Windows 10: Ethernet cable disconnects Wifi after 1903 Update

Discus and support Ethernet cable disconnects Wifi after 1903 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Split from this thread. This update has an issue, when i plugged internet cable then wifi turned off automatically, I don't want to turn off wifi,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shahid mmc, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Ethernet cable disconnects Wifi after 1903 Update

Split from this thread.​

This update has an issue, when i plugged internet cable then wifi turned off automatically, I don't want to turn off wifi, because i have to make laptop hotspot so that i can connect my cell phones. this update not allows me to turn on wifi while internet cable is plugged in.

:)

Shahid mmc, Sep 28, 2019

2. wifi and ethernet disconnect after 1903 update

I got a call from support 45 min ago and the case number above. But after 42 min in the loop I gave up on technical support.

I did everything what you see below. Still wifi and ethernet disconnects randomly and must be reconnect manually for wifi and ethernet by re-plug in the adaptor.

As stated on your own support page: it is a known issue for microsoft with the 1903 update!!!

So please advise what´s do

You are being redirected...

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...onfiguring-ipv6-in-windows-for-advanced-users

Wifi doesn't auto connect after update 1903

BardiaGharib, Sep 28, 2019
  3. laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Ethernet cable disconnects Wifi after 1903 Update

Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Ethernet cable disconnects Wifi after 1903 Update

1. Ethernet cable disconnects Wifi after 1903 Update - Similar Threads - Ethernet cable disconnects

2. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN cable disconnecting WIFI: We have just received our new DTF printer which users a LAN cable to connect this to the laptop. How ever when we connect this to the port it automatically disconnects the WiFi. This seem to be getting the priority over WiFi. The printer doesn't need a Internet connect just...
  3. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN cable disconnecting WIFI: We have just received our new DTF printer which users a LAN cable to connect this to the laptop. How ever when we connect this to the port it automatically disconnects the WiFi. This seem to be getting the priority over WiFi. The printer doesn't need a Internet connect just...
  4. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.: Hello,I've came across a problem that is bothering me. It started happening like 3 months ago after I moved towns. So I would play some game, while being connected to the router with a Cable, then randomly it would disconnect the cable, Saying No internet access, Then the...
  6. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.: Hello,I've came across a problem that is bothering me. It started happening like 3 months ago after I moved towns. So I would play some game, while being connected to the router with a Cable, then randomly it would disconnect the cable, Saying No internet access, Then the...
  7. Ethernet cable identifying, disconnecting, Connecting.

8. wifi and ethernet disconnect after 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wifi and ethernet disconnect after 1903 update: I got a call from support 45 min ago and the case number above. But after 42 min in the loop I gave up on technical support. I did everything what you see below. Still wifi and ethernet disconnects randomly and must be reconnect manually for wifi and ethernet by re-plug in...
  9. Computer reads ethernet cable as "disconnected"

Computer reads ethernet cable as "disconnected": My ethernet has recently been turning off and on, in a matter of seconds. One second it'll be off then a moment later it will turn back on. I've tried everything, hoping I can find some sort of fix here....
  10. Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting

Ethernet Cable always connecting and disconnecting: Hello everyone, Recently i pluged my ethernet cable on my pc but then i figured out it was not working, and when i looked deeper into the problem, my ethernet was always connecting and disconnecting. I tried plugging the cable on another computer and it worked so the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i uodated my windows 10 to 1903 now i keep getting disconnected from the internet randomly