasn’t there it was just a wifi symbol. I could still connect to the...
  10. Wifi and Ethernet not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi and Ethernet not working: Recently i connected a 15 m ethernet from my router to my pc because my wifi extender wasn’t working. Until today when i noticed my ethernet wasn’t flashing that was going into my pc and my ethernet icon wasn’t there it was just a wifi symbol. I could still connect to the...