Windows 10: Ethernet Cable is Not Connected or may be Broken

Discus and support Ethernet Cable is Not Connected or may be Broken in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a custom built PC and recently (today) my ethernet has been connecting for about a second and then disconnecting. If I run the trouble shooter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SkylarCarleton, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Ethernet Cable is Not Connected or may be Broken

I have a custom built PC and recently (today) my ethernet has been connecting for about a second and then disconnecting. If I run the trouble shooter I get the error mentioned in the subject, but if I click see if this problem is fixed right when my ethernet says its connected, it says the problem is fixed and then goes right back to the same error, help please.

PC Specs:

MSI B450 Tomohawk Motherboard

Ryzen 5 2600

RX 580

:)

SkylarCarleton, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 12, 2018
  3. RCoon Win User
    Ethernet Cable connection in Dorms

Press start
    Type in "network", and select "Network and Sharing Centre"
    Click on Change Adapter Settings at the left.
    Check if you have two, one ethernet and one wireles.
    If you only have one, wireless, your ethernet driver is not installed (refer to website of manufacturer for driver)
    If you have two, and the ethernet cable is plugged in but the adapter is not connected - buy a new cable.
    Check with university site management to see if they have purposefully disabled physical network connection.

RCoon, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Ethernet Cable is Not Connected or may be Broken

Ethernet Connection

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to ask additional information that will help us in resolving the issue.

• What kind of computer are you using? Is it a desktop or a laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes to your computer?
    • Have you tried troubleshooting the issue by yourself? If yes, what were the steps you have taken so far?

I would suggest you to try the following and check:

• Verify that the cable connects the modem to the wall jack is connected securely.
    • Verify that the cable connects the computer to the modem is attached securely at both ends.
    • Restart the router/modem.

Follow the steps and let us know if it helps.

JericDale Ort, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet Cable is Not Connected or may be Broken

1. Ethernet Cable is Not Connected or may be Broken - Similar Threads - Ethernet Cable Connected

2. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  3. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  4. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ethernet Cable connect but not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable connect but not detected: So like a week ago my ethernet was working and it randomly just stopped, my windows does not detect it and it says the ethernet is "not plugged in". I have tried almost everything....
  6. a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken: the error in the title is what i received last night. one minute it was working and then i go to the bathroom for not even 5 minutes and i get back and my computer has no ethernet connection. I was extremely confused and didn't know what to do because it was just working, so...
  7. A network cable is not properly connected or may be broken

A network cable is not properly connected or may be broken: Hello, I've had some issues with a brand new laptop I bought, and some of those issues started from the very beginning. I know some would recommend me to go to the store and ask for a refund or something like that, but I do not have time for it. Sometimes my internet...
  8. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  9. Ethernet cable might be unplugged or broken

Ethernet cable might be unplugged or broken: Excuse me sir, My wifi was working fine till yesterday and i have wlan and i have never used a cable network. When i was gaming suddenly my wifi got disconnected and i could not reconnect to my wifi. I have tried the following steps below, 1)Update the drivers 2)Speed and...
  10. New Ethernet Cabling, no connection

New Ethernet Cabling, no connection: Hi, I just had ethernet cabling done in my house from the router under the floorboards into my room which evidently doesn't work. Stupidly I didn't get the guy who did the job to check it and I don't want to call him out if it's just a software issue. He also installed a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an ethernet cable is not connected or may be broken

2. ethernet says cable is not connected or broken but it is not

3. win 10 troubleshooter says connect an ethernet cable...I already have one c0nnected and its a good one