Windows 10: Ethernet Cable Connection

Discus and support Ethernet Cable Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KobeJ, Jun 4, 2022.

1. KobeJ Win User

Ethernet Cable Connection

Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be working. Could anyone help me out?

:)

KobeJ, Jun 4, 2022

2. Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Jun 4, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 4, 2022
  4. RCoon Win User

Ethernet Cable connection in Dorms

Press start
    Type in "network", and select "Network and Sharing Centre"
    Click on Change Adapter Settings at the left.
    Check if you have two, one ethernet and one wireles.
    If you only have one, wireless, your ethernet driver is not installed (refer to website of manufacturer for driver)
    If you have two, and the ethernet cable is plugged in but the adapter is not connected - buy a new cable.
    Check with university site management to see if they have purposefully disabled physical network connection.

RCoon, Jun 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Ethernet Cable Connection - Similar Threads - Ethernet Cable Connection

2. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  3. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  4. Ethernet Cable connect but not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Cable connect but not detected: So like a week ago my ethernet was working and it randomly just stopped, my windows does not detect it and it says the ethernet is "not plugged in". I have tried almost everything....
  5. Ethernet Cable connect but not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable connect but not detected: So like a week ago my ethernet was working and it randomly just stopped, my windows does not detect it and it says the ethernet is "not plugged in". I have tried almost everything....
  6. Ethernet Cable connect but not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  8. Ethernet Cable is Not Connected or may be Broken

Ethernet Cable is Not Connected or may be Broken: I have a custom built PC and recently (today) my ethernet has been connecting for about a second and then disconnecting. If I run the trouble shooter I get the error mentioned in the subject, but if I click see if this problem is fixed right when my ethernet says its...
  9. "Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection: Let's start at the beginning... In early November I broke my collarbone which resulted in my being out of work since. Being unable to really sit in my office at my desk (plugged directly into the modem as I typically am via ethernet), I moved my laptop downtairs and began...
  10. New Ethernet Cabling, no connection

New Ethernet Cabling, no connection: Hi, I just had ethernet cabling done in my house from the router under the floorboards into my room which evidently doesn't work. Stupidly I didn't get the guy who did the job to check it and I don't want to call him out if it's just a software issue. He also installed a...