Windows 10: Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting

Discus and support Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Recently i pluged my ethernet cable on my pc but then i figured out it was not working, and when i looked deeper into the problem, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Poliando, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Poliando Win User

Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting

Hello everyone,

Recently i pluged my ethernet cable on my pc but then i figured out it was not working, and when i looked deeper into the problem, my ethernet was always connecting and disconnecting.

I tried plugging the cable on another computer and it worked so the problem is not from the cable.

I tried plugging other cable on my computer and it worked some how.

I have alredy ran through all the forums and youtube videos on the internet and couldnt fix the problem, can someone help me please?

:)

Poliando, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Apple19# Win User

ethernet cable disconnected

my laptop's ethernet adapter show the cable to be disconnected while it is actually plugged in. Moreover the cable doesn't lit-up now as it used to be when connected to the laptop.

Apple19#, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting

Windows 10 restart if ethernet cable is disconnected

Windows 10 shuts down if the Ethernet cable is disconnected. Computer will restart but shuts down again (in a minute or two) if the Ethernet cable is not connected. I cannot go wireless

NathanZebrowski, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting

1. Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting - Similar Threads - Ethernet Cable always

2. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected: Appears even when an actual cable is connected, right below it.ipconfig and others show no such connectionAtempting to open properties will redirect / close the windowDisabling ethernet device does nothing:...
  3. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected: Appears even when an actual cable is connected, right below it.ipconfig and others show no such connectionAtempting to open properties will redirect / close the windowDisabling ethernet device does nothing:...
  4. Unnamed "Ethernet Connection" even when Ethernet cable disconnected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.: Hello,I've came across a problem that is bothering me. It started happening like 3 months ago after I moved towns. So I would play some game, while being connected to the router with a Cable, then randomly it would disconnect the cable, Saying No internet access, Then the...
  6. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.: Hello,I've came across a problem that is bothering me. It started happening like 3 months ago after I moved towns. So I would play some game, while being connected to the router with a Cable, then randomly it would disconnect the cable, Saying No internet access, Then the...
  7. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

8. Ethernet Cable Connection

Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  9. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  10. Wireless keep disconnecting when Ethernet cable is connected

Wireless keep disconnecting when Ethernet cable is connected: Hello Everyone, I hope you have hear this common issue of wireless being automatically disconnected as soon as the ethernet cable is connected. Can anyone help me in resolving the issue? I have already tried going into BIOS and checked the setting of the wireless. Both...