Windows 10: ethernet becomes disabled after some time

Discus and support ethernet becomes disabled after some time in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i recently updated to windows 10. I'm having some difficulties regarding internet through Ethernet on It. what usually happens is i am able to surf... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by amskhan, Nov 18, 2015.

1. amskhan Win User

ethernet becomes disabled after some time

Hi, i recently updated to windows 10. I'm having some difficulties regarding internet through Ethernet on It. what usually happens is i am able to surf the Ethernet for around 10 minutes, then the ethernet adapter just quits on me. So i run the network trouble shooter and find you that it needs to reset the DNS, which it does successfully. After that my Ethernet doesn't work anymore till I restart the Laptop. my computer's wifi card is an intel wireless n 7260, and the other network adapter is a pcie gbe family controller.

:)

amskhan, Nov 18, 2015

2. Windows 10 takes too much time on the windows login screen

I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 several weeks back, the booting time was blazing fast on windows 8 but after getting windows 10, it has become extremely slow! The welcome screen takes the most time with the dots going in circles but not loading.
    The booting time has become 1 minute plus.

I thought that the boot up would become fast after some time but that isn't the case. I disabled all start up things but still no luck. Please help. I have an i3 HP Pavilion.

GaganMalik, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Internet connection issue

1. I need ethernet connection (over LAN without internet) for some reasons. So I can not disable it for normal work.

2. Modem is connected all the time. Only Windows not using this connection to access internet

3. After I unplug ethernet cable Windows immediately "switch" and redirecting internet access over USB modem (witch is connected all the time)

4. After plug back ethernet cable internet access imediately stop working (and modem is still connected)

5. I allready do Network Reset.

6. I update ethernet adapter driver

7. Before short time I discovered, that if I connect with WIFI adapter too, to some network witnout internet access, comunication over USB modem going withnout issue.

So the configuration with issue is: Connected USB LTE modem, Connected ethernet cable into network without internet. And no access to the internet. If I try ping 8.8.8.8, I see that DNS server of ethernet network is used, so this is the key, i thing.

Petr RC Zlin, Nov 18, 2015
  4. amskhan Win User

amskhan, Nov 18, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    Probably Windows Update replaced your Realtek drivers with Microsoft that are not perfect. Download latest drivers from Realtek (look for the Gigabit, PCI Express download) and install it. To prevent Windows Update replacing the driver again, hide the relevant update.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. ethernet becomes disabled after some time - Similar Threads - ethernet becomes disabled

2. Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP: My Ethernet disconnect “it’s not the wifi not working or something” basically my Ethernet disable at 9pm and turns back on at 7am. I would like to know if there’s way to solve this. This been daily for the past 2 weeks, and I have no idea how to fix it? Or why does it...
  3. Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP: My Ethernet disconnect “it’s not the wifi not working or something” basically my Ethernet disable at 9pm and turns back on at 7am. I would like to know if there’s way to solve this. This been daily for the past 2 weeks, and I have no idea how to fix it? Or why does it...
  4. Ethernet disable at a certain time HELP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Is there a way to disable keyboard going to sleep after some time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable keyboard going to sleep after some time?: My keyboard goes to sleep after 10 minutes or so, and when I come back, it needs like 10 seconds to register the key until it wakes up again.I can't find a model on it but it's this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y3ZS47V?tag=rtings-zz-kb-20&ie=UTF8...
  6. My desktop becomes black after opening a program. It becomes normal after some time again...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My desktop becomes black after opening a program. It becomes normal after some time again...: above submitted by /u/Tezor17854 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/twdba9/my_desktop_becomes_black_after_opening_a_program/
  7. Screen becomes off and on for some second many times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen becomes off and on for some second many times: my screen becomes blank or black for some times and it's so annoying and mouse also became blury https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-becomes-off-and-on-for-some-second-many/44fbaae7-dcd5-462a-aaa3-2bceada1430c
  8. Fonts and some graphic elements become blurry in some screen regions after time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fonts and some graphic elements become blurry in some screen regions after time: The screenshot actually represents the problem quite fine.The right window is OK. I scrolled the page, hovered the cursor over the open pages list, so the whole window is displayed correctly.The left windows with the table is almost totally distorted, even the top of the...
  9. Windows Desktop suddently becomes unstable after some time and turn grey.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Desktop suddently becomes unstable after some time and turn grey.: I had a problem. When i always open program the PC just wanna get white, and I get the problem what is in subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-desktop-suddently-becomes-unstable-after/41bad336-373d-4092-a0af-9083d2d3a5f7
  10. Touchscreen disabled for some period of time after stylus use.

in Windows 10 Support
    Touchscreen disabled for some period of time after stylus use.: I own a thinkpad yoga 14 with the active pen digitizer. One really annoying thing that seems to have popped up when I switched to 10 makes it nearly impossible to use the pen. Essentially, the pen itself works, however attempts to use the touchscreen simply do not work for...